The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are Port's struggles? I haven't seen them documented and generally they've been okay. I feel so bad for Gary Ayres. He's such a wonderful man and a great coach.

Gee, the Cats have been getting away with a bit so far this season. Three games already they could have easily (and possibly should have) lost. Saints underwhelming so far this year, expected more from them.

I wonder how many more ways North can find to lose. And what the fuck happened to Sydney after their opening burst? Did they all come down with food poisoning ten minutes into the game?

Hawthorn at least finally have a win on the board. Much rather it be them than Sydney.

Fucking stoked Essendon won the Anzac Day clash today. I was actually thinking of getting up to watch it, since it began at 7:20am European time, but I'm a bit tired after the long-arse flight and Roadburn, so when I woke up it was about three-quarter time and I didn't want to miss the free breakfast (German hotels sure know how to put on a good breakfast spread). It was exciting enough just watching the scores update on my app. Looks like Daniher, Fantasia, and Tipungwuti had stellar games.

Gotta say, I've got a lot of time for many of the players on Essendon's list. Parish and Tipungwuti are gems, and I like Heppell as skipper. I was actually quite ok with the Dons defeating Collingwood yesterday.

Anybody who would prefer Collingwood to win anything is a true monster.

I don't really care about the ASADA stuff at all anymore, so I don't have too much negativity towards the Bombers either.

I wonder if anybody put money on the bottom two teams at the end of round six being Hawthorn and Sydney. Because if so, they must be rolling around naked in a fucking swimming pool of cash right now.

Someone, somewhere, might have done it for a laugh. Still reckon that was a great win by Carlton though. The sort that replenishes the optimism for another while.

It's a much improved squad over last year and I'll take that. Beating the Pies next week would be the icing on the cake but I'm not expecting much.

My AFL viewing has been spotty this season, but I'm going to make time for Crows/Tigers tonight

Last edited:
Nothing from Vlad after that absolute rout of Richmond? Not even a slight peep of satisfaction?

Just going by the score progression, it looks like Richmond were contenders for most of the first half, and then Adelaide decided to show them what it means to be the real deal.

Personally, I'm disappointed Essendon didn't do tremendously well against Melbourne after our Anzac Day showing. We can't even use the short turnaround as an excuse given the team we vanquished managed to knock off the Cats!

I was/am pretty stoked. Just this thread doesn't seem as active as it once was.

Nothing from Vlad after that absolute rout of Richmond? Not even a slight peep of satisfaction?

Just going by the score progression, it looks like Richmond were contenders for most of the first half, and then Adelaide decided to show them what it means to be the real deal.

Personally, I'm disappointed Essendon didn't do tremendously well against Melbourne after our Anzac Day showing. We can't even use the short turnaround as an excuse given the team we vanquished managed to knock off the Cats!

Richmond played an almost flawless first quarter, as soon as the second started we blitzed them and they never looked like scoring afterwards (only 4 goals since quarter time).

Reckon Rory Sloane's a big chance for the Brownlow this year. Would have polled well in 5 out of his 6 games so far.

Vlad might crack a smile if they win the grand final.

I might even provide a thumbs up.

Wait is this North vs Adelaide result a hoax? Fake news?

Vlad, wherever you are, I hope you are OK.

What the actual fuck even is this weekend. The entire top five lost!

And Rohan Connelly is tearing it up on Twitter against the alt-right scum.

Loved what he did on Friday night :up:

This has been one fucked up round of football though.

And a very weird season. I can never remember a season where every team was so flawed and susceptible to a heavy loss every week. Just when we thought maybe Adelaide was the only standout they concede 10 goals in the first quarter and end up getting pumped.

Apparently this round is the first time since 1975 that every lower-ranked team has beaten a higher-ranked one, and that was in a 12-team competition. Wow.

For volatility I wish I had seen the 1993 season. Just look at that painfully close ladder! Even better, it ends with Essendon winning the flag.

I wasn't able to watch our game this weekend, and in hindsight I'm extremely glad I didn't. Didn't need my otherwise good week affected by a shit Crows performance.

Reckon we started drinking our own bathwater too early!

EDIT: good to know Port lost though, they simply cannot beat a top 8 team for all the positive attention they're getting.

Last edited:
Feels like he's been out of the public spotlight for about a decade now.

Imagine drinking your own bathwater so much that you get done by fucking North by 10 goals and then smashed by Melbourne at home. Fuck, I am so embarrassed.

Back
Top Bottom