The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here* - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-22-2010, 02:20 AM   #226
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,048
Local Time: 12:52 PM


shit's going down. Riewoldt said he was "bitterly disappointed" with Sam Gilbert.
__________________

__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 12-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #227
Refugee
 
jonnytakeawalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: living underground, eating from a can
Posts: 1,233
Local Time: 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
This stupid fucking slut should just keep her mouth (and legs) shut.
Wow with that attitude I reckon you'd fit right in at St Kilda.

It's not cool to call someone a slut. Yes she is silly and immature but by equal measure so are the St Kilda boys. As for 'players privacy' well if they want to piss around taking photos of each others cocks then they should be well prepared for the repercussions if those photos were to get in the wrong hands.
__________________

__________________
jonnytakeawalk is offline  
Old 12-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #228
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 12:52 PM
OMG NEW PICCZZ!! EVEN BETTER ANGLE!

__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 12-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #229
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,014
Local Time: 12:22 PM
I bet you were trying to find the right moment to post that again, weren't you?
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 12-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #230
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,051
Local Time: 12:52 PM
Well played, Daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnytakeawalk View Post
It's not cool to call someone a slut.
Well she's either a slut or a liar, put it that way.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 12-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #231
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,014
Local Time: 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnytakeawalk View Post
It's not cool to call someone a slut. Yes she is silly and immature but by equal measure so are the St Kilda boys. As for 'players privacy' well if they want to piss around taking photos of each others cocks then they should be well prepared for the repercussions if those photos were to get in the wrong hands.
But she's the epitomy of what's wrong with youth these days.

250 youths.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 12-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #232
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,048
Local Time: 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnytakeawalk

Wow with that attitude I reckon you'd fit right in at St Kilda.

It's not cool to call someone a slut. Yes she is silly and immature but by equal measure so are the St Kilda boys. As for 'players privacy' well if they want to piss around taking photos of each others cocks then they should be well prepared for the repercussions if those photos were to get in the wrong hands.
Slut may be a strong word but that doesn't mean it should never be used, especially if the behavior warrants it.

She claims to have fallen pregnant from one of these players, and then claimed she lost the baby. Now she claims she took all these photos and wants "revenge", for what, no one knows.

Dismissing her as silly and immature and giving her a pat on the head is wrong.
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 12-22-2010, 11:26 PM   #233
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 02:52 PM
we're mostly guys here, right?

how inclined are you to get your mitchell johnson out around your mates and a 17 year old known troublemaker? the only explanation more bizarre is that team mates took these photos and then kept them.

it's not just these guys, it's in all sport, but she's sooo not the only one at fault.

in fact, what is it about sportsmen getting their cocks out for the boys?
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 12-23-2010, 01:36 AM   #234
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,048
Local Time: 12:52 PM
but what has Riewoldt done wrong here? he's literally done nothing more than have a bit of fun on an end-of-season footy trip (the photos would have been kept to laugh at at a private showing in years to come most likely) and now he's being dragged through the mud because this girl is seeking revenge for something i still can't figure out.

the behaviour of the footy players has to come into question as well of course but in reality there's really no story...
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 12-23-2010, 01:39 AM   #235
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,051
Local Time: 12:52 PM
Of course there's no story, but the closer you get to Christmas, the less news you have to report except that "fuck it's crowded at Chadstone". I could cynically suggest this chick leaked the pictures at just the right time to get maximum press coverage, but that would attribute more intelligence and media nous to her than she actually has.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 12-23-2010, 03:21 AM   #236
Refugee
 
jonnytakeawalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: living underground, eating from a can
Posts: 1,233
Local Time: 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Well she's either a slut or a liar, put it that way.
Why isn't there a derogatory term for a man who sleeps with a lot of women? Women get branded as sluts and men are just players I guess. Nice

I guarantee you those St Kilda boys would have slept with a lot of women. Where's their label?


Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Slut may be a strong word but that doesn't mean it should never be used, especially if the behavior warrants it.
I don't think it's fair to brand anyone as a 'slut' regardless of their behavior.

Quote:
She claims to have fallen pregnant from one of these players, and then claimed she lost the baby. Now she claims she took all these photos and wants "revenge", for what, no one knows.

Dismissing her as silly and immature and giving her a pat on the head is wrong.
Can you claim none of these things happened? They shouldn't have been hanging around with a minor in the first place.

Quote:
in fact, what is it about sportsmen getting their cocks out for the boys?
Oh and don't forget also mastarbating for the boys too! Seriously a pic of a guy with his cock out and a condom next to it and another pic of a player mastarbating and she is the one branded names while 'boys will be boys.'
__________________
jonnytakeawalk is offline  
Old 12-23-2010, 05:35 AM   #237
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,051
Local Time: 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnytakeawalk View Post
Why isn't there a derogatory term for a man who sleeps with a lot of women? Women get branded as sluts and men are just players I guess. Nice
Isn't there? Funny, I thought I was slagging off a guy I know as a manwhore and a prostitute earlier. (He's a rather nice guy, but his picture's in the dictionary beside "promiscuous".)

Also, let's not pretend "slut" is always an insult. There are plenty of people - including people on this forum - who readily accept the label and try to own it.

Quote:
I guarantee you those St Kilda boys would have slept with a lot of women.
Now who's making baseless assumptions? No doubt some have; no doubt some haven't.

The chick claims she's slept with a heap of AFL players, despite being underage. So either a). she's a slut or b). she's lying. I suspect she's the latter and wishes she was the former.

Quote:
Can you claim none of these things happened? They shouldn't have been hanging around with a minor in the first place.
You do realise the burden of proof lies on somebody who's claiming something, don't you? You can't prove a negative.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 12-23-2010, 06:19 AM   #238
Refugee
 
jonnytakeawalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: living underground, eating from a can
Posts: 1,233
Local Time: 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Isn't there? Funny, I thought I was slagging off a guy I know as a manwhore and a prostitute earlier. (He's a rather nice guy, but his picture's in the dictionary beside "promiscuous".)
I don't think the term 'manwhore' has the same sort of negative associations as 'slut' and I still think a woman who has had multiple sexual partners will be more frowned upon by society than a male.

Quote:
Also, let's not pretend "slut" is always an insult. There are plenty of people - including people on this forum - who readily accept the label and try to own it.
I think by its very definition it is intended to be an insult. Some people seem to like referring to themselves as a 'bitch' but doesn't make it any less insulting if I were to call someone else one.


Quote:
Now who's making baseless assumptions? No doubt some have; no doubt some haven't.
As long as you guys are making baseless assumptions on the part of the girl I should be allowed to too. What evidence do you have that suggests she is a 'slut.' Yes she apparently did sleep with an AFL footballer and that AFL footballer slept with a 17 year old. Who is more at wrong here? I don't think she has claimed that she has slept with a heap of AFL players.
__________________
jonnytakeawalk is offline  
Old 12-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #239
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,048
Local Time: 12:52 PM
johnnytakeawalk, if i'm remembering correctly you are a woman, and i know that, like the "c word", a lot of women find the word slut very offensive and derogatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnytakeawalk View Post
Why isn't there a derogatory term for a man who sleeps with a lot of women? Women get branded as sluts and men are just players I guess. Nice
there isn't a term for men, and of course that's unfair, but that won't change anything.

Quote:
I don't think it's fair to brand anyone as a 'slut' regardless of their behavior.
Slut can loosely be defined as someone who sleeps around a lot, yes? well if her claims are true, then she is a slut, as bad as that sounds. i also think it's mighty unfair to steal pictures from someone else's computer and then post them all over the internet because a boy said he'd call you and didn't. these players are in the public eye and their lives are being ruined because some girl is scorned?


Quote:
Can you claim none of these things happened? They shouldn't have been hanging around with a minor in the first place.
certainly can't,but like the Tiger Woods scandal it's hard to believe and stories don't match up. and no, they should have known better than to be hanging around with a 17yo. no debating that.

Quote:
Yes she apparently did sleep with an AFL footballer and that AFL footballer slept with a 17 year old. Who is more at wrong here?
this is the line of thinking that frustrates me the most. as far as i know, a 20-odd year old sleeping with a 17yo is legal, right? both have just as much right to sleep with the other. but as is the case when these stories come up, people always frown upon the players, because they're older, they should have known better, and the other party gets away with it, being branded the "victim". this girl knew what she was doing. so far as i can tell, from all that i've read, i can't see where a player has done the wrong thing. for some reason these photos, apparently stolen, were uploaded to facebook because this girl wants "revenge". revenge for what??
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 12-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #240
Refugee
 
jonnytakeawalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: living underground, eating from a can
Posts: 1,233
Local Time: 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
johnnytakeawalk, if i'm remembering correctly you are a woman, and i know that, like the "c word", a lot of women find the word slut very offensive and derogatory.
You are right but it shouldn't just be women who find the word slut offensive. How would you feel if someone called your sister a slut?

Quote:
Slut can loosely be defined as someone who sleeps around a lot, yes? well if her claims are true, then she is a slut, as bad as that sounds.
It's a stigma that considering her admissions she doesn't deserve. She has admitted to sleeping with 2 AFL footy players. Do you think that warrants being called a slut? You and Axver are suggesting she has bragged about sleeping with stacks of footy players, I'd like to see the quote where she has said that.

Quote:
i also think it's mighty unfair to steal pictures from someone else's computer and then post them all over the internet because a boy said he'd call you and didn't.
I agree that if she did this it is wrong and I don't believe the girl is faultless either but I have a feeling there is more to this than a rejection by a boy. She is obviously very, very angry.

Quote:
these players are in the public eye and their lives are being ruined because some girl is scorned?
Oh the poor dears.

Like I said before if they want to mess around and take photos of each other naked and mastarbating and let them be uploaded on to a computer and not make sure they weren't deleted then they can suffer the consequnces when they get into the wrong hands.

Quote:
this is the line of thinking that frustrates me the most. as far as i know, a 20-odd year old sleeping with a 17yo is legal, right? both have just as much right to sleep with the other. but as is the case when these stories come up, people always frown upon the players, because they're older, they should have known better, and the other party gets away with it, being branded the "victim". this girl knew what she was doing. so far as i can tell, from all that i've read, i can't see where a player has done the wrong thing. for some reason these photos, apparently stolen, were uploaded to facebook because this girl wants "revenge". revenge for what??
She says she was mistreated by the AFL and St Kilda. She says they lied when they told the media that said she told the St Kilda player she slept with that she was over eighteen. Who knows but I think the AFL has a history of sweeping this kind of shit under the rug. She wasn't 17 though, she was 16 when she claimed to have slept with the footballer. Legal but still......
__________________

__________________
jonnytakeawalk is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
afl, football

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com