The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GWS are just incapable of playing like an actual team, now they've thrown in the towel completely.

The idea that Leon Cameron should be sacked is not an unreasonable one. Yuck.

Oh come on Vlad.

I'm as tense as hell here (admittedly NZ election isn't helping). Richmond gonna Richmond, you know? They could cough this up, we know that. They've done it before, as have North, in less time.

And we're not going to hear a crowd like this again. All the corporate tickets for the grand final mean if Richmond make it, it'll somehow be quieter. Listen to this, what a noise.

Tense as hell? The game's been won halfway through the third!

And nah, GWS have a ridiculous amount of talent but if Cameron can't get them to play as a team - and he's had plenty of time, he needs to go. A Prelim exit is the best they're going to get with him as it stands.

I love that you think a prelim is a bad result. Get off it.

And of course I was tense, it's fucking Richmond, the only team better at blowing it is North.

Leon Cameron is the prelim final version of Ross Lyon then ;)

I love that you think a prelim is a bad result. Get off it.

And of course I was tense, it's fucking Richmond, the only team better at blowing it is North.

Can you at least agree he is an average coach? :lol:

Pinching myself that in 10 years this is only the second GF with no Geelong/Hawthorn/Sydney, 13 years if you want to include Collingwood.

You've been doing a lot less vintage Vlad stuff of late, which is most welcome, but you're back at it again with Leon Cameron. The man's a jet and hardly at fault. He's come up against two teams firing on all cylinders (very rare) this finals series, they're missing two of their five best players AND they lost one of their best mids in the first quarter. I agree that this result is an indictment on the club, two prelims in a row is not a great look, but getting rid of Cameron would be extremely silly.

Best stat about this for my book - this is the first time since 1898 that every player will be playing in their first grand final. That's scarcely believable.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see what happens with Cotchin. MRP will look at the incident. I dearly hope that it will just be seen as a good bump, which is what it was. Problem is it will only take a fine for Cotchin to be suspended :(

How hard is it to obtain New Zealand citizenship if Richmond get up next week?

Asking for a friend.

The Richmond Hater has logged in. :wink:

Will be interesting to see what happens with Cotchin. MRP will look at the incident. I dearly hope that it will just be seen as a good bump, which is what it was. Problem is it will only take a fine for Cotchin to be suspended :(

I would be shocked if Cotchin got suspended. It'd cause so much of an uproar.

The Richmond Hater has logged in. :wink:

It's a tough gig, but somebody's gotta do it. :lol: I do admire they way they play, reminds me of the Pies in 2010, and would be happy for their fan base, but I just can't stand them. Vladelaide 2017 it is.

Cotch misses a week in the regular season, but won't miss the grand final, which is probably fair enough. You nearly have to murder someone to miss the GF.

You've been doing a lot less vintage Vlad stuff of late, which is most welcome, but you're back at it again with Leon Cameron. The man's a jet and hardly at fault. He's come up against two teams firing on all cylinders (very rare) this finals series, they're missing two of their five best players AND they lost one of their best mids in the first quarter. I agree that this result is an indictment on the club, two prelims in a row is not a great look, but getting rid of Cameron would be extremely silly.

How is two prelims in a row not a great look and an indictment on the club? The only two coaches to get to the last two prelims are him and Chris Scott. And the Cats got beaten soundly both times. Last year Cameron would've been coaching in a grand final if two kicks had been straighter. This year not as close, but still more of a contest than either of the Cats' prelims. And he's had to come from a far worse base.

Compared to the Gold Coast he's doing fucking great. And we all know that even if GWS had won last year's flag or this year's one, there'd be howls that it doesn't really count as good coaching because the AFL gave them such a leg up bla bla bla.

Best stat about this for my book - this is the first time since 1898 that every player will be playing in their first grand final. That's scarcely believable.

Fuck, that's insane.

You nearly have to murder someone to miss the GF.

Surprised Dusty hasn't put this to the test yet.

By the way, if you're prepared to live in New Zealand for a year then that citizenship is yours.

It was a very good bump, but is a softer game and his track record may mean he'll miss. Shattering, and we surely can't win without him. Cotch was outrageously good yesterday.

Everyone is talking up Cotch, Rioli and Martin yesterday, they were all very good, but Rance is overlooked. His influence on the contest is always outstanding, the way he is able to turn 50/50 (or 30/70!) balls into Richmond's favour is unreal.

He's not overlooked at all :lol: he's just so good that it's pretty much just taken for granted, his continuous acts of individual brilliance. The best backman since Scarlett and in the top 1% of defenders to ever play the game.

Jesus.

[TWEET]911858231026139136[/TWEET]

In the SANFL GF Sturt beat Port (stacked full of AFL listed players) by one point.

He's not overlooked at all :lol: he's just so good that it's pretty much just taken for granted, his continuous acts of individual brilliance. The best backman since Scarlett and in the top 1% of defenders to ever play the game.

I specifically meant for yesterday's performance.

Well done Port. It just means too much more to Port's players and supporters rather than it would have meant for Richmond. There's a good handful of Tigers that are unlikely to be at the club next year. They are mostly playing for their spot on Richmond's list, whereas Port are playing for the sake of footy. Happy they won. Long live the remnants of the VFA.

Oh thank god the Borough won that. Fuck you, AFL and the way you've ruined the VFA/VFL.

Reminder that Port players weren't paid for round one, such was the dire straits of the club's financial position. This win is hugely significant.

There's an "uproar" that the lower ranked team in the GF will wear their alternate kit? Tell me its just some whiny old ex Richmond players

But there's no need for a clash uniform because Richmond and Adelaide don't clash.

By the way, is it just me or has The Age done a horrendously shit job reporting on the VFL grand final? The only article I saw about it was more about "bad omen for Richmond" rather than actually reporting on the game.

If it was home & away season he definitely gets suspended, but I don't mind the corruption in this instance at all. Very, very, very happy.

What did you think of Sloane's hit on your golden boy being cleared? Didn't you want him suspended for that? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom