The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But there's no need for a clash uniform because Richmond and Adelaide don't clash.

By the way, is it just me or has The Age done a horrendously shit job reporting on the VFL grand final? The only article I saw about it was more about "bad omen for Richmond" rather than actually reporting on the game.

Every outlet, save for Paul Amy at the Leader, has done a horrible job. It sucks. It's the only time in recent years I wish I was back at my old job, because I would have covered it properly.

But it's because no one gives a shit about the VFL. Note as well that the VWFL and Tac Cup grand finals got even less coverage, despite Darebin winning their fifth straight flag and Daisy Pearce winning her tenth, and despite the fact the TAC Cup granny was decided by an after-the-siren miss as well.

What did you think of Sloane's hit on your golden boy being cleared? Didn't you want him suspended for that? :wink:

All trolling aside, :up:

It was a perfect hit. And Danger was only winded I think.

I'm more furious that the MRP's shithouse inconsistency might cost Danger a second straight Brownlow tonight.

As far as this year goes, I think Martin has been the best this year anyway - so I doubt there'll be the shock of Danger finishing first despite ineligibility.

Looking forward to tonight, I've never known the feeling of approaching a Brownlow night when your own team is the GF and can't physically attend. :lol: Hopefully Matt Crouch rates strongly.

Every outlet, save for Paul Amy at the Leader, has done a horrible job. It sucks. It's the only time in recent years I wish I was back at my old job, because I would have covered it properly.

But it's because no one gives a shit about the VFL. Note as well that the VWFL and Tac Cup grand finals got even less coverage, despite Darebin winning their fifth straight flag and Daisy Pearce winning her tenth, and despite the fact the TAC Cup granny was decided by an after-the-siren miss as well.

To me The Age's coverage of the VWFL seemed to be better. It was on the main page. In fact it's the only reason I know the game was played. But yeah if there hadn't been a post on one of the various AFL Facebook pages I follow, I wouldn't have even know the TAC Cup grand final was on.

I normally won't give the Hun clicks but I did yesterday to read their match report on the VFL, just to get something with more substance than the flaky "bad omen" article I found on The Age. Doubt I'll read another Hun article this entire year.

21766284_1425469254215417_5983082365699061299_n.jpg

Few bets tonight, Robbie Gray top five for $120, Sloane-Merrett-Ben Brown-Josh Kelly-Clayton Oliver-Josh Kennedy (Syd)-Lachie Neale to lead their clubs for $187, Hawthorn most votes to not be Tom Mitchell $42.50 and Clayton Oliver top five $50.

Few bets tonight, Robbie Gray top five for $120, Sloane-Merrett-Ben Brown-Josh Kelly-Clayton Oliver-Josh Kennedy (Syd)-Lachie Neale to lead their clubs for $187, Hawthorn most votes to not be Tom Mitchell $42.50 and Clayton Oliver top five $50.

Ban gambling.

Martin might be "best", but he sure as shit doesn't deserve the "fairest" part of the Brownlow.

Holy fuck this guy's even dumber than I thought.

But boy he can play footy.

Sloane-Merrett-Ben Brown-Josh Kelly-Clayton Oliver-Josh Kennedy (Syd)-Lachie Neale to lead their clubs for $187

You must hate Nat Fyfe for screwing you out of $187 by a point.

Never seen a footballer struggle with the spotlight as much as Dusty. Priddis certainly never seemed comfortable when he won a few years back, but this guy is something else.

Ripper season though, so very many highlights. I think overall he still is just not quite as good as Dangerfield though.

Howe robbed for mark of the year. Daniher's Mark one of the worst winners in memory.

Loved Rioli's goal, but how did Westhoff's goal in China not make the final three - my personal favourite, with Higgins' goal for North.

:crack:

Nervous as hell.

One thing I wanted to note is how naive I've been about the week leading into the GF, I thought the fact that we were in the GF meant we'd actually get some legitimate coverage in the media but it turns out we don't. It's all Richmond.

CARN THE TIGES!!!

I've got a beer open and one of my yellow and black Wellington shirts on. I love Grand Final Day.

Do you have any idea how much I'm living to regret choosing Essendon over Richmond back in the day.

(Still love you, Bombers.)

I think Ax switched to the Bombers around 2010/11? In my early years on the board he was a mad Richmond supporter.

I think Ax switched to the Bombers around 2010/11? In my early years on the board he was a mad Richmond supporter.

Nah I was never that big on them. It was 2008 when I needed a team and was backing them but kept shouting for Essendon too.

I'd always liked the Bombers but didn't want to bandwagon them in 2000, and in 2006 I lived with a big fan. Being in Queensland there was no pressure to have a team, I just liked watching the sport. But when I came down here it was clear I needed one.

I recall a game in late 2008 or early 2009 when I realised despite my efforts to go for Richmond, my heart was in Essendon. That's how a certain Charlotte then became an Essendon fan through my concerted efforts in early 2010!

Reckon they're doing pretty well. It's just acoustics are never really great at the 'G on Grand Final day.

Do you think Mike Brady ever gets tired of playing Up There Cazaly every single year at the GF?

Back
Top Bottom