The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BT stoked having to interview Stringer after he did virtually nothing for most of the game.

'Scray!!!!

This is probably the one season where 7th-placed deserves to take out the flag, given the close competitiveness between the top 7 teams. Fully deserved premiership, no questions asked.

Exhilarating match and a deeply satisfying result :D

Johannesson was prolific, but wouldn't have been my choice for Norm Smith. Too many turnovers. I thought that Boyd's contested grabs in the second half were match-winning. And Bontempelli didn't rack up heaps of touches, but had a 90% efficiency rate, which was telling in the second half.

Full credit to Kennedy for a great performance for the losing side, but Sydney are now on the brink of going down as underachievers. They'll have a plenty more years of contention left in them, and probably should be favourites for 2017, but this was a premiership that they feel they should have won.

Beveridge, what a likeable mastermind he is. Met him briefly after an A-League match last summer and he is so approachable. If I ever get to speak to him again, I will thank him for making the 2017 footy season so very memorable.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

So Boyd is on Buddyesquè money and is first to deliver a flag. Wonder if they will leave him alone now?

That was intense all the way through, what a great Grand Final after the last two have been real stinkers, last year especially as it was over at quarter time.

Still can't believe the Dogs won. Oh and Luke Beveridge and Bob Murphy...real tears. An unbelievable day of Footy! :heart:

I cannot even believe what we've witnessed. The Doggies always felt like the real deal this year, but that injury had stolen their opportunities. This sort of success seemed unimaginable in the last round of the regular season, and even as the pieces began falling into place during September, we know how often sporting fairytales don't make it to a happy ending in the final chapter.

But this was incredible, one of the all time great games with one of the all time great results. Bevo giving Murphy his medal will be forever remembered as one of the single most feel-good moments of Australian sporting history. Murphy is the 'Scray.

Oh geez. I've never enjoyed sport as much as I have in the last eighteen months. So many results that have made me emotional. But until today they all involved one of my teams - the Black Caps, the All Blacks, the Wellington Hurricanes. Yet this felt exactly the same. Something came over Melbourne this week, this crazy union behind the Doggies. What a perfect example of how sport brings people together and transforms a simple game into true joy and euphoria.

Now I'm going to go watch Bevo give Murphy his medal again and pretend my eyes are dry.

And are you guys checking out Franco Cozzo's Facebook page?! This is the best.

I'm still a bit speechless about it all. From my own behalf, jetlag made me sleep in til 2:30pm, I woke up just in time for the first bounce, and my anxiety is running high at the moment so really not feeling myself, so that's clouded things a bit. But man, it feels like this result belongs to the game as well as the Bulldogs. I am genuinely happy we didn't win last week, the Bulldogs win means so much more.

Beveridge... man. No words.

You know what I hate? People who masturbate over trade week. The dust hasn't even begun to settle on the grand final and fucking trade radio has started already.

Seriously, let's just keep basking in the grand final for a bit longer. This result is so damn heartwarming.

And hahahaha The Age accidentally published an ad from Victoria University commiserating with the Dogs for their "loss".

AFL fans suggest Eddie McGuire sit out the next two decades.

The Trade Radio segment with Damian Barrett and Terry ""The List Manager"" Wallace is one of the saddest shows I've ever known. Where do you start?

He's generally a pretty sensible person, but other than that, dull as hell. He also has not grasped the Sliding Doors concept in that AFL.com.au segment in the entire year he's been doing it.

But still. TERRY WALLACE. AS AN EXPERT ON LIST MANAGEMENT! And Barrett just keeps on blowing smoke up the wheezy old bloke's arse!

I don't get how trade radio is a thing. How is there anything to talk about yet?

It's just interviews with potential draftees/player managers/club officials + inane discussion spread over a working day.

Seriously it sounds really fucking boring. Wake me when there are actual deals, or good rumours at the least.

I was disappointed that we sacked Williams.

Good for him - I have a lot of time for Choco. It's easy to forget how good that Port Power team was back in the early half of the 00's with Brisbane clinically picking up most of the silverware on offer. He has (had) been instrumental in keeping Martin on some sort of straight and narrow.

Drove through 'Scray yesterday for the first time since they won the Gran' Final.... I hope the blue, white and red adorns the city for the rest of the summer, but I was a little disappointed that the colours weren't as prominently everywhere as I imagined they might've been.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

How have none of us posted this yet? I've been watching it daily for a giggle:

Back
Top Bottom