The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. This is easily the strangest ladder I've seen since I started watching the sport. For all I know, the usual stalwarts could revert back to form and the ladder will take its expected shape, but I hope that's not the case. At the rate things are going, these finals will be crazy.

Nah, I hate Carlton so much I'd have preferred a GWS victory.

No idea who the hell I want to win out of today's disgusting match-up of Dees and Pies.

Yeah, exciting game. And as it got going I realised that as much as I may dislike the Dees, my disdain for Collingwood eclipses it thoroughly. Good outcome.

I think that's a bit old. As good a reason as any to dislike a club, but they're all capitalist these days, no way Melbourne is more Tory than any other.

I guess I've always been about underdogs. Aside from St Kilda. Fuck St Kilda.

Class/political distinctions in football here are for the most pretty irrelevant these days. It's not even on the same level as EPL clubs for instance.

I guess I've always been about underdogs. Aside from St Kilda. Fuck St Kilda.

Replace St Kilda with Melbourne and that's partly how it is for me (ugly uniform, don't like the team name, been awful to watch for almost the whole time I've followed the sport), but...

Class/political distinctions in football here are for the most pretty irrelevant these days. It's not even on the same level as EPL clubs for instance.

It's not on the same level as the EPL, no, but the distinctions linger. The Doggies clearly remain a working class team, and Port are more working class than Adelaide. And contrary to Cobbler I do think Melbourne still have their Tory base. Carlton retain their strong links to the Italian community of the inner suburbs. And Sydney aren't shaking the "champagne-sipping eastern suburbs" stereotype any time soon.

But the likes of Richmond and Collingwood have definitely lost a working class vibe, even if Richmond remain on-field battlers.

I'm going to pretend the last few hours of my life didn't happen, cheers guys.

What a fucking weird season of football. There's every chance the side that scrapes into eighth this year will comfortably win their way to a flag.

The amount of times I watch a game of football and think "hey there's 2 minutes to go and 2 goals in it, anything could happen" and of course there's no come-from-behind victory... and then when I finally witness it, it's my own damn team choking up a week's worth of breakfasts.

In Slovenia pretending that I don't have a football team.

Am I the only one who dreads selection nights? I think it's justified, I can't fucking believe we brought back Thompson. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom