The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could say I was pretty excited about Carlton winning.

[tweet]898879080673583104[/tweet]

Less excited about our display, but an important win nonetheless.

Let's all fire up the ladder predictor?

This all assumes Melb, Rich and St Kilda win today, and then Dogs, Melb, Syd, Port, Geelong, Essendon, Adelaide and Richmond win next week, and there's no way in hell I'll get 12/12, but has the top eight:

Adelaide 66
Geelong 62
GWS 60
Richmond 60
Sydney 56
Port 56
Melb 52
Essendon 48

With the Bulldogs becoming the first premiership team since Hawthorn in 2009 to miss the finals the following year thanks to their awful percentage.

The Geelong-GWS game in round 23 is fucking massive. If we win that, GWS falls on Adelaide's side of the draw in finals, meaning they'd play in a prelim, not the GF. Sydney are also at a big disadvantage thanks to Richmond's easy run home: assuming they account for the Dockers today, they're four points ahead of the Swans, and they've both got winnable games in round 23. That would mean Sydney gets a home elimination final, but away in the semi, most likely to Richmond.

Hard to believe that it took until the 23rd minute of the second quarter for a team to kick two consecutive goals in this Saints vs North game. So many lead changes. Good viewing, though the Saints are starting to emerge as the better team.

Welp, after my last post that game turned into a total bore.

Time for the annual last round Ross Lyon tank

Seems it has started early. Can't believe they've lost both of their last two games by over 100 points, and today at home!

I really hope Essendon can deliver a third 100+ point belting. That would ensure we're safe on percentage! :lol:

Let's all fire up the ladder predictor?

This all assumes Melb, Rich and St Kilda win today, and then Dogs, Melb, Syd, Port, Geelong, Essendon, Adelaide and Richmond win next week, and there's no way in hell I'll get 12/12, but has the top eight:

Adelaide 66
Geelong 62
GWS 60
Richmond 60
Sydney 56
Port 56
Melb 52
Essendon 48

With the Bulldogs becoming the first premiership team since Hawthorn in 2009 to miss the finals the following year thanks to their awful percentage.

The Geelong-GWS game in round 23 is fucking massive. If we win that, GWS falls on Adelaide's side of the draw in finals, meaning they'd play in a prelim, not the GF. Sydney are also at a big disadvantage thanks to Richmond's easy run home: assuming they account for the Dockers today, they're four points ahead of the Swans, and they've both got winnable games in round 23. That would mean Sydney gets a home elimination final, but away in the semi, most likely to Richmond.

This looks about right to me, though I think Port could end up ahead of Sydney. Port do well beating up on lesser teams. Whatever happens, I'm just hoping Essendon face Port, whose level I reckon we match, rather than Sydney. I'm still not over what happened against them in a game I swear did not happen.

Gutted the Dogs will miss out but their percentage is awful. They'd need an unprecedented flogging of Hawthorn to make it in. As long as Essendon win by 1 point, the Dogs can't make it even if they win by 100.

Hahahaha I've never been so happy for Collingwood to win. A totally meaningless victory that should help Eddie's case to retain a thoroughly useless coach, and now the Dees are a real chance to miss finals. Perfect.

Imagine getting a new contract after only 9 wins - after 5 or so years. Incredible.

Imagine inheriting a team that were real flag contenders, having been to the last dance in both of the previous seasons and winning one of them—and steadily turning it into a team that never had any serious prospects of making the eight.

It's still so weird that they gave Chris Mayne this relatively big ass deal only for him to sit in the VFL. Wells is good but to give him that contract, with his propensity for breaking down constantly was madness. On the other hand, Hoskin-Elliott has been a very positive inclusion for them this year.

So, um, how about the Gold Coast Suns huh. What a pitiful loss. How do you only score 20 points in the WHOLE FUCKING GAME?

Tomorrow I just want Essendon to beat Freo and St Kilda to beat Richmond. Then we will play Richmond in the elimination final rather than Sydney and, well, it's Richmond, so something stupid will probably happen.

I reckon this season will have one last upset, maybe West Coast clinching a finals spot out of nowhere.

Oh I'm definitely barracking for West Coast to sneak in tomorrow. Sorry, Vladelaide.

Looks like Richmond are on course to smash St Kilda. I was hoping for a St Kilda upset as that would've likely set up a Richmond vs Essendon elimination final at the MCG, and I'd rate the Bombers to at least be competitive - probably not win, but be able to stay in touch.

Now with Richmond very likely to win today, that means Essendon will have to go up to Sydney unless West Coast win really big against Adelaide. In that case we'll play Port, and I'd much rather take that than a certain thumping by the Swans. Sure we almost - and should've - beaten them earlier in the season but that Freo game today doesn't give me the confidence we can take it to the Swans again. So fucking carn the Eagles, pulverise the Crows.

Apart from that elimination final Richmond lost to ninth place, this choke by Melbourne is more Richmond than anything Richmond have ever done.

I adore Melbourne, but I have no sympathy for them because it's their own fault. Looks like Nathan Jones is retiring, too. It was very funny that they missed out thanks to West Coast getting up.

I'm annoyed we have to play Richmond at their home ground, not ours, but cannot wait for finals to start. Fucking hate having the week's bye though, how fucking stupid.

On Buckley - I think you're all wrong. I think he's a great leader, maybe just needs better assistants?? And a better list. Shame however that he's shitting on Lumumba.

Problem for us is Sydney is on our side of the draw. We lose to Richmond and Sydney knock us out in a semi. Sydney have a comfortable path to the prelim if you ask me, but they're very likely going to be playing Adelaide in Adelaide. Suspect that'll be a balltearer, then GWS plays either Richmond or Geelong in Melbourne in the other prelim.

I think if we get past Richmond, we make the grand final. If we don't, we're out in straight sets.

Richmond 3rd

And we absolutely deserved it [emoji846] what a tremendous season it has been. So many players have taken it to another level this year. Stoked.

Geelong have been indomitable against us for so long. I don't expect us to win, but our performance down at Kardinia Park a few weeks ago showed a bit of promise.

We could be on track for a straight sets elimination... very Richmond!

Geelong and Richmond at the MCG already just about sold about. :up: A 90k+ crowd would be amazing. Adelaide and GWS getting pretty close too. On the other hand, the Port and Eagles elim. final still has like 12k tickets open to the public. :lol:

AA team:

Hibberd / Rance (C) / McGovern
Laird / Hurley / Docherty
Josh Kelly / Martin / Merrett
Gray / Buddy / Zorko
Daniher / Kennedy (VC) / Betts
Ryder / Dangerfield / Tom Mitchell
Crouch / Yeo / Selwood / Shiel

Feels like Rance is the AA fullback by default every year. Anyway, very happy to see Matt Crouch recognised.

Home prelim for the first time in 11 years, without needing Sloane. :up:

Brodie Smith likely ACL. :( Sauce Jacobs crying at the end of the match after losing his brother a week ago. :sad:

Wow, that was a very convincing win.

But GWS have definitely gone backwards since last year. This time a year ago they were a legitimate flag threat, and if the siren had gone two minutes earlier or later in the prelim (surely one of the greatest games I've watched) then they would've got a place in the grand final. Now, they're probably going to go out in straight sets, and if they don't I can't see them advancing from a prelim.

Can't wait for Geelong vs Richmond. Should be a right cracker.

Back
Top Bottom