The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone remember the scoreboard channel nine had in the first year of their coverage? and they always had that bar thing behind only one of the teams? and no one could figure out what it was for? that annoyed me greatly.

Chalk me down as the one person here who hasn't noticed these apparent scoreboard changes.

Anyway, can't believe the pre-season begins this week. Looking forward to it, even though I have severe reservations about the format. I've just missed footy, any footy, being on telly.

I really love the Fox Sports scoreboard graphic which was introduced in '09. The '04 version wasn't bad. CH10's needs to be freshened up.

So, turns out that the start of the NAB Cup tonight is not being broadcast on free-to-air. :sigh:

Guess I'll have to find it online somewhere ...

(Tonight and Sunday are on Foxtel; Saturday's on One HD but I'll be seeing Tim Finn!)

I hate the preseason comp... don't think I'll watch any of it.

Fingers crossed this garbage last-person-to-touch-the-ball-before-it-goes-out-of-bounds rule gets canned. The supergoal is just :yawn:

Eh, I missed last night (Laneway YEAHHHHH) but I reckon I'll watch tonight's game, even if the skills are shite I want to see exactly how ridiculous this bullshit three game idea is, and besides, I need a footy fix.

my friend went to Laneway... said it was awesome. Les Savy Fav in particular, don't know if you saw them. how was Cut Copy? (So Haunted?)

i'd probs watch the game tonight if i wasn't going out.

Cut Copy were ace, and yes they played So Haunted, crowd went crazy! I didn't see Les Savy Fav, think I must have been seeing someone else at the same time. Yeasayer were really awesome too and got a really, really good welcome... they seemed pretty overwhelmed by it so hopefully they'll come back to Oz again soon. I will write a fullish report later. Also since I'm staying in tonight I might drive around a bit and listen to some of your DI list.

Yeah, every team had many of their most important players out. Collingwood I think fielded a near full strength team though.

I hate the preseason comp... don't think I'll watch any of it.

As I keep saying, ditch it and give us State Of Origin instead. Something meaningful, y'know?

Fingers crossed this garbage last-person-to-touch-the-ball-before-it-goes-out-of-bounds rule gets canned. The supergoal is just :yawn:

Every comment I've read seems to be coming down like a sack of bricks on that piece of stupidity.

It's bored rule-makers gone postal. If you've got the ball and are making a run down the wing and get tackled over the line, you give away a free kick. :huh: it's making a rule for the sake of making one.

well West Coast are 2 and zip so far!

i shouldn't mention that the near full-strength Eagles were playing a Hawthorn side captained by Cyril Rioli...

well West Coast are 2 and zip so far!

i shouldn't mention that the near full-strength Eagles were playing a Hawthorn side captained by Cyril Rioli...

Hey, we were playing a lot of youngsters too. :shh:

Pretty typical that the one game I actually wanted to see wasn't even shown here. Heard Naitanui beat Sandilands in the ruck, which is good. Apparently little Lewis "Moochie" Broome impressed too. Real excited for the kid, even if he's only about eight inches tall.

Eddie McGuire 'land of the falafel': Milicevic fires at AFL bigots

“The other day Eddie McGuire called the west of Sydney something like, ‘the land of the falafels’,’’ Milicevic told football website fourfourtwo.com. ‘‘I’m sorry, Eddie, we’re not all bigots, mate. We don’t all agree with what you say. You and all your boys on The Footy Show.

AFL ignores soccer star's drug claims
''Everyone is entitled to a view. It doesn't have to be informed,'' spokesman Patrick Keane said.

The best part of the Ljubo article is when he confirms AFL player's drug uses because he himself has underworld connections.

There is undeniably truth in what he says, but he's such a loudmouthed knob that for a second I can think that he's making it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom