The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would be a good fit for the Dogs, especially if he can somehow find his form/confidence from 2009-11. Heck, if North aren't going to bottom out completely he could work there.

Not sure he will be any benefit for Richmond. He'll be under as much pressure as he was at Collingwood.

If I were Collingwood I'd arrange to trade Cloke to, say, Sandringham or Port Melbourne.

Maybe even the Southport Sharks.

John Butcher finally delisted by Port at the age of 25. In a way, a pretty sad career.

Last edited:
Sacking Leppitsch makes sense, he never really developed Brisbane into a competitive side and some of their losses this year were pitiful. Always seemed like a nice guy though.

Was he the worst coach of the season though? Fremantle and Richmond went well and truly backwards this season, and there isn't really an excuse for either side. Surely Hardwick and Lyon need to have their positions rigorously reassessed.

It's hard being a Richmond fan when your team is strongly considering signing Cloke, while other teams are chasing the signature of the finest first-year player in AFL history, O'Meara.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

He was absolutely the worst coach of the season. Freo's year will prove to be an aberration in my view. Like Geelong 06, Adelaide 13. They lost Fyfe, Pav is past it. I don't think Lyon is going to be the one to turn them back into a force, but I could see them making 5-8 next year. Richmond going backwards? I think had not been so shit in their past three finals series it wouldn't be viewed that way. I think each finals appearance gave fans false hope "okay, we're not quite there yet, but next year" when it was more like... if another team had had those opportunities they would have gotten to a prelim or close loss in a semi at least. Again I don't think Hardwick will be the next Tigers premiership coach but I think the problem is with the players, not him.

Leppitsch had an abysmal win-loss record and whenever started going wrong sought to blame everyone but himself. The board's a complete mess, half the players don't want to be there, they're in all sorts.

Probably the best option for him, taking into account quality of team and their relatively weak forward line.

I will eat my hat if the Legends game is ever scheduled on a night when I can actually watch it.

Looking forward to the women's game tomorrow.

So how about last night's women's game? Some fantastic skills on display. I was backing the Dogs and it was great how they pulled away in the third. Really looking forward to the full competition next year.

But oh my god I know who won't be looking forward to it! I watched the game with some friends at the Cornish Arms. You know, the vegan-friendly pub on Sydney Road with a big rainbow flag by the bar. I expect a certain clientele. Well! There was this fat old guy in a Collingwood cap wandering around the bar trying to chat up random women, and when the game came on he just lost his mind. He demanded to know what this shit was, who was playing, why we'd be watching if we didn't know who all the players were, why the bar wouldn't put the NRL on instead, it was embarrassing. He was there with a couple of mates who were watching it and he couldn't even face it, had to turn his back on it. We were pretty much speechless.

One of my friends teaches a course on contemporary Australian culture and she was saying that most of the course is a bit depressing because every year when she updates it, nothing seems to get better - the weeks on racism, sexism, and asylum seekers if anything have got bleaker since she began. But she was saying the increasing popularity and incremental professionalisation of women's sport is one of the bright spots she can point out. And then along came this bloke, giving her a wealth of "field observations" for the lecture if nothing else. :|

Hard to envisage. I've seen a lot of comments online to go with some things some friends have said. I can understand not being into it, but I can't understand how men are actively angry about it. How pathetic.

How about these Dogs so far! God I would love an upset tonight.

Pretty much one of the best results. I love these Dogs.

Wish they could've done it to Sydney though. Fuck Sydney.

What a game HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I was without a doubt that Hawthorn were going to pull one of their 3-point victories out of the bag, especially when Isaac Smith was the one to line up after the siren. I was utterly certain that was going through. Still cannot believe it missed.

Fucking legendary finish. Doubt we will see a more exciting one this finals series.

Back
Top Bottom