The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here* - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #811
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
The commentary is awful.
Oh yeah, its fucking awful, but you can always turn commentary off, I usually just spin my own music anyways.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #812
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
West Coast vs Melbourne
Sydney vs Carlton
North Melbourne vs Port Adelaide
Richmond vs Brisbane
Adelaide vs St Kilda
Essendon vs Gold Coast
Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs
When was the last time all games in a round were won by home teams?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #813
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:54 PM
Would have tipped Melbourne Dees last night I think. Very drab game of football, though West Coast might be a chance to sneak into the 8 come season's end. Squad is coming good after a few years dwelling in the cellar.

Sydney
North Melbourne
Richmond
Colliwobbles
St. Kilda
Ess-a-don
Old 04-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #814
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
When was the last time all games in a round were won by home teams?
I don't know, but this round's a realistic chance for that.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:33 PM   #815
Vocal parasite

Whenever I make picks and notice I've picked all home teams (or, worse, all away teams), I make a point of changing my picks. It's so rare that the odds of it happening the week I pick it to happen are very, very slim!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-29-2011, 12:55 AM   #816
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:24 PM
Welp, I'm pretty damn pleased. We could have won by a lot more, but to have the game so firmly in control for the whole thing is great. To win by 54 points and still have Lecca and Naita two of your worst players on the ground is a pretty great sign.

Speaking of which, can't remember who the Dees player was but did you see him get into a fight with Naita in the Dees forward 50 in the 3rd quarter (I think?)? I'd never seen the man so pissed off before. Wondering if there's something else to it.

Quote:
A few things I want to know.

- Why is Mark Jamar labeled as 'Russian'?

- Why is Andrew Demetriou labeled as Vlad?

No idea, as far as I know it's a Slovenian name.

I think it's a reference to Vlad the Impaler that Sheeds made a few years ago, or because it rhymes with "AD". I'm not too sure.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:17 AM   #817
45:33

Check out my assignment for my Media Law & Ethics class:

Quote:

1. A popular football team, the Bobcats, takes off for a training camp at a beachside resort in Victoria, and heads out to a bar one night. They party on back at their hotel afterwards, with one of the bar attendants. Twelve months later, the respected national, commercial TV current affairs program ‘Public Eye’ broadcasts a story featuring the bar attendant describing her harrowing ordeal at the idyllic resort hotel. In the story, she tells the reporter that she was raped by three football players as another took photographs of her, and the three men, naked. The ‘Public Eye’ story shows the woman in shadow profile only and disguises her voice. The reporter says that their story research has been handed over to police, who are investigating. The reporter notes in the story put to air that the woman has come forward because she wanted justice but thought no one would want to help her.

2. A commercial TV station downloads some Facebook photographs and features them along with a series of file story images on its morning news program.

3. The faces of two of the three players and that of the woman are clearly shown in the downloaded photos used during a panel discussion on the same program of the issue of football players’ involvement in scandal and public misadventure.

4. Two days later, police charge one of the three Bobcat players with rape and aggravated assault. Commercial TV Channel Y puts a 2
promo to air featuring a clip from what the promo voiceover claims is a ‘startling and shocking’ text message sent from a Bobcats player to a club official about the incident. The case goes to trial. The defence asks the Channel Y reporter to reveal how she obtained a copy of the message. She refuses.

5. A Melbourne radio bulletin that evening reports on the case and invites listeners to "tweet, text, or phone with comments". DJ Mike Marconi reads out a Tweet that says, "Not worth my time in that jury seat tomorrow. Verdict’s decided in kangaroo court."

We have to discuss this scenario with regards to consequences for journalists, etc. Pretty damn interesting and it's a very "open" essay, something I never get to write.

Anyway I post because I want to know - re Andrew Lovett. Remember he was charged with raping that chick in an apartment in 09/10? I can't find anything that says he's guilty/not guilty, so I assume the hearing/trial is yet to come? Anywhere you can look to see when a case is scheduled?
Old 04-29-2011, 02:24 AM   #818
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
No idea, as far as I know it's a Slovenian name.

I think it's a reference to Vlad the Impaler that Sheeds made a few years ago, or because it rhymes with "AD". I'm not too sure.
Many people seem to make the mistake of thinking all Slavics are Russian.

I could definitely imagine AD having vampire fangs, though.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:26 AM   #819
Blue Crack Addict

If Jamar is labeled Russian then why isn't Porplyzia labeled as such seeing as he's Ukrainian?

Mystery.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #820
Blue Crack Addict

Old 04-30-2011, 02:32 AM   #821
Blue Crack Addict

What on earth is wrong with Port Adelaide? You're being smashed by North for fuck's sake!
Old 04-30-2011, 02:34 AM   #822
Blue Crack Addict

Port Adelaide are always shit, and have been for the past few years. They only ever play well in Showdowns.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:37 AM   #823
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:54 AM
It'd be nice of Brisbane could go ahead and play Collingwood, St. Kilda or Richmond, because that's apparently the only way ESPN3 is ever going to show one of their games
Old 04-30-2011, 02:44 AM   #824
45:33

You don't want to see them play Collingwood
Old 04-30-2011, 02:59 AM   #825
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Port Adelaide are always shit, and have been for the past few years. They only ever play well in Showdowns.
I know that much, but I can't possibly see why they've suddenly become even shittier this year. They weren't so shit that they'd be beaten by a crappy new team on their home ground, or thrashed by likely wooden spooners. This really is a new low for them.

Tags
afl, football