The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, pretty much. Great to see the Bombers really take it to the Pies ... does that make us the first team to even really challenge them this season? Carlton did get about as close, but honestly I've kind of forgotten that game. Wish we could've nudged in front when we were just a point down! But thrilling footy, besides that atrocious first quarter.

Can almost draw parallels between Richmond's match against Carringbush a week earlier. Carringbush easily controlled the first and last, but Richmond/Essendon came back very strongly at times in both the second and third quarters..

Fremantle and Footscray was arguably the match of the day though, and it didn't disappoint, critical result. Freo are top 4 contenders for sure.

this headline doesn't help my football writing a great deal:

1Miner-Page-16April21-2011.jpg

Oh my god a REAL cup of COFFEE! As opposed to ...?

(It's all mud to me anyway.)

It's actually a drive-thru coffee place too...

A front page story once was an old lady saying her water tasted like rotten eggs. Roland Rocchiccioli is a columnist.

I don't have much "drive" but I reckon if I worked with the bloke for two weeks I could overtake the paper and make it better.

Wow, that makes the Moreland Leader look like world class news. Our latest front page was about the first baby born at John Fawker Hospital in twenty years.

So...I really did not pick the team to beat this season. Rest assured, I'm still following, but mustering up much vigor has proved difficult.

They're not last at least!

Do you watch the Marngrook footy show each week Bonnie? Cool that it focuses on aboriginal stories & players, but I don't mind it nearly as entertaining as The Footy Show.

Familiar with it, never really sat down and watched it though. Is it only on pay TV? Don't have Austar at the moment. :(

West Coast vs Melbourne
Sydney vs Carlton
Roos vs Port
Richmond vs Brissy
Adelaide vs Saints
Essendon vs Suns
Collingfuck vs Dogs

Cheers for that Danny, will check it out from now on.

Guess I'm gonna have to get pay TV otherwise, though. :(

Also, get yo tips in soon, guys. We're playing tonight! We doin' this!

Lecras is back too!!

I'm very upset 10 has lost the rights. They're much better than 7.

Can anyone tell me, I see foxtel are showing all nine games live from next year but are 7 showing their four live?

If I'm understanding that correctly, that means only Friday & Saturday night and Sunday games are gonna be shown live on fta, which is disappointing.

I'm gonna try and push for foxtel, but the rents will say no.

All foxtel games will have no ads!!!!

And Friday night games start at 750!!! AND SATURDAY GAMES AT 145!!!!!!!!! 90 minute delay! :panic: bullshit!

If I'm understanding that correctly, that means only Friday & Saturday night and Sunday games are gonna be shown live on fta, which is disappointing.

And Friday night games start at 750!!! AND SATURDAY GAMES AT 145!!!!!!!!! 90 minute delay! :panic: bullshit!

A real shame, as I love watching Sat afternoon games. What the fuck else am I gonna do on a Saturday afternoon?

Er, isn't this an improvement on how much is live on FTA now?

The 90 minutes on Saturday thing is bullshit though.

It is, but I was under the impression we were going to get four or more games fta, all live, every week. You might as well not televise the sat arvo game if it's going to be on a 90 minute delay.

I was under the impression we were going to get raped up the arse by Foxtel, so this was a pleasant surprise to me that we're now going to have more live footy. I can hack Saturday being later if other games are now live. 30 or 90 minutes doesn't make too much difference in the end; I'll probably end up accidentally seeing the score one way or another no matter how delayed the coverage is.

vlad - 5/30
cobl04 - 6/28
axver - 6/27
bonnie - 5/25
inte - 5/24
danny - 5/23

West Coast vs Melbourne - glad the Eagles are looking better this year.
Sydney vs Carlton - Blues haven't won here since 1993 (!!!!!)
North Melbourne vs Port Adelaide - think the only side I'd support Port beating would be GWS (as in, I don't like them, I would tip them sometimes)
Richmond vs Brisbane - Martin is a fucking superstar, and Jacky Boi is getting cheers as loud as the Cho I'm hearing.
Adelaide vs St Kilda - based on the Crows holding them to 37 points in R22 last year, when the Saints were in better touch
Essendon vs Gold Coast - to inflict GC's second 100+ point loss
Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs

Is bigfooty thread about the AFL game?

I got it on ps3. It's pretty cool just having an AFL game on the latest consoles. If you can get past a few weird things that happen, and how the graphics still look ps2-ey it's not so bad!

The commentary is awful.

My picks:

West Coast vs Melbourne
Sydney vs Carlton
North vs Port (the most irrelevant and disinteresting game of the season so far?)
Tigers vs Lions (on the verge of picking a draw)
Adelaide vs St Kilda
Essendon vs Gold Coast
Pies vs Dogs

Demons' away uniform is bloody ugly.

But then most of them are. Why do we even need these stupid away uniforms? It's not as if Melbourne and the Weagles even vaguely clash. Have just one fucking uniform with a clash alternative when required.

West Coast vs Melbourne
Sydney vs Carlton
North Melbourne vs Port Adelaide
Richmond vs Brisbane
Adelaide vs St Kilda
Essendon vs Gold Coast
Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs

A few things I want to know.

- Why is Mark Jamar labeled as 'Russian'?

- Why is Andrew Demetriou labeled as Vlad?

:scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom