The 2009 Formula One Thread. Accept No Imitations.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see lots more over overtaking especially at the end of a race at the time where drivers 'settle' for what they have.

Don't think the WINS scoring system would work though any better than increase the points differential at the top.

My question though...why the hell would they want to so dramatically change the system at the same time the major technical changes are coming through. I mean at this rate rate Braun could have the season closed out by July under the wins rule.

Enjoyed this arvo's race, if only to see Jensen get so excited by winning :D And nice to see Kubica start the year as he means to go on, obviously :wink: And I didn't mind the late arvo start, at least it wasn't under lights, which has got to be the dumbest idea I've heard.

OK revised my opinion of Jensen, since I read his dickhead comment about female drivers in F1. I look forward to seeing him lose during the year.....

McLaren excluded from Australian results

Hamilton excluded from Australian results, Trulli regains third

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton has been disqualified from last weekend’s Australian Grand Prix after a second stewards’ investigation on Thursday decided both he and his team had provided ‘misleading' evidence during a hearing held after the Melbourne race.

Hamilton crossed the finish line in Australia in fourth, but was subsequently promoted to third after Toyota’s Jarno Trulli was handed a 25-second time penalty for passing his McLaren under the safety car during the race’s closing laps.

Stewards, however, decided to reinvestigate the incident after fresh evidence came to light and convened a second meeting in Sepang. After the hearing, the stewards issued the following statement:

“The Stewards having considered the new elements presented to them from the 2009 Australian Formula One Grand Prix, consider that driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes acted in a manner prejudicial to the conduct of the event by providing evidence deliberately misleading to the Stewards at the hearing on Sunday 29th March 2009, a breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

"Under Article 158 of the International Sporting Code, the driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes are excluded from the race classification for the 2009 Australian Grand Prix and the classification is amended accordingly."

In addition to Hamilton’s disqualification, Trulli’s penalty has been withdrawn and the Italian therefore regains his third place - and six world championship points.

In accepting the stewards' decision, McLaren issued the following press release, stating they have no plans to appeal:

"The FIA Stewards have reviewed their decision of Sunday 29th March 2009, and have excluded Vodafone McLaren Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton from the results of the 2009 Australian Grand Prix.

"Vodafone McLaren Mercedes understands that the Stewards made their decision on the basis of reviewing radio transmissions between the driver and the Team.

"The Team mistakenly believed that the radio transmissions had been reviewed by the FIA on Sunday 29th March 2009, and consequently did not believe it was necessary to discuss them with the Stewards on that date.

"Nonetheless, the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Team now regrets that it did not do so, accepts the Stewards' decision and will not appeal."

The Official Formula 1 Website

---

I wonder what the Stewards heard when they listened to those radiotransmissions. They're basically saying the team and Hamilton lied to them.

Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year
Webber can win this year

:dancing:

So someone here thinks...wait let me check and read again.... Webber can win this year :wink:

Vettel and Webber were great this weekend. Red Bull was very dominant in the race. I heard that they don't have the fancy diffuser or the KERS system, which makes their win even more impressive.

Do you think it was to do with the wet though? 50% of the people they polled on formula1.com think they wouldn't have won in the dry.

Brawn still the one to beat according to Webber -

"There's nothing to suggest a huge amount has changed since Malaysia when, in the dry, Brawn were a second faster than anyone else."

"If you look at the fuel-corrected timings, taking into account the loads being carried by each car, the grid would have been Rubens Barrichello, Jenson Button, Jarno Trulli, Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber so clearly we have to keep improving."

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula 1 | Brawn still team to beat - Webber

Brawn is still ahead of basically everyone. But still, if Red Bull keeps improving who nows. We know they have a good car now and obviously they're planning to keep improving it.

They don't have to do the work that the major teams like Ferrari and McLaren need to do now. At Ferrari and McLaren(and that issue they still have to deal with after the Australian grand prix - not very helpful for their position on the grid either) the focus is mainly on trying to fix the problems they have.

Anyway.. this season is bound to be a very interesting one, that's for sure. :yes:

F1 is going down the pan fast with all this shit that's going on.

Ferrari lost trying to get the injunction against the FIA's cap plan, Ferrari still say they'll quit if the cap plan stays, Alonso said he doesn't want to race against smaller teams that come into F1, Kimi said he'll go go wherever Ferrari goes, other drivers aren't happy with what is going on, other teams may quit, the British GP is under threat, still no race in Canada, still lousy attendance in places where F1 isn't popular, and those two ageing idiots are still in charge.:huh:

:yes: Sad, really. Very sad. But as long as Ecclestone's getting paid a squillion and has 19yo honey on his side, and Mosley's got enough cash to be a sadomasochist, all's right with the world apparently :shrug:

But the fuss is over now, right? No more fights about teams staying or leaving Formula 1 and shit like that? And Max finally deciding to leave at the end of his term?

yeah, the break away stuff broke down, as was always going to happen. mosley's meant to be leaving, but apparently luca di montametc said something offensive and now he says he'll stay until he gets an apology..

i don't think bernie even knows what f1 is, he's just a lost senile old i-struck-oil prick

that was fucking amazing.

would have been first into turn 1 but he forgot barrichello started alongside him

then he got the drive through and i thought he was gone

but whoever red bull's strategist is deserves to be knighted after getting him the win

so deserved, and it was great to hear him scream on his victory lap, "you fucking beauty!!!"

What a freakish, nasty accident for Felipe Massa. It sounds like his injuries were much more serious than originally thought, requiring surgery and an induced coma.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Ran into a bouncing spring on the track from Reuben's car. Spring struck his helmet knocking him unconscious for a second right at the speed trap. Fortunately he came around in time to slow the car down somewhat before going head-on into a tire wall. Emergency surgery for a fractured skull to relieve pressure was needed.

Pretty common injury here in sprint car racing country and only time will tell to what degree he will recover although I'm sure he's getting the best of care.

Lewis Hamilton and Mclaren look to have found their mojo again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom