The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we stick with the tipping - we were going so well last year until late in the season.

My picks for week one:

Carlton vs Richmond: Duh.
Geelong vs St Kilda: Few points to prove for both teams. I reckon we'll see a waning Cats this year.
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide: Duh, unfortunately.
Adelaide vs Hawthorn: Wasn't sure about this, gave it to the Crows on home ground advantage.
Brisbane vs Fremantle: Brisbane aren't back on their feet yet, and are ripe for the picking by Freo.
Essendon vs Western Bulldogs: COME ON!
Melbourne vs Sydney: Demons should be better this year than last.
West Coast vs North Melbourne: Sorry Bonnie.

And a top ten can fuck off.

Carlton
St. Duthie
Carringbush
Footscray
Melbourne Demons
Hobart/Gold Coast/Sydney/Canberra/Northern Kangaroos
Adelaide Adams
Fremantle Re-branded

Coll
StK
Foots
Freo
Haw
Geelong
Adelaide
Melbourne

Richmond (ninth!!)
Sydney
Carlton
Kangass
Port Power
Gold Coast
Essendon
West Coast
Brisbane

Carlton vs Richmond
Geelong vs St Kilda
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide
Adelaide vs Hawthorn
Brisbane vs Fremantle
Essendon vs Western Bulldogs
Melbourne vs Sydney
West Coast vs North Melbourne (if I'm not mistaken, we've never lost a first round home game)

brownlow/coleman/norm smith/album of the year: Nic Naitanui

alright, I'm converted. i don't know which team I'm rooting for, but I have a general idea of which teams I should root for, thanks to Daniel, Daniel, Ax, and Vlad. And I can watch all of this and last season's games online, so I plan to develop an interest in this sport.

Also, Gary Ablett Snr was probably one of the best players ever. Thanks for the youtube link, Daniel.

Friggin' Cobbler. :D Great work.

And Reggo, if you can, you should tune in to the season opener which starts in about 4 hours.

I was afraid it was going to be on that late. Damn, I want to watch, to see if I really can get into this (pretty sure I can), but I have too much shit to do tomorrow to pull an all-nighter. Let's see if maybe I can get my ass out of bed early enough to at least catch the end. How long does a match usually last?

Carlton vs Richmond
Geelong vs St Kilda
Adelaide vs Hawthorn
Brisbane vs Fremantle
Melbourne vs Sydney
West Coast vs North Melbourne

OK, the underlined ones are the ones I have sort of an idea on. The italicized ones are tips I pulled out of my arse.

Carlton vs Richmond
Geelong vs St Kilda
Adelaide vs Hawthorn
Brisbane vs Fremantle Freoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :lol:
Melbourne vs Sydney
West Coast vs North Melbourne

For those of you with iPhones, search for "afl Aussie rules live 2011".

It is absolutely amazing, it's got everything you could ever want and loads quick and is also neat.

It's free but I'd happily pay $5 for it.

Ok, I have to go to bed, but the 20 or so minutes of the game I got to watch were just fucking awesome.

I'm in.

Welcome, American brethren!

I just got back from seeing the King's Speech (enjoyed it, even though it was basically just a Rocky movie with talking instead of boxing), and I see that this game has actually become something interesting? Curse the ton of homework I have.

GO TIGES

At least Richmond made this a real contest to open this season, unlike some of their more disappointing capitulations to Carlton to open recent seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom