The AFL Thread Reporting Dangerfield Has Signed a 9-yr $10.1m Deal With Port Adelaide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should be supporting Footscray, but happy with how Richmond fared.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Carlton picked up a 21 year old with their 1st round pick. That's a bit ... rare.

Someone I was friends with in primary school just got drafted by Melbourne, feel instantly sorry for the guy.

I think (hope) Melbourne are in a better position now. They would absolutely fucking stoked with Petracca and Brayshaw.

Patrick McKenna was playing cricket for Australia in Sri Lanka in September. Now he's at GWS.

Carlton's first draft pick....

6A904D34-F3DD-4C3B-AAEE-01D4CA711DF3_zpsyb05qzsv.jpg

I think (hope) Melbourne are in a better position now. They would absolutely fucking stoked with Petracca and Brayshaw

As they probably were with Scully and Trengrove

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Some interesting results in the Rookie Draft this morning, West Coast pick up Kane Lucas, Essendon take Shaun McKernan, Port bring back Nathan Krakouer, St Kilda take Saad again, and 5 Irish players taken. Brisbane took Pearce Hanley's younger brother.

I can't see where it's been announced?

If true, think he'd be as good as Jono Brown was.

Because it's the obvious conclusion to draw. It seems pretty difficult at this stage to believe he will stay.

However I love Tex and am excited about him being captain, he actually says interesting things.

Tex as captain? Wow, from what little I've seen of him in conversation it seems as if there is almost nothing going on inside his head.

He doesn't have to be a fucking university academic to make a good captain. :laugh: As long as he keeps the team going, gives the right advice/feedback and inspiration then he's doing his job.

Well no, and it's safe to say a lot of sportspeople aren't the brightest sparks, but Tex comes across as dim even by the low standards of professional sport. He's good at his role, of course, but I never figured him for captain material.

The fact that he speaks quite slowly as opposed to say the relative motormouths of the Ballantyne's and Stevie Js of this world is probably why he's seen as dim.

Now now, if you applied that logic consistently you might end up saying something sort of nice about Tone. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom