The 2015 rugby union thread - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #61
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:46 AM
Why did I go to bed? HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

HOLY.

FUCKING.

SHIT.

Where did Japan pull that from?!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:46 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:16 AM
Watched the highlights on the SMH article. Incredible.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #63
Vocal parasite

Replay on Foxtel Go begins in about ten minutes. I normally can't watch sport when it's not live, but I'm watching this!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-19-2015, 10:22 PM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

By the way, random question, but is that giant bearded Frenchman still around? I don't know his name but he was a bit of a cult figure in past years?
Old 09-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #65
Vocal parasite

Watching the start of this game and I can't imagine what happens. The Boks seem dominant. Should've gone 14-3 up at the 22 minute mark but they blew an absolute sitter of a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
By the way, random question, but is that giant bearded Frenchman still around? I don't know his name but he was a bit of a cult figure in past years?
Chabal! No, unfortunately he hasn't played internationally in about four years and I think his domestic career finished a year or two ago.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-19-2015, 10:33 PM   #66
Vocal parasite

Holy shit can these Japanese do a maul.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-19-2015, 11:37 PM   #67
Vocal parasite

I've seen some astonishing things happen on the rugby field, and that is an all-time great, up there with Jonah Lomu pulverising Mike Catt in 1995 and Stephen Donald's miracle penalty to win the World Cup in 2011.

The Japanese lived up to their name as the Brave Blossoms, that's for sure. I can't believe the courage in keeping going for the try when they had multiple opportunities to kick a penalty and draw the game. Their set plays were great - you can hardly fault their lineouts or scrums and their mauls were incredible (the impossible-to-tell try in the 79th minute with basically the whole team in the maul!). The Boks had moments of brilliance sprinkled with moments of unimaginable garbage and shocking decision-making.

For the sport of rugby as a global game, this is basically the best result ever. Keep in mind Japan have played in every World Cup to date and before today had only ever won once, back in 1991, against lowly Zimbabwe. They'd never played South Africa before. Now we have the bizarre sight of South Africa having a 0% win record against Japan - their lowest win record until now was 39% against New Zealand!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-20-2015, 02:30 AM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Surely in the context of world rugby a 39% winning record against NZ is pretty decent?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Chabal! No, unfortunately he hasn't played internationally in about four years and I think his domestic career finished a year or two ago.
Ah, nice. What a guy. Always remembered the massive deal the commentators would make of him whenever he was onscreen.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:39 AM   #69
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Surely in the context of world rugby a 39% winning record against NZ is pretty decent?!
It is, in fact, the best. Australia has the second-best winning record against the All Blacks; they beat us 27% of the time. France is the only other country to win more than 20% of their games against the All Blacks.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-20-2015, 02:56 AM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

"Oh great, we're playing South Africa next, we're one-third chance of losing this one!"
Old 09-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #71
Vocal parasite

Gross ill-discipline by the All Blacks today against Argentina. Thank god we emerged with the win.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-24-2015, 04:25 PM   #72
Vocal parasite

The All Blacks are so middling against Namibia right now it's ridiculous. Should be killing them by much more but I'm just not feeling a lot of intensity out there. Neither performance so far this Cup inspires confidence.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-24-2015, 07:34 PM   #73
Refugee

Local Time: 10:46 AM
All Blacks going through the motions.

I want anyone but England to win it (i'm English as well) - prefer NZ to win, if not Aussies would do
Old 09-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #74
Vocal parasite

England ahahahahahahaha

Other results seem to be going as expected now.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-02-2015, 04:09 PM   #75
Vocal parasite

Oh god how rubbish are the All Blacks, seriously. Disgusting amount of handling errors against Georgia today. We should be putting the minnows away but we're making a right meal of it. Should be smoother and more clinical than this, even if we don't care. It shouldn't be so bloody obvious that we don't care.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
all blacks, new zealand, rugby, rugby world cup, super rugby, wellington hurricanes