The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously, where did good Adelaide go and what the hell is this team posing as them. I'm so confused.

I went out tonight because as if Essendon weren't going to get smashed by Geelong. Even after that good start I knew we would fade. Can't believe that even with some struggles in the fourth quarter we held on to win. Essendon seem to win when I'm at gigs...

This season keeps throwing up some outrageous curveballs.

North and Sydney play today, two teams that seemed down and out a few weeks back, but the winner mighty still be a top 4 fancy. So crazy has this season been so far.

Big, big win to Richmond today could see us take top spot. Could happen, but we could well be soundly beaten as well.

Stadium in Shanghai looks beautiful.

I think the most telling thing about the Adelaide Football Club is how we have a 28yo 150+ game plodder who offers absolutely nothing to the side, plays at best 2-3 passable games a year yet still gets consistently selected because he 'trains well' and provides a mythical 'run and carry' game. It's baffling, do any other clubs have players like this in their 22?

Who's that?

I am furious to be a Geelong supporter at the moment. We're playing like entitled cunts and refusing to show up until the final quarter when we slam on 10 goals. It's infuriating.

This season has been fucked up.

The epitome of the anonymous but also completely useless player who is a net negative to the side.

Tigers went ahead by four points with a minute to go... then Mundy kicked a goal after the siren. :lol:

I seriously cannot believe this. The Tigers' goal was with just 21 seconds left in the clock! I cannot recall a team getting back in front with that little time left and then losing the game. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

And my god that Gold Coast vs Port game looks like it must've been a shocking ad for the sport.

Richmond are the new North, oh my god. Every season they find new ways to punish their fans.

Ugh, they came back to tie it. Not sure how Hawthorn could be spotted an entire quarter of footy and not even hold on to the lead for another 40 minutes.

Richmond are the new North, oh my god. Every season they find new ways to punish their fans.

Can't make this stuff up [emoji853]

Played really well for three quarters. Conceded some silly goals in the final term, but weren't terrible. Goal disallowed, bang, goal to them at the other end. Game over.

Very Richmond.

The epitome of the anonymous but also completely useless player who is a net negative to the side.

So after getting dropped for poor form last week, he's back after one week where he was an emergency and he didn't actually have a chance to improve his form in the reserves. The exact same thing happened last year too! :happy: I love this club, truly a professional outfit.

Damnit, Good game between Essendon and Richmond but disappointed in the result.

Pretty happy Hawthorn dented the Sydney resurgence though.

And fucking Freololololol.

Port keep a team scoreless in the first quarter for the first time. And it's Hawthorn. :lol:

Hawthorn's lowest score ever at half time oh my god.

How good is it that we don't bother to tag Selwood? Or how we don't bother turning up to Geelong time and time again and deliver limp excuses for performances? You'd think Pyke would learn from his mistakes, but no.

I don't give a shit if we're 8-3 now, but seeing how predictable this club is, I'm not sure there's any need for me to bother at this point.

Fuck sake's man, I'm actually being sincere here! I am legitimately disgusted, and it's just another example of the mediocrity this club stands for.

I'd quite enjoy a measure of mediocrity that involves being in the race for top of the table and doesn't feature a guest appearance by ol' mate peptides. But, you know, that's just me.

I'd like to win a premiership sometime within the next 20 years, for what it's worth.

My frustration comes out with the possibility of the club wasting a 'premiership window' by consistently selecting underperforming players in place of promising youth that could already do their job, and the coaching panel make the same mistakes and never learn from then. How could you not watch how fucking Collingwood of all teams put a hard tag on Selwood to dismantle them, yet we had no intention to tag him from the start! And look what happens!

It defies belief that Scott Camporeale has been around since the Neil Craig era when he is so completely, utterly hopeless as a midfield coach. (EDIT: apparently he has a building company so he's not even a full-time coach, damning)

Last edited:
Just when you thought the season could get any crazier!

Carlton beat the Giants by a point!

It's awesome. This is what happens when a team has some talent but is way too inexperienced to be consistent. Maybe this win will spark something, but I think we're still pretty far away from any long-term success.

Back
Top Bottom