The 2009 Masters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks for Perry that the playoff has to be 18 again. He's right-to-left, and that hole is the worst on the course for him. Plus, he chose a driver when he should have gone with a 3-wood. Same mistake Phil made on 18.

Playoffs?

This is exciting, especially now that I'm done watching tonight's epic Red Sox abortion.

Hated to see Perry cough it up like that, but good for Angel. This was a fantastic tournament.

I'll say it before GAF does: KP's daughter is hot.

Yes. Someone needs to comfort her in her moment of sadness.

And I'm glad Angel won. Seems like a cool guy. Loved his reaction after hitting the shot from behind the tree on the first playoff hole.

Yes. Someone needs to comfort her in her moment of sadness.

And I'm glad Angel won. Seems like a cool guy. Loved his reaction after hitting lucking out with the greatest bounce in golf history on the shot from behind the tree on the first playoff hole.

Fix'd.

This is my second favorite kind of three way.

How was Saturday night:
Gay+Philly+Guys+%5B425x380%5D.jpg

PhillyChitChat.com?

So which one is pfan?

Beat me to it.

Well, this golf thread thing didn't turn out as poorly as we thought. Maybe we can make one for the entire season or just do one for each major. I don't know, guys. I just don't know.

Beat me to it.

Well, this golf thread thing didn't turn out as poorly as we thought. Maybe we can make one for the entire season or just do one for each major. I don't know, guys. I just don't know.

:up:

Cheers for Angel! shows we big-belly beer drinkers can bring it!

In my circle of friends, we call Mikleson "3-day Phil" but he brought it, albeit Friday, Sat. and Sunday...

Tiger's still working a new swing; his presence will be known throughout the remainder of the year...no worries about him...

I'm all for a Golf-thread, majors or not...

I was opened minded about her at the start of the season; since then, pfffttt!
Even the media is looking the other way...she came in near dead last in the season's first Major...For just getting her card and blasting everyone else off the course during Q-school, there lies the difference between the rookies and the pros....:down:

The Golf Channel - Tonight was the first episode of The Big Break Prince Edward Island; 6 guys/g gals....some hot looking ladies, all trying for $100K and a career...

If you've never seen it, its "Survivor", golf style. :up:

I missed it watching the Mavs abortion, but I'm pretty sure I DVR'd it. Nice.

And to focus on the Masters:

sergio_garcia.jpg

"Augusta is too hard for my widdle cwubs and my widdle putter."

I figured it's not worth it to start its own thread with four holes to go, but the Open is getting intense. Goggin and Watson are both at -2 after 14, Westwood at -2 after 15.

Watson's on the green on 15 while Goggin rolled it into the same bunker that Westwood did.

Watson's on the green on 15 while Goggin rolled it into the same bunker that Westwood did.

That pin placement on 15 was brutal, looked like both Westwood and Goggin had a shot at an ace, and ended up in that bunker, almost identical shots.

Nice for Cink, too bad for Watson.

Never would have thought someone with his experience putting that poorly for the win. Goes to show that nerves can get the best of us from time to time. You could see it in the follow through, he slowed down which usually means lack of confidence.

Nothing against TW, but that was one of the worst putts from a pro in that situation I've ever seen. Must get the ball past the hole...his putt never had a chance.

But he was so unlucky with his approach shot. He almost hit it too well and it carried on to the green. And for someone who is one of the best at chipping and little punch shots, very surprised he went with the putter, though maybe not considering the green back there was sloping downhill towards the cup.

Not sure if I'm in the majority, but I hope Tiger can figure his game out. To me he almost looks like he's swinging so freaking hard. He could learn so much (I think) from watching someone like Tom Watson. Everything is cool, steady, great balance. Then watch Tiger swing in the tee box and it's like he's trying to hit it to the moon.

Until he figures out how to get off the tee better, Tiger can't really be a lock for any tourney. He's that good to still win them all, but not in the dominating fashion he's used to. I have confidence he will figure it out, maybe in another 2-3 years and he'll be unstoppable again.

If he can get Watson's steady play and cool demeanor, watch out!

I agree. That putt was the equivalent of tossing up an air ball from the free throw line late in a playoff game. I did not think he would drain the putt, but I did not think he'd short arm it like that.

As for Woods, I expect more consistency next season when the surgery is that much further behind him. For now, as he's shown, he can step up and win a big tourney, or miss the cut altogether, and that sort of wild inconsistency is truly uncharacteristic for him.

Watson was shooting not to lose: he got scared at the thought of rolling it too far past and not even making the playoff. That thought is a killer for a golfer, a sign that you're overthinking it. He hit it to ensure he wouldn't three-putt, and that's what cost him.

I would have loved to see THE WAT! pull that one out, but I'm glad Cink got his first major. I've always liked the guy. This will be one of those tournaments we remember more for the loser than the victor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom