The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure

Old 04-17-2016, 02:34 AM   #61
A childless dog

Local Time: 04:25 PM
Great day of footy so far. Hope Melbourne holds on.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:36 AM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Jack Watts with 4 goals to 1/2 time.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:37 AM   #63
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:25 AM
I'm confused by the sight of Cloke kicking a couple of goals.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 03:31 AM   #64
Vocal parasite

North appear to be Northing to Freo right now.

And holy shit I think the Dees will actually do this.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-17-2016, 03:52 AM   #65
Vocal parasite

Let's all laugh at Collingwood.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-18-2016, 02:30 AM   #66
45:33

Here's Jonathan Brown confirming everything you've ever thought about him

“I’m not sure, I don’t know Cotch that well but Cotch would have died, when he walked down to the newsagency the next day to grab the Herald Sun,” Brown told Nova 100.

Brooke Cotchin posted a supportive message on her Instagram account after Richmond’s heavy loss to West Coast and then agreed to an exclusive interview with the Sunday Herald Sun after the social media post gained traction.

“Expressing your feelings, you can understand but ... it’s the perception, obviously Richmond are going through a tough time, we just want to be big boys, we want to be men and it’s a man game.”

Brown said it was a “no-go zone” for his wife Kylie to make comments publicly during his decorated career at the Brisbane Lions.

“We get great support from our partners and our loved ones, they are there to support you at home, through the tough times, which is great, they do a fantastic job the girls, but they need to stay out of it publicly,” Brown said.

“This was a no-go zone from my wife Kylie, certainly I never had to muzzle her ... she would never have spoken publicly about it.”

Brown said the comments only perpetuate a perception Richmond has a “soft underbelly”.

“You know what, if Luke Hodge’s partner Loz did the same thing, after Hodgey broke his arm a couple of weeks ago, they had a bad loss against Geelong, you know what it would be a non-story because Luke Hodge and the Hawthorn Football Club has performed under pressure and in finals and won premierships, but it’s this perception, Richmond has a soft underbelly, sometimes from the leaders, when these sort of stories come out it just perpetuates the perception.”
Old 04-18-2016, 02:37 AM   #67
Blue Crack Addict

"we just want to be big boys, we want to be men and it's a man game."

Jono feels like he needs to confirm several times that he is indeed a man. :'(
Old 04-18-2016, 03:48 AM   #68
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
"... they do a fantastic job the girls, but they need to stay out of it publicly,” Brown said.
Is this a quote from the debates in the 1890s about whether or not to give women the vote?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-19-2016, 03:25 AM   #69
Vocal parasite

I've already complained about this on Facebook and Twitter, but: the AFL's abolished grand final replays.

Yep, let's just get rid of the sport's distinctive qualities. Replace the centre bounce with a kick-off. Get rid of the behind posts and find a crossbar. Nobody plays on oval fields. Any football code worth its salt has an offside rule. That also means no forward passes. Eliminate interchanges altogether and use proper substitutes. And maybe have three less guys on field at any one time.

Then the AFL can be the feeder competition for the Wallabies!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-19-2016, 03:47 AM   #70

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to AFL but I think GF (and finals) replays are anachronistic. The only reason I liked the replay in 2010 was another day to get pissed and watch the footy, really. The game was awful; you can hardly say the replay was worth it looking back.

I am however shocked that they considered dropping draws in the regular season. Fuck that.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:20 AM   #71
Vocal parasite

Replays of other finals had to go simply for the scheduling difficulties they created. I'm not opposed to that.

But grand final replays mean Christmas comes a second time, and we can hardly use the poor quality of footy in the 2010 replay as a good reason to eliminate it or we'd eliminate half the games played each week.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-19-2016, 04:23 AM   #72

The players and coaches don't want it. The task of getting a team up for a grand final a second time is Herculean.

I'll never forget Maxwell in the aftermath of that draw. His disgust was palpable.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:44 AM   #73
Vocal parasite

Meh. Not like you to argue against an extra week of footy!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-22-2016, 07:59 AM   #74
Vocal parasite

What a fucking cracker of a game we've got tonight.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-22-2016, 08:36 AM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

Every time you see umpire Nicholls listed for a big game involving Hawthorn, you already know the end result.

6 goals to 1 from free kicks in Hawthorn's favour.

We're never going to beat Hawthorn any time soon.