The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm confused by the sight of Cloke kicking a couple of goals.

North appear to be Northing to Freo right now.

And holy shit I think the Dees will actually do this.

Here's Jonathan Brown confirming everything you've ever thought about him

“I’m not sure, I don’t know Cotch that well but Cotch would have died, when he walked down to the newsagency the next day to grab the Herald Sun,” Brown told Nova 100.

Brooke Cotchin posted a supportive message on her Instagram account after Richmond’s heavy loss to West Coast and then agreed to an exclusive interview with the Sunday Herald Sun after the social media post gained traction.

“Expressing your feelings, you can understand but ... it’s the perception, obviously Richmond are going through a tough time, we just want to be big boys, we want to be men and it’s a man game.”

Brown said it was a “no-go zone” for his wife Kylie to make comments publicly during his decorated career at the Brisbane Lions.

“We get great support from our partners and our loved ones, they are there to support you at home, through the tough times, which is great, they do a fantastic job the girls, but they need to stay out of it publicly,” Brown said.

“This was a no-go zone from my wife Kylie, certainly I never had to muzzle her ... she would never have spoken publicly about it.”

Brown said the comments only perpetuate a perception Richmond has a “soft underbelly”.

“You know what, if Luke Hodge’s partner Loz did the same thing, after Hodgey broke his arm a couple of weeks ago, they had a bad loss against Geelong, you know what it would be a non-story because Luke Hodge and the Hawthorn Football Club has performed under pressure and in finals and won premierships, but it’s this perception, Richmond has a soft underbelly, sometimes from the leaders, when these sort of stories come out it just perpetuates the perception.”

"we just want to be big boys, we want to be men and it's a man game."

Jono feels like he needs to confirm several times that he is indeed a man. :'(

"... they do a fantastic job the girls, but they need to stay out of it publicly,” Brown said.

Is this a quote from the debates in the 1890s about whether or not to give women the vote?

I've already complained about this on Facebook and Twitter, but: the AFL's abolished grand final replays.

Yep, let's just get rid of the sport's distinctive qualities. Replace the centre bounce with a kick-off. Get rid of the behind posts and find a crossbar. Nobody plays on oval fields. Any football code worth its salt has an offside rule. That also means no forward passes. Eliminate interchanges altogether and use proper substitutes. And maybe have three less guys on field at any one time.

Then the AFL can be the feeder competition for the Wallabies! :happy:

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to AFL but I think GF (and finals) replays are anachronistic. The only reason I liked the replay in 2010 was another day to get pissed and watch the footy, really. The game was awful; you can hardly say the replay was worth it looking back.

I am however shocked that they considered dropping draws in the regular season. Fuck that.

Replays of other finals had to go simply for the scheduling difficulties they created. I'm not opposed to that.

But grand final replays mean Christmas comes a second time, and we can hardly use the poor quality of footy in the 2010 replay as a good reason to eliminate it or we'd eliminate half the games played each week.

The players and coaches don't want it. The task of getting a team up for a grand final a second time is Herculean.

I'll never forget Maxwell in the aftermath of that draw. His disgust was palpable.

Meh. Not like you to argue against an extra week of footy!

Every time you see umpire Nicholls listed for a big game involving Hawthorn, you already know the end result.

6 goals to 1 from free kicks in Hawthorn's favour.

We're never going to beat Hawthorn any time soon.

Last edited:
Holy fucking shit, that was an all time great game. Absolute thriller. Even as a neutral I could barely watch those last few minutes.

I do love seeing Taylor Walker looking shattered. I know all you Adelaide fans adore him, but god he comes across to me as the worst of football boganity.

Ahahahaha apparently Cloke has been dropped for Anzac Day.

Wish I could earn a cool million dollarydoos to play the VFL.

Still livid. Sad how predictable this, we better make up for it by thrashing Freo next week, I swear to god.

Vlad, do you use a bot now? Because your posts are that predictable. :tongue:

We just need Cobbler to slag you off, Vlad, and we'll have completed the holy Interference footy trinity of reactions.

Being slagged off by the might of Cobbler is truly the pinnacle of The Interference Experience. Can't wait.

If you really do make posts like this just to get a rise out of me that's pretty cunty. Adelaide are looking very good and Hawthorn suddenly vulnerable. I was shattered about last night's result in what was a great game of football - I was super annoyed that neither of my housemates were interested in watching it so I missed the vast majority of it. Footy is really great this year.

If you really do make posts like this just to get a rise out of me that's pretty cunty. Adelaide are looking very good and Hawthorn suddenly vulnerable. I was shattered about last night's result in what was a great game of football - I was super annoyed that neither of my housemates were interested in watching it so I missed the vast majority of it. Footy is really great this year.

Nah, was just a jokey reaction to Ax's previous post.

I'm disappointed Cloke has been dropped for Anzac Day. Essendon really needed him to be on the park.

I'll never forget when they got the Farriss brothers to wave the Port scarves on Adelaide Oval with Kochie early last year, and they didn't have enough self awareness to realise the ball was bounced whilst they hadn't gone off the field. :lol:

BT's losing it at this QT melee! :laugh:

Oh man that was vintage BT. This game is getting him hard.

Also it's hilarious listening to the Port fans booing Dangerfield considering how much they laughed at Adelaide when he left.

Back
Top Bottom