The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was too busy being in awe of the fact we thrashed the premiership favourites by 56 points!

The Freo women's team would have a better chance. Watching these guys try to string together more than a couple of competent passes is torture.

Remember when Freo had a formidable back line...what was that, less than two years ago? What the fuck happened?

Last edited:
Ross Lyon is what happened. Great call there, Freo. Seems his modus operandi is to take teams painfully close to glory and then hollow them out.

The Freo women's team would have a better chance. Watching these guys try to string together more than a couple of competent passes is torture.

Remember when Freo had a formidable back line...what was that, less than two years ago? What the fuck happened?

McPharlin retired and I can't believe Zac Dawson managed to last this long on an AFL list.

I can't believe 'Dangerwatch' is actually a thing now. That's something you'd make up as a joke to mock the football media's cultlike adoration of him, not something that should actually be real.

R1RdxvO.png

Wasn't there a Gazza Watch thing a few years ago too? Who the fuck watches these things.

Yeah, Fyfe took 5 minutes to notice he was even there before pushing him. :lol:

Staggering example of umpire cheating in today's game. As plain as you'll ever see.

Sure Vlad.

Don't tell me Hawthorn are going to choke up another game?

Waiting for text from my rabid Hawthorn-supporting mate saying that the Hawks are this year's Freo.

Sure Vlad.

Don't tell me Hawthorn are going to choke up another game?

Puopolo gets tackled in front of goal, has it for a long time, yet called in the back? Bloody hell, Ax, even the bloody commentators said it was the worst umpiring decision they'd ever seen!

Free kick count 21-11 and the AFL dared to let Nicholls umpire this game.

Thank god we were too good in the second half. :)

I mean this in the most sincere way possible, without any hyperbole, it was a diabolical free kick.

It's an appalling call. I just don't know why you always assume conspiracy rather than mistake.

Because lopsided and poor umpiring in close Hawthorn home games are the norm rather than the exception.

I don't think there's necessarily a conspiracy, but favourable - unconscious biases? Sure. If there's a better way to explain these trends I'm all ears.

I call bullshit on that. You never hear from these people when the free kick count is stable or goes the other way.

I think they all balance out in the end.

The Puopolo decision was atrocious, and 21-11 is slanted, but there'll be games this year where it's 10 in favour of the Crows.

It's the reason why I never found the "free kick Hawthorn" meme remotely funny. It wasn't funny when it became free kick Sydney and it isn't funny now it's become free kick Bulldogs.

I think we can all (well not Ali) agree that watching Hawthorn lose is superb though.

Back
Top Bottom