The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Four in one hit - a bit full on. I thought that they all had something to offer.

I disagree with Harvey being delisted. Still very much a contributor - thought he had at least two seasons left after this.

Two prelims in a row is a good achievement but North will surely fail to match that this season. So they've gone backwards. Heads tend to roll when this happens and roll they have...

...unless you're Richmond, who have re-signed Hampson, Houli, Grigg and will not be sacking Hardwick despite going even further backwards than North.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

O'Meara officially gone. The GC media release was cracking though, very good.

Breaking: Gold Coast mad that player wants out of shitty Gold Coast club and city culture.

Utterly ashamed of this performance. It's the same old Crows all the time.

It's a massive choke by the Crows. How important might Sloane be to them?

The season has been turned on it's head again.

Sloane should have never been given more than a fine, but the lack of effort in a big game is what gets me. No interest in fighting for that spot, just like the Sanderson years.

I fully expect Vlad aged ninety to still be ragging on the Crows for doing something badly "just like the Sanderson years".

The best part will be if a Sanderson Jr is coach at some point during the next seven decades.

Just sick and tired of this side's underwhelming showings in massive matches over the past decade, that's all. We should have had top 2 locked in, now we'll have a home elimination final.

Well, say what you will about this year for Essendon, a convincing victory over Carlton means it wasn't all bad! And by god did we expose how terrible Carlton's forward line is. They didn't go without their opportunities, that's for sure.

Now Essendon are just 0.5% behind Brisbane, so if the Saints get the victory everybody expects them to get tomorrow, it will be the Lions rather than the Bombers who win the wooden spoon. For pride I'd rather not come last, but there is that first draft pick to worry about ...

Geez how bad are North. Not even faintly worthy of the finals. Whoever finishes fifth is already through to the second week.

If any club is going to benefit from the bye, it's probably North. But gee they are woeful. Brad Scott might be next to go.

Does anyone know if Richmond's plane has made it to Sydney yet?

Damnit, St Kilda didn't win by enough to knock Brisbane down into last. Oh well, let's hope the Bombers at least get the first draft pick rather than some bullshit priority pick for the Lions.

Today's game between Hawthorn and Collingwood was, speaking as a neutral, an absolute thriller. That last quarter was riveting.

And wait what Freo beat the Dogs?! Oh dear.

At the game today, never seen so much relief on Hawthorn supporters faces. I thought we might have pinched it when Treloar got that goal, but then bam, straight out of the middle + goal for Hawks.

Positive signs for next year? Or just proof we wasted 2016...who knows. I'll take a 1 point loss over a 113 point loss in a game that meant nothing for one team.

Man I was away all weekend, and whilst what I was doing was extremely fulfilling I was very upset to miss a crucial weekend of footy. Can't believe the Eagles won, which then set up a weekend that was open until Sunday arvo. Vlad's fair in this case, an uncharacteristically poor performance from them when SO much was on the line - win and (history says) they make a prelim; now they face an away trip to Sydney's Western suburbs against a team that will have a lot of fight.

North have been supremely disappointing since the halfway mark, all is not well (the Harvey sacking), BUT, Melbourne proved they're nowhere near good enough to play finals. St Kilda and Port would put up a fight vs Adelaide. Who knows. Maybe North will show up.

West Coast/Dogs I fear will be a blowout, which is unfair. The Dogs are electrifying at their best, but they've had a rough injury run. You can't blame that, but I trust that they've got the list to be contenders for at least another three or four years.

Shattered I miss Pies/Hawks. One fucking point Collingwood :scream: one fucking point and we could have had it all.

Geelong/Hawthorn makes me physically fucking ill. And just to make it 10 times worse there's a fucking bye this weekend. Who's fuck-arsed idea was that. The one solace is the women's game will get its biggest recognition ever.

I fully expect Vlad aged ninety to still be ragging on the Crows for doing something badly "just like the Sanderson years".

The best part will be if a Sanderson Jr is coach at some point during the next seven decades.

:lol:

Well, say what you will about this year for Essendon, a convincing victory over Carlton means it wasn't all bad! And by god did we expose how terrible Carlton's forward line is. They didn't go without their opportunities, that's for sure.

Now Essendon are just 0.5% behind Brisbane, so if the Saints get the victory everybody expects them to get tomorrow, it will be the Lions rather than the Bombers who win the wooden spoon. For pride I'd rather not come last, but there is that first draft pick to worry about ...

Cannot remotely understand this thinking. You had the perfect weekend! Stirring win in the final game over a long-time rival AND you got the number one pick. Literally couldn't have worked out any better.

If any club is going to benefit from the bye, it's probably North. But gee they are woeful. Brad Scott might be next to go.

No way Brad Scott is going anywhere after sacking four players..! (Seriously, that would be idiotic)

Cannot remotely understand this thinking. You had the perfect weekend! Stirring win in the final game over a long-time rival AND you got the number one pick. Literally couldn't have worked out any better.

Nobody wants the wooden spoon, first pick or no first pick.

And it'll probably be no first pick, because you know the AFL will give Brisbane priority. They do have a legitimate argument that we're about to get back a fair amount of talent and they're not.

There is absolutely no grounds whatsoever for priority in my opinion. If anything if you finished 17th you'd be more likely to get it given the sanctions. (Also not all of them will come back; and those who do might take a while to warm up.)

ANYWAY! WE HAVE OUR FIRST WEEK OF FINALS.

Thursday September 8, 6.10pm at Domain Stadium
Second elimination final - West Coast v Western Bulldogs

Friday September 9, 7.50pm at the MCG
Second qualifying final - Geelong v Hawthorn

Saturday September 10, 3.20pm at ANZ Stadium
First qualifying final - Sydney Swans v Greater Western Sydney

Saturday September 10, 7.10pm at Adelaide Oval
First elimination final - Adelaide v North Melbourne

AND I'M IN FKN FRANCE.

Ugh.. Really not a fan of Thursday night footy.

Adelaide were my preferred team for the premiership (after the Dogs and North, who would need to hit some miraculous form) but their choke on Friday night has massively deceased their chances.

Sydney look like the team to beat - I could do without seeing Geelong win another.

Have fun in France, CoBBler..

There is absolutely no grounds whatsoever for priority in my opinion. If anything if you finished 17th you'd be more likely to get it given the sanctions. (Also not all of them will come back; and those who do might take a while to warm up.)

We've already secured the return of nine of the twelve. Hibberd's requested a trade, and two are undecided - Jobe, who of course I'd hope to retain, and Tayte Pears, who probably wouldn't be in our best 22 anyway!

But yeah I doubt they'll be at match fitness from the get-go, which makes me wonder why on earth the club has sought a blockbuster match for round one.

ANYWAY! WE HAVE OUR FIRST WEEK OF FINALS.

Thursday September 8, 6.10pm at Domain Stadium
Second elimination final - West Coast v Western Bulldogs

Friday September 9, 7.50pm at the MCG
Second qualifying final - Geelong v Hawthorn

Saturday September 10, 3.20pm at ANZ Stadium
First qualifying final - Sydney Swans v Greater Western Sydney

Saturday September 10, 7.10pm at Adelaide Oval
First elimination final - Adelaide v North Melbourne

AND I'M IN FKN FRANCE.

A Thursday final? Huh.

I'll miss the Adelaide vs North game thanks to a gig but that's no big loss.

Someone tell me about Zach Merrett. I didn't even know who he played for. Everyone up in arms that he's missed the shortlist for All-Australian.

Back
Top Bottom