The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
St. Kilda up by 82 points at half time against Richmond. :faint: What is going on.

I've been Buckley biggest defender since he took over, but I think it's all but over. He will see out the season, but he won't coach in 2018.

Time for a coaching restructure at Collingwood, cause this current list should not be 15th on the ladder.

Buckley can stay coach of Collingwood for as long as he wants. I love what he's done with the club since inheriting a premiership team. :wink:

Yeah, I want to see just how far he can get the team to fall. It's quite a remarkable skill!

Tom Lynch, who was in intensive care for meningitis only a couple of weeks ago - has 27 disposals and 3 goals in his return game. :up: Pretty miraculous recovery.

Another nail in the coffin of the VFL with the confirmation that the Reserves (or the “VFL Development League”) will be canned at season’s end. I really do believe the AFL should be held accountable for what it has done to the VFA/L. A once proud and mighty competition that at one time was the equal or even bigger than the VFL has been reduced to rubble that no one gives a shit about. Soon all will be left is its history, and there’s fuck all left of that as well.

Great result tonight, but that would have to be the worst umpiring display of the year. Absolutely shocking.

Bizarre to see Dangerfield interviewed on the ground post-match too.

Last edited:
Another nail in the coffin of the VFL with the confirmation that the Reserves (or the “VFL Development League”) will be canned at season’s end. I really do believe the AFL should be held accountable for what it has done to the VFA/L. A once proud and mighty competition that at one time was the equal or even bigger than the VFL has been reduced to rubble that no one gives a shit about. Soon all will be left is its history, and there’s fuck all left of that as well.

What the fuck. It's like the AFL just does not care.

Great result tonight, but that would have to be the worst umpiring display of the year. Absolutely shocking.

Safe to say you guys got the rub of the green last night.

But he's the only important player in the league, so why are you surprised? :wink:

Caught the second half of the Pies/Eagles game, boy did we have a good run with the umps in the last 5 minutes...but that are De Gooey chase down was superb.

Pretty pleased to see the Bombers in the top eight after this weekend. And our run to the end of the regular season isn't too challenging either, though who knows in this batty season.

A bit of an unpopular opinion there!

Really? I watched it with a couple of mates and we all felt that in the first half Geelong were getting pinged for things Adelaide weren't. It shifted a bit in the second half, and Geelong were never energetic or accurate enough for it to matter a whole lot, but they got a tougher run on the small things.

All very sad, particularly with Springvale Scorpions being erased by the Casey Demons and Frankston's demise. These two teams could have been local super clubs, comprising of the better non-AFL players from the Casey and Peninsula regional corridors, but no.

Port and Williamstown may be the strongest remaining VFA teams, but with their league existing with minimal sense of purpose, it may only be a matter of time for these two giants as well.

You follow the VFA Halcyon Days page on FB, cobbler? Absolute treasure trove of VFA history.

Yep - two very proud and powerful clubs, but the VFL is just so irrelevant that it's difficult to see the blue sky for them. I love them both dearly, particularly Port Melbourne, having covered them for years (I still have Gary Ayres' mobile number in my phone, a lovely, lovely man).

And yes I do, probably the best Facebook page there is. I've lost hours on it :up:

I would strongly urge you to buy this book: Fabulous Fred: The Strife and Times of Fred Cook

It's by Paul Amy, who is a legendary 'local' sports journalist. It's tremendous reading about a man who kicked more goals than Tony Lockett and how he got into serious trouble.

Been a great performer over the a decade but really should have retired at the end of last year.

The endings of both games involving South Australian teams this weekend were completely nuts.

I didn't get to watch the game so I can't tell if I should be ecstatic or pissed about the draw.

Both?

Being down by 50 points early in the third when you're top of the table and your opponent is nowhere near the eight must be infuriating.

But then to recover all those 50 points? Pretty damn impressive.

It has been a fucking stupid season.

Reckon Dangerfield unfortunately is in a bit of strife for his tackle on Kruezer. He shouldn't be, but I suspect he'll get a week, which is infuriating, but I just reckon it looks ordinary and Kruezer couldn't take any further part in the game.

In really sad news - Nick Riewoldt will be announcing his retirement today. I hate St Kilda but have nothing but love for that man. Been an absolute champion and he will be greatly missed. Been a real changing of the guard this year. Hodge retiring, as is Mitchell, as is Priddis!

Wow, I really thought Nick was going to play another year. One of those players - like the others you mentioned - without whom it's hard to imagine their team, or footy in general.

And if Dangerfield cops any punishment at all for that tackle, it will be absurd. That was an excellent tackle.

McCarthy copped weeks for a similar tackle, didn't he? The AFL should at least hold Dangerfield to the same standard.

Watched Footy Classified just to see Hutchy have a tantrum. Didn't disappoint. Seems to think Geelong shouldn't have to pay for the players they want too.

Back
Top Bottom