The 2009 Masters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this thread's going to be a complete bust. Fuck it, though. You and me, Mr. BAW. You and me.

Eh, I can't really get into any golf tournament until Sunday.

Scoring a lot lower yesterday than in recent years, winds are supposed to kick up this afternoon, so I doubt we'll see any 7 unders today.

The Larry Mize story is pretty nice. It'd be cool if he can stick around for a while near the top of the leaderboard.

Also, why the fuck does coverage of this not start for another 7 hours? People are playing golf at Augusta National as we speak and I want to watch it.

Also, why the fuck does coverage of this not start for another 7 hours? People are playing golf at Augusta National as we speak and I want to watch it.

Makes absolutely no sense.

I don't see how Paddy is flying under the radar after winning the last two majors. The guy's a stud. Seven off the pace as of my typing this. Campbell's having another big day, dropping three through eight. I wouldn't mind seeing him win since he lives within mere miles of my hometown (I played Colleyville Heritage in baseball more than a few times), but I'm expecting him to cool off and return to the pack.

It's hard not to what with ESPN not offering live coverage.

Makes absolutely no sense.

I don't see how Paddy is flying under the radar after winning the last two majors. The guy's a stud.

I suspect the giant, steaming turd he laid at the Ryder Cup has something to do with this.

I'm watching it as well. And a friend got me to do the yahoo fantasy golf - we're about 90th percentile each for the season. My pre-tourney picks were: Tiger, Watney, Romero, Stenson. Now I think Kenny Perry or Tiger will win it.

Great performance by Anthony Kim - 11 birdies in one round, which is a new Masters record.

Yeah, Kim was ridiculous yesterday. Tiger's dropped two strokes through two today, putting him at even par for the tournament. I hate to ever count him out, but a nine stroke deficit? Plus I think Kenny Perry, a guy I've always liked, is going to be tough to beat this weekend.

I think Tigger just birdied the third. Here comes a stretch of something like 8 consecutive birdies.

I can't see Tiger coming back from 7 down, plus too many players to leapfrog.
Perry has to be odds on right now, but I wouldn't count out Furyk. Lets see how Perry and Cabrera handle the Augusta Sunday pressure, they can ask Greg Norman if there's anything to it.

I hate FIGJAM as much as the next guy, but that shot out of the rough of 7 was unbelievable. One of the best I've ever seen.

Really surprised that Tiger and Phyllis just missed their Eagle putts on 15. But, fuck, they're right there. This is gonna be a great finish.

C'mon Tiger!

EDIT - Oh snap, he just stuck it on 16.

Well, they both blew their birdie putts on 16 as well. Except for Tiger, that is.

After tee shots on 18, Kenny could lose it outright, being in the bunker with Angel dead center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom