Ten most disliked people in sports

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ashley Cole is right up there.

ashley-cole1.jpg

From his autobiography -

“Ash! Are you listening?” said a virtually hyperventilating Jonathan. “I’m here in the office and David Dein is saying they aren’t going to give you £60k a week. They’ve agreed £55k and this is their best and final offer. Are you happy with that?”

When I heard Jonathan (Barnett) repeat the figure of £55k, I nearly swerved off the road. “He is taking the piss, Jonathan!” I yelled down the phone. I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn’t believe what I’d heard. I suppose it all started to fall apart for me from then on. I’d trusted Mr Dein to push the deal through.

Glen JOHNSON
Ashley COLE
Steven GERRARD
Jermaine PENNANT
John TERRY
Frank LAMPARD
Peter CROUCH
Wayne ROONEY
Michael CARRICK
Joe COLE

I don't buy it that Manny is more disliked than A-Rod, or even worthy of inclusion. People may feel betrayed by the drug issue, but at least there's SOMETHING to like about him personality-wise, beyond his stats. A-Rod is just a flat-out douche.

I don't buy it that Manny is more disliked than A-Rod, or even worthy of inclusion. People may feel betrayed by the drug issue, but at least there's SOMETHING to like about him personality-wise, beyond his stats. A-Rod is just a flat-out douche.

And what might that SOMETHING be?

A-Rod never quit on his teammates like Manny did last year with the BoSox.

My A-Rod action figure with kung fu grip is my absolute favorite!

And YES to Nick Saban. I'd throw Urban Meyer on there, too.

Seems like a pretty fun-loving guy. Isn't that obvious? He was a huge favorite in Boston and is now in Los Angeles.

No, he just chokes in the post season when it matters most.

Plus:

arod1.jpg

He's a BITCH.

It isn't pretty obvious. Help me out here. OBVIOUSLY, if Manny is on your team, you're gonna love him. BUT, if he's not, he is a DOUCHEBAG First Class.

Choking in the playoffs does suck, but it's no indicator of him being a douche. AND, doing anything bad against Boston when they are the enemy doesn't count either. You're supposed be a bitch to them.

Quitting on your teammates is Douche First Class. Especially if you're on team that is good. At least when Hall of Fame Douche Gary Sheffield quit on the Brewers AND the Padres, they sucked at the time. So, when Gary jaked it, he wasn't exactly costing his team the World Series. When Manny jaked it for the BoSox last season, he was a distraction to the team's championship aspirations.

Yankee fans know A-Rod is a douche, but he's their douche. He does and says a lot of dumb shit. But, at least eventually the guy owns up to it. When Manny was a cock last season, Manny didn't own up to anything.

Manny is a bigger douche than A-Rod.

Doesn't really say how large the polling sample was.

You have to take it with a grain of salt, and I'm sure it doesn't include young people.

Doesn't really say how large the polling sample was.

You have to take it with a grain of salt, and I'm sure it doesn't include young people.

I also have to tell you that I know a lot of people that have thought Manny was a douche for years. Not sure if you know about his last few years with the Sox, or not, but, he did not exactly endear himself to anyone during that stretch....and even prior to that, he would have his annual trade demands, etc. Now, Sox fans might defend him, and that's all well and good but if you think that a lot of average baseball fans, especially ones not on the coasts, do not see Manny as a douche bag or clown, you're kidding yourself.

Oh, I don't think he's universally liked. I just feel that there are more people across the country who dislike A-Rod.

I dislike A-Rod a lot more than Manny. I've disliked A-Rod ever since he signed that contract with the RANGERS that wasn't because of the money, but because he wanted to be on a CONTENDER. :giggle: :doh:

Was there a typo in there? Where the hell is Peyton Manning???

If it weren't for his mother and wife recently telling him they definitely have breast cancer, FIGJAM should have made the list.

This was likely a poll of American sports fans. Americans cannot find Portugal on a map, so I doubt most have heard of Ronaldo.

Reminds me of one of my favorite Arrested Development recurring jokes:

"Gonna live it up down old South America way, huh Mikey?"

Back
Top Bottom