The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I'm not sure what there really is to comment on. It was a bad move that got punished.

Wow, Brisbane really stuck with Hawthorn right up until early in the fourth... and then got completely demolished.

Hawthorn are coasting on playing about one half of good football for much of this year, I think.

Adelaide starting better than I expected against GWS.

And fucking hell, epic lulz at Freo.

Eddie kicked goal of the year again from the same pocket he won last year's from.

That was a fucking amazing goal.

I really didn't expect GWS to lose. They've become a very good team but after Adelaide ran straight over the top of them in the third quarter the final scoreline is a bit flattering really.

The only way I'd thought we'd win is 1) assumption that GWS are afraid of big crowds and 2) they were overdue for a loss so they had to stop at sometime. Turns out we beat them all over the ground.

I'm shocked that we're up by 3 goals at any point in this game, let alone at halftime.

Hopefully we handle our lead more gracefully than Brisbane did last night.

How disappointing would it be if the guy reading Titus O'Riley's writing on Channel 7 was actually the guy behind Titus O'Riley.

Carlton are still in front? Why do the footy gods hate truth and righteousness?

We have been forsaken, people.

Missed opportunity to go up a bit in that last minute, but otherwise a successful quarter against a top side.

Bolton has really turned this team around. It's a shame we spent the first month of the season playing like shit.

Ironically I think the live coverage of AFL in New Zealand is now superior to that in Melbourne.

This is a pretty intriguing turn of events. I think the top 8 is set for the moment but Carlton have a big shot of finishing 9th/10th and potentially giving more top teams headaches.

On the other hand, Geelong probably out of 'premiership favourite' contention for a while now.

Glad I got my stream situation worked out in time to watch the last 7 minutes in great quality. Not particularly eventful, but the pressure we put on was impressive.

Definitely the best win of the year so far. It's a real confidence booster for a team no one had any hope for.

Now I hope the Doggies can take care of business and move us up the ladder a bit.

Last edited:
The final quarter of Dogs vs Pies is turning into a cracker. Carn the Doggies!

Dogs are one of the more detestable teams in the competition. Pies much more sympathetic in comparison.

You don't think Beveridge is a whinger? And that the Dogs have an issue with diving and ducking for free kicks?

Collingwood, despite being Collingwood, are fairly inoffensive this year. And of course you'd have more sympathy towards a side who lead up until they have no fit players on the bench.

Loved seeing the Dogs bury Collingwood in the second half of the 4th with great pressure. Absolute lockdown defense.

The rest of the match was pretty scrappy, like a slightly more watchable version of the Blues/Bombers match from a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom