The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure

Old 08-27-2016, 03:04 AM   #616
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:08 PM
What an utter shitshow of a season.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:05 AM   #617
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:38 PM
Hahaha oh Richmond.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:09 AM   #618
Vocal parasite

Geez how bad are North. Not even faintly worthy of the finals. Whoever finishes fifth is already through to the second week.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #619
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:08 PM
We'll find a way to lose to North.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:27 PM   #620
Blue Crack Addict

If any club is going to benefit from the bye, it's probably North. But gee they are woeful. Brad Scott might be next to go.

Does anyone know if Richmond's plane has made it to Sydney yet?
Old 08-28-2016, 05:10 AM   #621
Vocal parasite

Damnit, St Kilda didn't win by enough to knock Brisbane down into last. Oh well, let's hope the Bombers at least get the first draft pick rather than some bullshit priority pick for the Lions.

Today's game between Hawthorn and Collingwood was, speaking as a neutral, an absolute thriller. That last quarter was riveting.

And wait what Freo beat the Dogs?! Oh dear.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-28-2016, 06:50 AM   #622
Blue Crack Addict

At the game today, never seen so much relief on Hawthorn supporters faces. I thought we might have pinched it when Treloar got that goal, but then bam, straight out of the middle + goal for Hawks.

Positive signs for next year? Or just proof we wasted 2016...who knows. I'll take a 1 point loss over a 113 point loss in a game that meant nothing for one team.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:23 AM   #623
45:33

Man I was away all weekend, and whilst what I was doing was extremely fulfilling I was very upset to miss a crucial weekend of footy. Can't believe the Eagles won, which then set up a weekend that was open until Sunday arvo. Vlad's fair in this case, an uncharacteristically poor performance from them when SO much was on the line - win and (history says) they make a prelim; now they face an away trip to Sydney's Western suburbs against a team that will have a lot of fight.

North have been supremely disappointing since the halfway mark, all is not well (the Harvey sacking), BUT, Melbourne proved they're nowhere near good enough to play finals. St Kilda and Port would put up a fight vs Adelaide. Who knows. Maybe North will show up.

West Coast/Dogs I fear will be a blowout, which is unfair. The Dogs are electrifying at their best, but they've had a rough injury run. You can't blame that, but I trust that they've got the list to be contenders for at least another three or four years.

Shattered I miss Pies/Hawks. One fucking point Collingwood one fucking point and we could have had it all.

Geelong/Hawthorn makes me physically fucking ill. And just to make it 10 times worse there's a fucking bye this weekend. Who's fuck-arsed idea was that. The one solace is the women's game will get its biggest recognition ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I fully expect Vlad aged ninety to still be ragging on the Crows for doing something badly "just like the Sanderson years".

The best part will be if a Sanderson Jr is coach at some point during the next seven decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Well, say what you will about this year for Essendon, a convincing victory over Carlton means it wasn't all bad! And by god did we expose how terrible Carlton's forward line is. They didn't go without their opportunities, that's for sure.

Now Essendon are just 0.5% behind Brisbane, so if the Saints get the victory everybody expects them to get tomorrow, it will be the Lions rather than the Bombers who win the wooden spoon. For pride I'd rather not come last, but there is that first draft pick to worry about ...
Cannot remotely understand this thinking. You had the perfect weekend! Stirring win in the final game over a long-time rival AND you got the number one pick. Literally couldn't have worked out any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
If any club is going to benefit from the bye, it's probably North. But gee they are woeful. Brad Scott might be next to go.
No way Brad Scott is going anywhere after sacking four players..! (Seriously, that would be idiotic)
Old 08-28-2016, 07:29 AM   #624
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Cannot remotely understand this thinking. You had the perfect weekend! Stirring win in the final game over a long-time rival AND you got the number one pick. Literally couldn't have worked out any better.
Nobody wants the wooden spoon, first pick or no first pick.

And it'll probably be no first pick, because you know the AFL will give Brisbane priority. They do have a legitimate argument that we're about to get back a fair amount of talent and they're not.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-28-2016, 07:40 AM   #625

There is absolutely no grounds whatsoever for priority in my opinion. If anything if you finished 17th you'd be more likely to get it given the sanctions. (Also not all of them will come back; and those who do might take a while to warm up.)

ANYWAY! WE HAVE OUR FIRST WEEK OF FINALS.

Thursday September 8, 6.10pm at Domain Stadium
Second elimination final - West Coast v Western Bulldogs

Friday September 9, 7.50pm at the MCG
Second qualifying final - Geelong v Hawthorn

Saturday September 10, 3.20pm at ANZ Stadium
First qualifying final - Sydney Swans v Greater Western Sydney

Saturday September 10, 7.10pm at Adelaide Oval
First elimination final - Adelaide v North Melbourne

AND I'M IN FKN FRANCE.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:56 AM   #626
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Ugh.. Really not a fan of Thursday night footy.

Adelaide were my preferred team for the premiership (after the Dogs and North, who would need to hit some miraculous form) but their choke on Friday night has massively deceased their chances.

Sydney look like the team to beat - I could do without seeing Geelong win another.

Have fun in France, CoBBler..

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin
Old 08-28-2016, 08:00 AM   #627
Vocal parasite

Quote:
There is absolutely no grounds whatsoever for priority in my opinion. If anything if you finished 17th you'd be more likely to get it given the sanctions. (Also not all of them will come back; and those who do might take a while to warm up.)
We've already secured the return of nine of the twelve. Hibberd's requested a trade, and two are undecided - Jobe, who of course I'd hope to retain, and Tayte Pears, who probably wouldn't be in our best 22 anyway!

But yeah I doubt they'll be at match fitness from the get-go, which makes me wonder why on earth the club has sought a blockbuster match for round one.

Quote:
ANYWAY! WE HAVE OUR FIRST WEEK OF FINALS.

Thursday September 8, 6.10pm at Domain Stadium
Second elimination final - West Coast v Western Bulldogs

Friday September 9, 7.50pm at the MCG
Second qualifying final - Geelong v Hawthorn

Saturday September 10, 3.20pm at ANZ Stadium
First qualifying final - Sydney Swans v Greater Western Sydney

Saturday September 10, 7.10pm at Adelaide Oval
First elimination final - Adelaide v North Melbourne

AND I'M IN FKN FRANCE.
A Thursday final? Huh.

I'll miss the Adelaide vs North game thanks to a gig but that's no big loss.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-28-2016, 09:36 PM   #628

Someone tell me about Zach Merrett. I didn't even know who he played for. Everyone up in arms that he's missed the shortlist for All-Australian.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:27 PM   #629

Leppitsch sacked.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:08 AM   #630
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Leppitsch sacked.

Not before time.

All of the top seven won more games this year than he did in his entire time as head coach: 14 games in 3 years.

Gig pictures | Blog