The AFL Thread Reporting Dangerfield Has Signed a 9-yr $10.1m Deal With Port Adelaide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That basketball team has completely lost the plot, first the ignorant rebranding and now a rash sacking. Never liked them anyway (South East Melbourne and Souths fan)

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

I think it would work great if it was Anstey who was doing the sacking. Maybe if he sacked himself.

I don't think I've known anyone who cares about the NBL? Does anybody talk about it? It gets okay news coverage but that's it.

Nowhere near as much as they used to. It was massive.

Cooney to Essendon, as per reports.

Sheeds has also been asked if he'd join the Bombers again.

Nowhere near as much as they used to. It was massive.

I remember when basketball randomly became huge in the nineties in Australia and New Zealand. Everybody had a Chicago Bulls or Charlotte Hornets cap. Then as quickly as it came, it went.

Cooney to Essendon, as per reports.

Sheeds has also been asked if he'd join the Bombers again.

Oh god, Sheeds, really? He's a champ but that's really grasping at straws if true.

As for Cooney, for the last couple of years I've made terrible STOP COONEY! jokes in the vein of Kony 2012, so if he becomes a Bomber that will just be hilarious.

Tom Boyd wants out of GWS. Club refuses to trade him. But he's out of contract end of next year and his manager pretty much said he'll leave then. How fucking stupid are this mob?

There's 0 reason to hold on so tightly to a player if they're adamant they want to leave, it never turns out well.

Love Niall, but I feel like he's playing devil's advocate there. They will lose more players over the next couple of years to homesickness, you might as well try and get yourself a good deal now for someone who doesn't want to be there.

The AFL Thread Reporting Dangerfield Has Signed a 9-yr $10.1m Deal With Port ...

Varcoe is only 26?!

Still not a huge fan of this trade, even if we all knew it was going to happen eventually.
mqdefault.jpg

Greenwood to Collingwood, Stanley to Geelong.

Not bad from Coll. Lose Beams and Lumumba but gain pick 5, Darcy Moore (great player in TAC this yr), Greenwood, Crisp and Varcoe.

yep, official. Griffin + pick 6 to GWS for Boyd on a 7-yr deal.

GWS in statement - "as a club we are proud to represent Western Sydney and Canberra and it’s critical that our players share that value. Clearly Tom doesn’t and the best course of action is for him to leave the club."

Jeremy Cameron on twitter - "Yes! A city slicker for a pig shooter!"

Trade Period felt a little underwhelming, but maybe this was just because Richmond were completely inactive (bar the flirtation with Trengrove).

Some big names moved clubs (Griffin, Cooney, Beams). Just felt like it took ages for these deals to be actually finalised.

Most deals are done in the last day and a half, we finalised our trades with like 2-3 minutes left!

I'm disappointed to lose Paddy Ryder, but I think Essendon hasn't done too shabbily given our name being mud right now. Ryder is the only player we've lost and we've picked up Adam Cooney (who chose us over North Melbourne), Jonathan Giles, James Gwilt, and pick 17. Decent return.

The Age has a rundown of what each club got: AFL trade and free agency 2014: a club-by-club guide

Did nobody inform WA that trade week was on? Neither Freo nor West Coast gained nor lost anything. Only other inactive club was Richmond.

I find it disgusting that an unproven player who has 9 games to his name is now on a 7-yr $1mil a season contract.

Trade Period felt a little underwhelming, but maybe this was just because Richmond were completely inactive (bar the flirtation with Trengrove).

Some big names moved clubs (Griffin, Cooney, Beams). Just felt like it took ages for these deals to be actually finalised.

Really? :eyebrow: This has been the most explosive trade period I have ever known. By far.

Most deals are done in the last day and a half, we finalised our trades with like 2-3 minutes left!

Interesting swap between our clubs. Stephen Wells, the best recruitment manager in the game, must have his eye on someone for pick 10.

I'm disappointed to lose Paddy Ryder, but I think Essendon hasn't done too shabbily given our name being mud right now. Ryder is the only player we've lost and we've picked up Adam Cooney (who chose us over North Melbourne), Jonathan Giles, James Gwilt, and pick 17. Decent return.

The Age has a rundown of what each club got: AFL trade and free agency 2014: a club-by-club guide

Did nobody inform WA that trade week was on? Neither Freo nor West Coast gained nor lost anything. Only other inactive club was Richmond.

I think you did really well. You were always going to lose Ryder, and that's your club's fault, but getting Giles as a replacement is a bit of a masterstroke. I find it odd that Cooney has gone to the Dons, but there you go. I've lost a bit of respect for the Dogs.

I find it disgusting that an unproven player who has 9 games to his name is now on a 7-yr $1mil a season contract.

Agreed. If he becomes anything less than a Nick Riewoldt calibre forward there will be a lot of discontent, Boyd better be even half that good.

Interesting swap between our clubs. Stephen Wells, the best recruitment manager in the game, must have his eye on someone for pick 10.

I think our reasoning is that there won't be a whole lot of difference in quality around that mark, and so we've got 3 picks in the top 50 which feels really odd after the last 2 years.

I kinda feel for him, his comments, new and old, are gonna hang over the rest of his career and the Suns will be thinking twice about having him on. Nobody should publicly show that they're the sole member of an Anti-David Rodan FB page. But Port really didn't owe him anything, they just showed interest and it's fair to say that Paddy was all they really wanted out of this past fortnight. Port and the Crows are not obliged to take care of any homesick strays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom