The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats/Collingwood, for starters. Then you've also got Hawks/Saints, Bulldogs/Richmond and the Derby, as well as whatever little surprises that might occur in the other matches.

Oh yeah, haven't looked at the coming matches, just hoping we could at least thrash the Suns and show a bit of a pulse in going further into the season.

Either way, changes will happen after that match.

Lose, and Neil Craig will almost certainly be gone.

Win, and we'll have found something to build on and to turn around our season. (depending on the winning margin)

Yeah, I do talk a whole bloody lot about my own team.

The only mistake Bonnie made with her South Australian time was to state "today" rather than "a decade ago".

(Actually, if you want a decade ago or maybe 15 years ... I just got back from Queensland and GOOD GOD! No excuse, Brisbane.)

I shall have you know that now almost half of all citizens now have access to a sun dial. Pfft, southern star observation wheel nothin'.
crossarmsco2.gif

Went to two matches on the weekend, Richmond-Fremantle and St Kilda-Carlton.

The skill level, perhaps surprisingly, was far superior in the former, while the latter was just atrocious on the eye and riddled with errors. Carlton were a much better side, inaccuracy costing them a more substantial margin, but gee the Saints look dreadful and a far cry from the Grand Finalists of the pad few seasons.

Goddard isn't the superstar he was. Pavlich and Judd are probably the two best players in the league at the moment.

I was just looking at this week's schedule and thought I might as well do my picks now:

Geelong vs Collingwood
North vs Melbourne
Adelaide vs Gold Coast
Lions vs Bombers
Sydney vs Port
Hawks vs St Kilda
Dogs vs Richmond
Weagles vs Freo (really not sure who to pick, to be honest)

Margins for fun!

Geelong vs Collingwood - 6 points
North vs Melbourne - 18 points
Adelaide vs Gold Coast - 53 points
Lions vs Bombers - 37 points
Sydney vs Port - 40 points
Hawks vs St Kilda - 2 points
Dogs vs Richmond - 10 points
Eagles vs Freo - 14 points

I can see Melbourne resting on their laurels a bit, along with having too many players out, and Monday night's game to have reinvigorated the Saints.

Collingwood
Melbourne
Adelaide
Bombers
Sydney
Hawthorn
Richmond
Fremantle

Don't know if anyone's watching, but Nathan Black is currently giving the most candid interview I've ever seen. He says he went off the rails when he retired, got completely fucked up drunk in Thailand and had a gun pulled on him, lost his jobs, everything. He had some pretty severe problems. Jaw-dropping.

vlad - 6/42
cobl04 - 5/39
axver - 5/36
bonnie - 5/36
inte - 7/35
danny - 4/34 (who did you tip out of Carlton and St K?)

Collingwood
Melbourne
Adelaide
Essendon
Sydney
Hawthorn
Richmond
Fremantle

Geelong (I like to think that the loss of Jolly will cripple the whole side)
Melbourne
Footscray
Adelaide
Essendon
Sydney
Hawthorn
Fremantle

I tipped the Blues.

Geelong (I like to think that the loss of Jolly will cripple the whole side)

Like it did against the Dogs? I think Geelong will comfortably win the ruck and midfield contests, unless Cam Wood finally steps up. The game then becomes a question of who's forward long will do the job, if the conditions are gonna be shitty then its going to make for an even tougher contest.

My tips:

Collingwood by 13
North Melbourne
Adelaide, maybe. Gold Coast do have a 100% winning ratio at AAMI.
Essendon - A good test for the bombers, at least in traveling. They should win easily in the end.
Sydney. - Something is wrong otherwise.
Hawthron - A battle of the two most overrated teams in the league.
Richmond - Please?
Freo - West Coast are due to win derby or whatever they are called.

Last night I dreamed two things - Gold Coast beating West Coast, and my house being destroyed by a bushfire. Still haven't decided what was worse.

Can't wait for tonight!

Must've been some hidden force.

(I'm still a little bitter about the fact that Melbourne have injured Dangerfield twice now at the MCG)

BigFooty is messed up to the max. There are "supporters" hoping we lose to the Gold Coast. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom