The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hyper: Real composure from our men today.

1.25 quarters of really exciting footy, the rest was barely watchable.

Damnit. That was one of the few games this year that we're going to have a realistic chance to win, and that lapse in the fourth that led to the goal flurry cost us.

Well, that and Daniher not taking his early chances. I also felt Stokes' miss when we had the opportunity to go in front early in the fourth hurt the momentum.

In better news with some brave tipping I've moved to equal third at work, two points behind. Tigs were the only team that cost me this weekend.

Credit to Carlton for taking their chances. Three in a row. Trav reportedly elated.

Hahaha fuck Collingwood are awful.

At least my team has an excuse.

Feels like we're constantly playing with a handicap in blockbuster games in Melbourne.

Turns out that one Troy Pannell gave out 17 free kicks to the Bulldogs himself, with only one to Adelaide. Also vision of him patting Stringer's arse after a mark in their forward 50, and rumours of him being a Dogs supporter. He's umpired Dogs games where there were fairly similar free kick discrepancies.

This should be investigated by the AFL if they want to assume some sort of credibility.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with recruiting mature-age players. Hawthorn have exemplified how recruiting mature-age players can reap massive results.

We recruited some of these players for list depth, which I think is reasonable. Hampson, Stephenson, Thomas, Hunt and Knights fit this mould. Knights career was cruelly ruined by injury, had high hopes for him.

Some have been quite successful, Grigg, Miles and Houli.

I think the problem at Richmond lies with our game plan. We have a terrific spine of players there. Highly dependable role-players (Deledio, Edwards, Maric, Vlaustin) and some genuine superstars (Rance, Martin). But when we get the ball, we have no sense of purpose. It's a random cavalcade of trying to work the ball forward, but no one knows where they fit in to the game plan so it just gets eventually turned over somewhere between the 50-metre lines.

I personally think Hardwick's time is up. He's proven himself as a ground-up list builder, but not a match-day tactician or appears capable of instilling composure into the team when it counts.

Our list is pushing on, I'd be curious to see if Ross Lyon could work some magic into this side within a maximum three-year contract. We've finished 5th twice in the past few seasons and we've normally beaten the elite Hawthorn, Fremantle and Sydney sides of the past few years. I just want to see us make a grand final.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

I think Ross might be in for the long haul this time, I'm not sure he'll try that stunt again.

Nat Fyfe is out for the season, because the footy gods hate Freo.

Damnit Vlad where were you when I tipped the Crows to talk me out of it!

This is the most genuinely angry I've been about this football side for a long time. We've made absolutely no progress. It's just the same rubbish. I've seen this type of result play out dozens of times over the last decade.

So is Dangerfield's obsession with his little cult village and the AFL media with him. Fuck that smarmy shit.

Did the crowd keep booing him? They seemed reasonably vocal in the few minutes I saw before heading out.

Though that radio stunt negative welcome he got at the airport was rather lame.

That was by an interstate Triple M station, Riccuito said Adelaide's Triple M was not involved in the stunt.

Wow I expected Brisbane vs Collingwood to be tight and for Sydney vs Richmond to be lopsided. I was completely wrong. This Tiges game is a classic.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT ENDING.

With twenty seconds to go I thought Richmond were done, that it was a valiant effort but ultimately another example of them selling false hope to their fans. Fuck, even when Lloyd (what a good footy last name that is) lined up I thought it was still false hope.

Absolutely one of the best games of the year, maybe the best so far. You couldn't script a game like that. So many unbelievable twists and turns.

I suspect we won't keep our win streak going tonight.

The fact that I'm not entirely certain confirms this is our best season in a while.

Yeah, it's weird that I'm actually questioning my decision to tip Port. Now there's a team who need to hurry up and deliver.

...oh. Oh.

I'd say "let's all laugh at Port" but Carlton winning is always a sour taste in the mouth.

I was out at the bar watching non-AFL sports and missed it.

This team is legit. Not an 8 contender, but they're really jelling.

Back
Top Bottom