The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who got paid to photoshop this

10-Dogs-v-Giants-FIL-AFL.jpg

Last edited:
I've actually done a pretty good job of keeping up with footy this year and I'm looking forward to seeing how this wild race for slots 5-8 work out over the next 3 rounds. There just isn't much to say as far as my awful club goes.

Carlton have been pretty respectable in my opinion. Going to take some time, and not convinced Bolton is the man, but think there's a lot of upside. Same for Brisbane.

Take it your busy lives have meant you've dropped off following AFL this year...?

You picked the wrong season to get busy :lol:

I do wish I'd been able to watch more of it, but given the season that means I wish I'd been able to watch every game. Not sure why this thread's got so quiet. It's been a real corker.

I'm disappointed by tonight's result though. It's crazy but I might want the Dogs to get back-to-back flags more than I want Essendon to win this year, just because I respect Bob Murphy that much. I mean, I wanted Freo to win a flag for Pav, and Murphy's even beyond Pav, he's such a stellar guy. Then again it feels like Bob could keep playing next year...

Huh, yeah, Richmond did so much to get back within striking distance of Geelong and then didn't capitalise on their effort.

Got to be honest and say I hope Brisbane lose their last three games, and I say that because I like them. They're a good chance to beat Gold Coast, even if the Suns are leading right now, but I really don't want Carlton or North to get the first draft pick. Those two need it much less than the Lions. Tank it up, Brissie.

As much as I want to see us pull an upset, I hope the Eagles make the finals so we can have an eight with only three Victorian clubs in it. I like when travel has an impact on the matches, plus a broader region of fans gets involved. Probably won't happen though, the Eagles have a rough road the last two rounds.

If it does, it would be the lowest number since 2003, when only the Pies and Bombers made it. That's pretty crazy, considering the Suns and Giants didn't exist yet.

Last edited:
As much as I want to see us pull an upset, I hope the Eagles make the finals so we can have an eight with only three Victorian clubs in it. I like when travel has an impact on the matches, plus a broader region of fans gets involved. Probably won't happen though, the Eagles have a rough road the last two rounds.

If it does, it would be the lowest number since 2003, when only the Pies and Bombers made it. That's pretty crazy, considering the Suns and Giants didn't exist yet.

That 2003 ladder is quite something, with every interstate team in the eight. Today that would mean the entire eight is interstate. The Eagles this year are cooked, I don't see them having a chance at either of their final two games.

I think the race for the last two spots in the eight is basically down to Dogs vs Bombers vs Dees. Eagles and Saints have tougher roads. Obviously I fucking hope the Dees don't make it.

Vlad, you want to talk about umpires gifting teams goals, how about the opener for your team tonight. "Mark" out in front off a kick that didn't go anywhere close to 15 metres and was touched about as clearly as possible. Awful call.

If all the calls so far had gone the other way, Vlad would be in here suggesting an umpiring conspiracy. :lol:

I know that was a bad call, they made up for it by not paying a legitimate mark to Gov later. :wink:

That was fucking dreadful umpiring tonight. I'm also still angry about Daniher being called for illegal disposal when whichever Crow was "tackling" him was holding him below the knee, which is why he fumbled the ball as he tried to handball it to the player running into goal.

But as bad as the umpiring was, Adelaide were still obviously the better team and there's a reason why they're top of the table. I'm just annoyed that we lost by 43 despite so many good spells. We've now slipped behind West Coast and Melbourne on percentage, though obviously the Eagles' game is still in progress and the Dees haven't played yet. Those last three goals, like those we conceded to the Dogs in the dying minutes of an otherwise tight game, are going to come back to haunt us.

Also, shoutout to Cale Hooker for some monster goals tonight!

I'm so devastated that Bob Murphy is retiring. I almost choked up when I saw the news this morning. I'm honestly more saddened by this than Jobe's departure, and Jobe is a fucking legend as it is.

What you wouldn't fucking give to have had Bob on your team eh.

Quality retirees are in abundance this year. To add to Murphy, Gibson as well. He's another gun defender anyone would want in their side.

Not just the quality of the player though. Bob is the toppest top bloke in the league.

Didn't watch the match tonight, didn't even follow it on my phone. :lol: Probably the most disinterested I've been in a 'big' game involving my side for a long time - we've already got the home qualifying final sewn up I guess so not much matters here.

I had to endure a horrendous stream, but I was able to see us end both our 2017 losing streak and our Hawks losing streak tonight; this was our first time beating them since 2005. I'm trying to tune out how terribly depressing that is and focus on the positives.

Wow, so with the Dogs going down today - great the match was in Ballarat, shame the Power kicked five straight at the death to steal it - and the Dons knocking off the Gold Cunts, we should be back in the eight at the end of the round. Can we hold it for one more week?

I had to endure a horrendous stream, but I was able to see us end both our 2017 losing streak and our Hawks losing streak tonight; this was our first time beating them since 2005. I'm trying to tune out how terribly depressing that is and focus on the positives.
Carlton is still the second-last team to beat the Swans and you play them next week.. ;)

Wow, so with the Dogs going down today - great the match was in Ballarat, shame the Power kicked five straight at the death to steal it - and the Dons knocking off the Gold Cunts, we should be back in the eight at the end of the round. Can we hold it for one more week?
Time for the annual last round Ross Lyon tank

Back
Top Bottom