The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't understand why you weren't watching it?! Bledisloe Cup history is certainly one-sided.

I'm at a gig! But I caught a fair chunk of the first half before heading out, when the real damage was done. My boy Beauden Barrett has silenced some of the doubters who didn't think he could perform as well on the world stage as he has in the Super Rugby.

Perhaps Eddie McGuire, high on some more painkiller, got confused and went to the wrong Magpies game.

Imagine that juxtaposition of Kochie 'condemning' this act whilst having Pauline Hanson over on his show on a fairly regular basis ... wonderful.

Vlad, I just stole that for Twitter. Sorry. Very good.

However, to play devil's advocate.... I am not sure if this was an out-and-out racist thing. To me it kinda looks like she just threw the first thing she could get her hands on, which happened to be a banana. Doesn't excuse it in any way and she should absolutely be banned because it's a completely fucked thing to do - AND it may well have had a racist intent, we don't know - but...

Cheers. There have been some Facebook posts shared around by other Port supporters saying that this woman and those around her had been particularly abusive (and in a racist matter). And there's also the thing that racism is not always premeditated, and nobody is thick enough to not make the connection between throwing a banana at an Indigenous/black person.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/por...s/news-story/5bce8d6196190ef9ac2a38261b97a375

Last edited:
I think there are people that thick, sadly.

Again, not a fucking excuse.

And again, there's probably people who know full well of the connection and do it anyway as some sort of political correctness martyr.

Apparently it will be increased to a life ban if found to be racially motivated?

As if that's even a question.

Barring a wild comeback, it looks like we put an end to Melbourne's season.

The talent isn't there yet, but I think we've got a shot at landing somewhere just outside the 8 next year with the right offseason acquisitions. I wouldn't mind us climbing four spots a season.

Bolton's brought some good coaching nous to Carlton. Can he also do something about their horrible recent record of trades?

There we go, Dees are definitively out of the finals race. Saints in theory can make it if they thump Brisbane and GWS destroy North, but in practice that percentage difference is too great.

The banana thrower's father went on radio this morning and made excuses for his daughter for 8 minutes. What a trainwreck.

Went on The Age Twitter and saw the 'actually don't be mean' article, so I figured that was the one you were referring to, because it was an excruciatingly bad take.

Anyway, back to normal proceedings, Sloane gets a week ban for a wayward spoil attempt whilst Lewis gets nothing for punching a West Coast player in the chin. Predictable?

Yep it was. He's a good dude as well. It annoys me that he probably got paid a nice little sum to write that shit because he's doing some social media for them. It's completely lacking in any substance or nuance. Fuck this woman.

In far greater news, Hawthorn can finish seventh. If they lose to Collingwood, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility, all we'd need is West Coast to beat Adelaide (fat fucking chance), GWS to beat North (good chance) and the Bulldogs to beat Freo (great chance).

I'd much rather Hawthorn finish top four/win the flag than fucking Sydney. I hope the results this weekend are such that Adelaide overtake Sydney for the minor premiership.

Fuck Hawthorn. At least Sydney would be a change. If your gripe is to do with Sydney being able to trade in a million good players the Hawks have done the same thing, just not quite as many big names.

(I still maintain, as I have since last year, that it will be Hawks d Swans in the GF. Hawks' best is still the best.)

Oh I don't give a shit who Sydney traded in or out. They could field the entire All Blacks back row and it wouldn't change the fact they're Sydney. Come on man, where's your Melbourne parochialism?

And Sydney won it in 2012. I'd rather see an almost-unprecedented fourth premiership for the Hawks than see the flag travel to the SCG.

Oddly, I'm not vitriolic about GWS yet, I suppose because they remain a sort of underdog, but I'm sure the vitriol will come once they're just another NSW team to hate. Plus I do want the code to gain as much popularity as possible north of the border.

Ohhh I see. Yeah, I don't care too much about Victorian teams winning it, surprisingly, given my love for this state and city. If it's up to me, and Cats can't win it, I would like the Bulldogs or Crows to get it. GWS, no, because they'll soon win about 19 in a row.

Same as Danny. Still team Dogs, but happy if the Crows got up. So long as Hawthorn don't make the GF everything will be ok. (Or if they lost after the siren)

It's going to be interesting if your a team that's around the mark like the Dogs for instance in the coming years. In any other period of time (if they stay fit) they'd be a real crack at a flag, but you just have to look at GWS and see how dominant they may well become.

Oh yeah, if any team from the current top eight could win a flag then I would take the Doggies, no question.

But I really don't have much against Hawthorn. I may end up barracking against them because who can resist an underdog story, but if you gave me a choice between Sydney winning this year and Hawthorn winning the next three, I'd take the latter.

Whoa. North are getting so sick of being called an old team that they've announced that Harvey, Petrie, Firrito and Dal Santo will not play on after this season.

Back
Top Bottom