The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't we learnt anything from the state cricket tournament that taking sport off free-to-air is disastrous?

Also, seriously, the pay TV plans in this country are fucking stupid. I don't want to pay a heap of money for a heap of channels I don't want just to get a few channels I do want, so I don't pay it. If I could pay $15 to select the five or six channels I do actually want, I'd pay it. Foxtel don't want my $15 a month now?

Pay TV shits all over Free To Air though. I love watching AFL with No Ads between goals. I do know that FTA could never do that, because...well where do they get the money to fund shit shows like X Factor ECT.

Pay TV shits all over Free To Air though. I love watching AFL with No Ads between goals. I do know that FTA could never do that, because...well where do they get the money to fund shit shows like X Factor ECT.

I don't see how Pay TV "shits all over" FTA. Besides the lack of ads, I see basically no difference. In fact, as far as rugby goes, the commentary on Fox Sports is just as dire as on 7. I'd rather watch it on mute than listen to either.

I just checked how much it would cost me to get Foxtel. You know what I want? I just want the sports channels and UK TV. Not asking much. So ... hmm, first up, I have to pay a whopping $44 for a "get started" package of channels that I DON'T WANT and have basically no interest in, then $16 for the sport channels I want (and a few I don't), then $16 for UK TV and a swag of channels I couldn't give a shit about.

All I want is four bloody channels and it's $76. Jesus fucking Christ. Guess I can let UK TV go because my favourite comedies I own on DVD, but still, $60 is a total rip just for some sport. Only a couple of the other channels I'd get along with the sport channels vaguely interest me.

/rant

So, um, new NAB Cup format, eh?

Do go on, for the uninformed like me ...

No way, they're actually implementing that? I remember hearing about it as one of several options earlier this year, but I never thought they'd actually do something so utterly stupid.

BRING BACK STATE OF ORIGIN.

We all know it'd be rigged in favour of Victoria, but it'd be better than this pre-season shit.

Plus, y'know, I'd be barracking for Victoria, so what do I care! :wink:

2011 FIXTURES ARE OUT GUYS! :hyper:

Round 1 we've Hawthorn at AAMI (not away for once!) on a Saturday night. Probably because of the 20th anniversary of our first ever game.

Heh, "Paterson's Stadium". Did some gardening franchise invade the stadium?

Yeah, that "Paterson's Stadium" shit threw me when I saw the schedule.

Everybody's going to keep calling it Subi.

it's like a little, minuscule part of me just died hearing it's no longer Subi.

we got fucked over yet again, while Collingwood once again just gets an absolute dream run. makes me sick.

Can't believe Collingwood don't have to travel outside of Melbourne until June, but who's shocked.

Love that Gold Coast's first game on the Gold Coast (as opposed to at the 'Gabba) is against Geelong. You can already hear them sharpening the knives for Ablett down at Kardinia Park.

So apparently I managed to completely fail to notice the International Rules series was on. Huh.

Bloody hell, why do Richmond have to become the Northern Australian team all of a sudden... hosting matches in Darwin and Cairns. Stay in Richmond for fuck's sake... bloody annoying.

Can't believe Collingwood don't have to travel outside of Melbourne until June, but who's shocked.

Love that Gold Coast's first game on the Gold Coast (as opposed to at the 'Gabba) is against Geelong. You can already hear them sharpening the knives for Ablett down at Kardinia Park.
that's also scheduled to be his 200th game...
If they're relocating Richmond/Dogs to the north and Hawks/Roos to Tassie, can they also at least relocate Collingwood to North Korea?

give Eddie ten years and North Korea will be winning the Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom