The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Richmond v Eagles today was amazing. Didn’t know which way it was gonna go. Reminded me of the GF last year.

Genuinely, especially if they finish top 2 the Lions can do it. They’d have to win that first final though I reckon.

Who knows what to expect from GWS, seem to have peaked too early and the wheels have come off. Essendon? If they beat Collingwood on Friday, confidence will be high. But can’t see them making it past the Semis.

If we’re stuck in 5th I’d hate to be playing the Dogs (or Hawks!) Still plenty of ladder shuffling to happen next week.

I'm beyond excited about the way the Blues have been playing.

First 11 games: 1-10
Since: 6-4

Free agency is going to fill out this team nicely and a little bit more seasoning for our young players under a new coach will only help matters. Not willing to say they'll make the 8, but I could see them playing important footy into August next season.

I would argue that is partly because, unlike the bulk of American sport (and soccer FWIW), AFL has a much fairer and regenerative system. It is designed so that the same teams don't stay at the top year-in, year-out.

I also think the Lions had a better year last year than it looked - the percentage tells you that. Five losses under 10 points. They win those and it's 10-12.

Either way, I'm stoked. They have lit up what has otherwise been a bit of staid season at times with a really exciting brand of footy and I genuinely think they can go all the way. I think West Coast and Richmond are probably the best two teams in it, with us, Collingwood and Brisbane in the next bracket.

Awesome round of footy. 1v2 and 3v4 were tremendously good games, and the Dogs being back in scintillating touch for the first time in three years brings me a lot of joy.
I feel that this has been the case for the Lions a lot since I've started flowing them. Where they consistently had a high percentage, but just couldn't win. I don't have the stats to back that up, just going off memory.

I've kept saying that Brisbane has usually been better than its ladder position indicates, and finally vindication. Gee they're exciting to watch. Great season really, love how level it has been, and teams coming with waves of momentum or crashing in moments of madness. Amazing that both SA teams might miss the finals as the Doggies surge. I'm relieved Essendon are assured a finals berth but recent weeks fill me with little confidence and I doubt we will get beyond first week of the finals.

The grand final ought to be a clash between two of the feline teams.

No posts during September, for shame.

Though really only the prelims were exciting.

Back
Top Bottom