The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
What an interesting round of football. Certainly gonna be a great season. Can't wait to watch Hawks v Dogs this week.

I'm equal first in my tipping comp too :hyper: Hoping that most will start forgetting to put their tips in and I will coast to victory.

So I'm in Wellington staying at this hotel I haven't stayed at for a while.

Specifically, not since I watched this on their more-shitty-than-it-is-now wifi:

What a fucking game that was.

I would imagine that Troy Chaplin would rather not exist right now.

Got to wonder why Buckley and Hardwick had their contracts extended.

Got to wonder where the hell this St Kilda side was last week too.

And St Kilda are? This is a game the Pies should've won - and fairly easily.

Meanwhile, come on you Giants!

I don't know if it's the drug scandal or what it is, but they're massively underachieving. Hell, we'll probably keep it within a few goals.

This scared the fucking shit out of me

07-Purple-Duck.jpg

The big block text on the AFL site is so cringeworthy, and that's before you actually read what they say. Do sites for other major sports do this?

The last time we lost to St.Kilda in a Round 3 matchup we won the flag! (2010)

I broke my self imposed footy ban today and went to my first game in two years. Gee Collingwood were rubbish. I mean St.Kilda were inspired and actually showed heart but we played terrible.

Still think Bucks has got time up his sleeve before we call for his head. The list has a ton of potential yes, but they are all still quite young and developing, this isn't a team built "for now" ala Geelong or North. Ultimately that may be Buckley's own undoing, but time will tell.

Anyway it was shizenhouzen display from Collingwood, but I enjoyed the day out at the footy.

Looks like Carlton have turned up tonight, but still I feel Gold Coast should be in front by another goal or two at the first break.

And huh, Freo have an early lead.

Still think Bucks has got time up his sleeve before we call for his head. The list has a ton of potential yes, but they are all still quite young and developing, this isn't a team built "for now" ala Geelong or North. Ultimately that may be Buckley's own undoing, but time will tell.

I'll pay this - what I don't get, though, is why they extended his contract without at least waiting to see how the team starts the season.

Weitering is very good. Irishman #2 promising also. Carlton struggling to string possessions together, but the conditions are poor.

Geez looks like nothing is happening in the derby in the second quarter.

Nicnat kneed Sandi in the back while taking a mark. That's not fun.

One question I'm very, very interested in is will Ross stick around? He just signed a 5 year deal! And it's becoming quite doubtful that Freo won't slide hard. What does Ross do?

Freo's season is basically over. They have Norf at Etihad next week which could send them 0-4.

They're cooked. They should at least notch up a win in round five against Carlton - but if they don't, things will get very ugly.

One question I'm very, very interested in is will Ross stick around? He just signed a 5 year deal! And it's becoming quite doubtful that Freo won't slide hard. What does Ross do?

Richmond Sign Ross Lyon for Record Decade-Long Deal.

Relieved to hear they're getting a large dose of disapproval from surrounding crowd members, hopefully next time they try it the result will be much more physical.

Not sure we really want scuffles, fights, and general violence in the crowd. Denying them a voice or an influence more effective than the physical confrontation they probably want anyway.

Melbourne gonna Melbourne.

And here I was thinking there'd be no worse trial this season than being an Essendon fan...

Holy shit now North gonna North.

Is the wind blowing furiously towards one goal or something?

Back
Top Bottom