The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the term 'manwhore' has the same sort of negative associations as 'slut' and I still think a woman who has had multiple sexual partners will be more frowned upon by society than a male.

Don't be so uptight. My girlfriend refers to men as sluts. As a matter of fact, I do sometimes too. The term is not gender-neutral yet, but I would suggest it is trending that way.

As long as you guys are making baseless assumptions on the part of the girl I should be allowed to too. What evidence do you have that suggests she is a 'slut.' Yes she apparently did sleep with an AFL footballer and that AFL footballer slept with a 17 year old. Who is more at wrong here? I don't think she has claimed that she has slept with a heap of AFL players.

She's made claims about sleeping with numerous AFL players. She's claimed to have had group sex with AFL players. She's claimed to have been knocked up by an AFL player. If you listen to her, you could just about think she's laid half the AFL.

Obviously I think she's full of shit, but by her own words, it's fairly safe to label her a slut. Let's not be precious and come out batting for some silly drama whore. I'm especially amused by how she seems to think she's done something noble or "stood up to" footballers. I'm also amused by how this is even news, or worth having this conversation.

Actually, to revise what I just said, I believe the group sex claim comes from a Herald Sun article, which reprinted part of an alleged Facebook conversation between her and an AFL player in which she organises group sex. Both my girlfriend and I responded to the quotes with "lul lul lulz, no way is that real".

But this girl keeps making silly claims, changes her story in interviews, and the media's just going after this like a pack of wolves at meat, so I pretty much don't believe anybody here. Whatever the case, I stand behind my claim that she's either a slut or a liar, and definitely a complete drama queen and attention whore.

Why are we having this silly discussion again?

Don't be so uptight. My girlfriend refers to men as sluts. As a matter of fact, I do sometimes too. The term is not gender-neutral yet, but I would suggest it is trending that way.

It doesn't hold the same sort of offense for men as it does for women though because like it or not it is still less socially acceptable for women to sleep around than it is for men.

She's made claims about sleeping with numerous AFL players. She's claimed to have had group sex with AFL players. She's claimed to have been knocked up by an AFL player. If you listen to her, you could just about think she's laid half the AFL.

I have never read any quote by her claiming group sex but I could be mistaken. All I have read is that she allegedly had sex with two St Kilda players.

Obviously I think she's full of shit, but by her own words, it's fairly safe to label her a slut. Let's not be precious and come out batting for some silly drama whore. I'm especially amused by how she seems to think she's done something noble or "stood up to" footballers.

If you want to quote 'her own words' here that would be good because like I said I've only read her admit to sleeping with two St Kilda players.

I'm also amused by how this is even news, or worth having this conversation.

Oh come on everyone likes to hear about a footballer caught with their pants down. :wink:

It will always be newsworthy if there is sex and footballers involved. Guaranteed.

Actually, to revise what I just said, I believe the group sex claim comes from a Herald Sun article, which reprinted part of an alleged Facebook conversation between her and an AFL player in which she organises group sex.

Well that's conclusive evidence if ever I've ever heard it. An alleged conversation between facebook accounts quoted by The Herald Sun. :wink:

But this girl keeps making silly claims, changes her story in interviews, and the media's just going after this like a pack of wolves at meat, so I pretty much don't believe anybody here. Whatever the case, I stand behind my claim that she's either a slut or a liar, and definitely a complete drama queen and attention whore.

Some claims she has made are silly yes but so are Reilwoldts, I mean he just woke up and that's when Gilbert took the photo. Is Reiwoldt usually greeted with a condom by a team mate as soon as he wakes up, I prefer a cup of tea but each to their own.

It doesn't hold the same sort of offense for men as it does for women though because like it or not it is still less socially acceptable for women to sleep around than it is for men.

Maybe where you live. I readily admit I mix in very liberal circles, though.

I don't give a damn about her private life or anybody else's (outside of making bad jokes and not-as-witty-as-I'd-hope commentary), but let's call a spade a spade.

If you want to quote 'her own words' here that would be good because like I said I've only read her admit to sleeping with two St Kilda players.

Well, even if I could be bothered trudging up quotes, it doesn't help how many of her accounts have been deleted. But c'mon, surely one perusal of her Twitter account indicates that, at best, she's just a bit of an airheaded bimbo who loves attention: Twitter

Oh come on everyone likes to hear about a footballer caught with their pants down. :wink:

It will always be newsworthy if there is sex and footballers involved. Guaranteed.

Touche! :lol:

Well that's conclusive evidence if ever I've ever heard it. An alleged conversation between facebook accounts quoted by The Herald Sun. :wink:

In a thread on LS recently, I believe I stated that I would not even dignify the Hun as toilet paper! In a dilemma of who-do-you-believe between the Hun and this chick, I'm not sure who is less reliable. The Hun's news reporting and the facts tend to only align by co-incidence, but unlike this girl they usually keep their stories internally consistent!

Some claims she has made are silly yes but so are Reilwoldts, I mean he just woke up and that's when Gilbert took the photo. Is Reiwoldt usually greeted with a condom by a team mate as soon as he wakes up, I prefer a cup of tea but each to their own.

While I can't say I believe Riewoldt is telling the absolute truth (more to the point, he's probably telling what he'd like to believe is the truth), far stranger things have happened to me when I've woken up!

You know who looks silliest here? The lawyers and officials seeking to have the pictures "destroyed". How out of touch with modern technology can you possibly get? It's on the Internet, people. Too fuckin' late now. What's on the Internet stays on the Internet.

Nothing wrong with being a slut (very sexually active) as long as one is responsible about their sexual activity.

Duthie's apparently met with the AFL many times over the past 8 months or so in relation to the original Frankston (where else) Footy Clinic meet up... She feels wronged by the AFL, it's clubs and some players. There probably is a reasonably valid reason for this.

While it might seem unfair that Riewoldt copped it, it's caused as much of a stir as it has because he is skipper of the team. That's key here. It's like when a captain is singled out on the sporting field for more sledging, roughing up etc than any other player. They are the representative of the whole of the whole of the team, so they are the prime target. The Dal Santo photo hasn't caused anywhere near as much of the attention, despite it's increased "explicity". I feel for Riewoldt, but he is captain so if there was ever gonna be a nude photo of a St Kilda player released, it was always gonna be him.

Good luck to her, I hope she comes out of this okay..

Nothing wrong with being a slut (very sexually active) as long as one is responsible about their sexual activity.

This. I should've said it in one my posts, really.

While it might seem unfair that Riewoldt copped it, it's caused as much of a stir as it has because he is skipper of the team. That's key here. It's like when a captain is singled out on the sporting field for more sledging, roughing up etc than any other player. They are the representative of the whole of the whole of the team, so they are the prime target.

I'd suggest his captaincy has little or nothing to do with it. He's an AFL megastar, and let's be honest, people who don't follow the code like us don't recognise most names - but they recognise his. People who don't watch much AFL, or any at all, still know who Riewoldt is, but wouldn't have a fucking clue about Dal Santo. Hell, speaking personally (and showing here that as much as I love the sport, I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as you guys), at the start of this season, I would've been hard-pressed to name more than two or three people on the St Kilda squad off the top of my head, but I would've named Riewoldt straight away. If even I can say that, think of Jane Bloggs watching ACA. She may've heard Dal Santo's name once or twice, but she sure hasn't remembered it.

That's why I think Nude Saint Nick is the big deal of the two.

But if she's got a nude photo of someone as big name as Riewoldt, then there probably is a fair chance she has got quite a few more photos, but she chose to leak the Riewoldt one knowing it would maximize controversy.

You know who looks silliest here? The lawyers and officials seeking to have the pictures "destroyed". How out of touch with modern technology can you possibly get? It's on the Internet, people. Too fuckin' late now. What's on the Internet stays on the Internet.

I thought they were seeking to have the other 19 photos (which have not been leaked to the net) she has of footballers enjoying their penis's destroyed. The lawyers were successful on that matter it seems. What a shame! :sad:

Good luck to her, I hope she comes out of this okay..

Unfortunately she won't.

I cannot believe that they are suing this girl.

'Outside court, St Kilda vice-president Ross Levin branded her a malicious troublemaker who was delighting in the distress she was causing.

He said the players intended to sue for damages, for breach of copyright, breach of confidence, mental distress and trespass. He also warned her not to try to cash in on the publicity.

''In the event that she tries to make money out of this, the misery she has caused to these four undeserving players, then we'll be looking for that money.'' He said an order for damages could be valid for 15 years.'

The misery and mental distress this has caused? Oh ffs!! This tweet sums it up I think....'Bingle nude pic circulates: LOL BOYS WILL BE BOYS! Riewoldt nude pic circulates: SRS BUSINESS SUE SHIT OUT OF UNDERAGE GIRL'

this is really showing the difference between the nrl and the afl.

nrl, hung out to dry for any like this (and it's not all that common) and essentially expected to resign and piss off.

afl and the competitions lawyers will run in and it's a boys will be boys mentality.

no chip on my shoulder, just amazed at the apparent whitewash that's going on.

I just knew Fev would do something soon to get the spotlight back on him. He must've been seething that he wasn't involved in the nude photos scandal!

nelson-haha.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom