The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually I thought that was a closer and more exciting game than I would've expected. I predicted Freo would get blown out of the park but they were in it right up to the final minutes.

North are actually a realistic chance to miss the finals now. Wow. They are utterly pathetic.

Top of the table seems such a long time ago now. How do you choke so hard. Oh, North.

And Essendon yet again in the "there's no points for an honourable loss" corner.

I'd say North has a bit too much talent to miss the finals altogether, but 1st place was way, way too high for them. I see them settling around 6th or 7th by the time it's all said and done.

When the Crows are in full flight they're bloody awesome. 20 minutes into the first quarter and it looked like they were gonna win by 80.

That first goal was breathtaking. Collingwood's midfield performed very well though and tried to lock down on our scoring.

Expectations have risen quite a bit over the past few weeks, though I think we'll lose at Simonds again.

I hope the Crows win the flag, they've been amazing and it'd be one hell of a story.

The Eagles are cooked, fuck we're terrible. Not sure how we're even in the eight tbh. Only game I've been to this year is Eagles versus Port (where Jonas killed Gaff) and Port lost that game rather than us winning it. Still close to our best win of the year [womanholdingoutrighthandemoji]

Against all odds, I've kind of enjoyed watching Essendon this year because of McDonald-Tipungwuti and Fantasia. Both are super exciting, I'm really curious to see what happens with the Dons next year.

This weekend is the first round of footy all year where I've actually felt like Essendon are more likely to win than to lose. It's an unusual feeling.

I'm going too! To think when my mother decided to come down for this game, I thought I'd go along just as a family thing, prepared with a stream of self-deprecating quips to pass the time as Brisbane pile on the goals. It may still happen, and I have a few quips in reserve, but I actually expect a good game because both teams are on around the same level - and the Lions don't have an excuse for being laid this low, while Essendon have shown promise the last few weeks.

Still thinking Sydney might take it, even despite their propensity for losing close games.

Hawks for the flag. They may not be the team they were over the last three years, but going on the decline is almost meaningless when descending from such a great height. They still have the ability to beat anybody when it matters.

It seems like their grand final opponent could be any one of about fifty teams though. In all seriousness, that top eight is so congested that I wouldn't be shocked even if the likes of North go deep into September.

It's going to be a compelling climax to the season. Adelaide are looking mighty good. Unlike many of the teams around them, their losses have been credible, in the sense that they haven't lost stupid games. It's a really balanced looking side across the park as well, with some genuine "best in the league" contenders for particular roles. An impressively clinical forward line.

If I wasn't such a North Melbourne sympathiser, their pathetic decline would be hilarious.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Good lord there have been some funny, ridiculous moments in tonight's game.

Lindsay Thomas not really showering himself in glory tonight. Majak's mark was great.

Yep that's definitely a contender for mark of the year.

Going to be obscene if North somehow choke this, but oh so very North to do.

North are lucky there's a decent gap to ninth because if they play the way they did tonight against Hawthorn, GWS, etc., they are stuffed.

It didn't, but WOW what an effort from our men. Two weeks in a row we've taken real contenders down to the end.

This team is going to be good...someday. Sooner than expected, I think.

Back
Top Bottom