The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lmao @ Port kicking it backwards into their 50 only for it to be a shank and roll right in front of a Geelong player in the goal square. :lol:

Carlton leading Freo by a point at half time at Domain Stadium ... can it really happen.

It certainly can, but I can't see us playing well enough through the 4th.

Maybe if we build up a massive lead in the 3rd.

Last edited:
I dislike Carlton so much that I actually don't want an upset.

I'm with you on this. Fuck me Freo, how do you fucking blow this at home?

Hey Ross, might want to check if any WAFL or VFL teams are hiring...

Didn't actually expect this Melbourne vs Richmond game to be as enjoyable as it is.

Do Richmond just not like winning or something? They keep surging and you think they might get in front, and then they let Melbourne score a couple of goals and end up well off the pace again.

Amazing that Fremantle lost to Carlton at home. Jesus. Ross Lyon's post-game presser was great. And Fyfe has broken a leg. Wow. Glad for Melbourne too.

Loving the Pies today, this is what I thought Essendon would be like all year.

The Roos keep on rolling but still don't seem like a contender. Admittedly the quality of some of their opposition hasn't been great so far, but with StK, Carlton and Essendon in the three weeks ahead - they could be 9-0..

Should we really be that surprised? They've made the past two Prelims.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

I am a little surprised because I expected North, with their aging list, to maybe start falling off this year rather than get better. I guess they realise their premiership window is probably closing and it's now or never for much of their list. I'm also disappointed the Dogs didn't get over the line last night given how exciting some of their young talent is.

It's quite incredible that Jarrad Waite is finally living up to his (obvious) potential at the age of 32/33, whereas in the past he'd play a couple good games then either get suspended or injured.

I can't see them winning the flag, but I wouldn't be upset if they did/went close. Good team to watch. Wish last night's game had been better.

"Well they say most mathematicians did their best work before 30. Well Waite's 33 and he's in the best form of his life Dennis!" was a real thing that was said.

Freo are hilariously shit. 2.12? Has Ross decided behinds win games?

I can't see them winning the flag, but I wouldn't be upset if they did/went close. Good team to watch. Wish last night's game had been better.

"Well they say most mathematicians did their best work before 30. Well Waite's 33 and he's in the best form of his life Dennis!" was a real thing that was said.

Haha, yeah I heard that mathematician comment and was a little perplexed... Bruce is terrible these days, should have been sacked years ago. It's a shame because he can be a true professional, but the current Seven Network's patronising approach to broadcasting has rotted him.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Melbourne did that thing again where they convinced everyone they were good then they lost to St. Kilda by 40 points. Just noticed Hogan kicked 7 though.

Also, GWS seem to be doing another thing. Though it was really about time, Hawthorn should have lost the last 3.

They'll be back, and I would be extremely surprised if they don't make the grand final, but it's making for a much more interesting season.

I'm a bit frightened of the Giants now, assuming they don't peter out like they did last year.

Who cares, I'm 4/4 so far. Tipped the Saints and GWS.

My tips look shocking this week. I thought the Dogs a good chance, figured Melbourne were a bit better than St Kilda, and assumed Hawthorn can escape from any scare.

But GWS are looking the real deal. Should have enough time and experience into their kids to avoid fading later in the season too. But I suppose a few injuries could make them vulnerable. They probably don't quite have the depth of the best teams.

Back
Top Bottom