The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
And good on Richmond. God, when will the Lions win a game!

Ha, now that I've staked a claim in them? They'll be lucky to pick up a handful. I am not exactly a good luck charm in sports (even if my American football teams kicked ass lass season).

Ha, now that I've staked a claim in them? They'll be lucky to pick up a handful. I am not exactly a good luck charm in sports (even if my American football teams kicked ass lass season).

My mother is coming for you.

Not sure what to think about it, since the capacity of this reveloped Adelaide Oval will only be around 50,000, where AAMI Stadium has a larger capacity.

I'm also quite fond of AAMI, anyway.

Waverley Park had a capacity of 80,000 but that didn't help it at all. It's not like AAMI is ever even remotely close to full, anyway. There's nothing special about it and never really was - it'll be sad to see it go since it's been the site of some pretty special events to me over the years (U2 and International Rules as well as regular matches) but ultimately, this is what Adelaide needs.

It's perfect for the city as it is now, cheaper than starting from scratch to build a new stadium, just making an already special location more suited to the 21st century. One of the best things about Melbourne is the restaurant/footy/pub go in the CBD, and there's no reason why Adelaide shouldn't have the same. I can't say whether or not this will be the resounding success that the media wants it to be, and it sure as hell won't solve all our problems here, but it's a hell of a lot better than keeping this city stagnant while the other capitals boom ahead of Adelaide.

Sad thing is, by the time 2014 comes around I'd have finished my studies and might even be on the verge of going interstate or overseas for further endeavours. Let's see how things go.

Waverley Park had a capacity of 80,000 but that didn't help it at all. It's not like AAMI is ever even remotely close to full, anyway. There's nothing special about it and never really was - it'll be sad to see it go since it's been the site of some pretty special events to me over the years (U2 and International Rules as well as regular matches) but ultimately, this is what Adelaide needs.

It's perfect for the city as it is now, cheaper than starting from scratch to build a new stadium, just making an already special location more suited to the 21st century. One of the best things about Melbourne is the restaurant/footy/pub go in the CBD, and there's no reason why Adelaide shouldn't have the same. I can't say whether or not this will be the resounding success that the media wants it to be, and it sure as hell won't solve all our problems here, but it's a hell of a lot better than keeping this city stagnant while the other capitals boom ahead of Adelaide.

We managed 50,000 for the elim. final against Essendon in 2009, but yes, even 45,000 is a very unlikely occurance these days. I just had a look at the "plans" they had for AAMI's undevelopment, it made me depressed.

Would be happier if AO's new capacity was something more like 55,000-60,000, but oh well.

This'll be upsetting many in Adelaide's cricketing fraternity surely?! they've always been so defensive of how picturesque Adelaide Oval is compared with the concrete donuts of other cities.

I've always wanted to go to Football Park, the atmosphere at some of those Camry Crows matches back in the 90's looked amazing. I'll have to make a trip before they don't play footy there anymore. The stadium has always reminded me of a smaller Waverley in terms of it's design.

Picks for the weekend, since I'll be away from Friday and may forget to do it tomorrow:

Port Adelolled vs Hawthorn
Footiscray vs Sudderney
Geelong vs North Who?
Richmond vs Freo
Mould Coast vs Brisbane
Essendon vs Weagles
Melbourne vs Vlad n U 2
St Kilda vs Carlton

Hawthorn
Sydney
Geelong
Freo
Brisbane
Essendon
Adelaide
Carlton

Happy birthday, Nicky Nat. :heart::heart::heart:

Port shithouse vs Hawthorn
Footscray vs Blood Stained Angels
Geelong vs Norfington
Richmond vs Freo
15.4 vs Brisbane
Essendon vs Eagles
crossarmsco2.gif

Melbourne vs Adelaide
St Kilda vs Carlton

Game isn't live here, for obvious reasons, but if neutral commentary on Big Footy is anything to go by, the Hawks have been gifted a few goals, and are likely to win.

Gifted. Against Port Adelaide. Oh dear.

Port Adelaide's free kick count ended up being comfortably in their favour. :lol:

Yay! Port continue to suck! :)

vlad - 6/36
cobl04 - 6/34
axver - 4/31
bonnie - 6/31 - the less here being never, ever, under any circumstances, tip Port (remember when that used to be Freo :cute:)
inte - 4/28
danny - 7/30 - our first "picked em all"!

Hawthorn
Bulldogs
Geelong
Fremantle - desperately hoping Richmond win this one though
Brisbane
Essendon
Melbourne
Carlton

my previews: AFL Round Seven preview | Football Nation

What was it? Using "were" after the team names? I can't pick between was and were.

Got belted for some of my margin predictions.

Bring on Friday night!!!

It was the "there" in place of "their" in the Melb./Adel. paragraph. Your predictions were good I reckon, 30 points for Hawthorn and the result was 32. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom