Sochi 2014 - XXII Olympic Winter Games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the Winter Olympics to death, but this has been a train wreck waiting to happen since a warm Black Sea resort town in a corrupt country was announced as the host city in 2007. I hope the coverage will be wide enough to show what they've done and not accomplished in the city, but I doubt it, it'll be tight and edited the way Detroit news broadcasts create "stunning" intros of their dilapidated city.

That out of the way, pumped for death defying/racing events. :love:

NBC's doing their bullshit delays again, and why the heck do we events starting today before the opening?

I'm going to do my best not to bitch about the delay thing, or people talking about the events before they air ... I went overboard during the London Olympics and am not sure why I care so much.

I'm just planning on watch the opening ceremonies and maybe catching some figure skating, although I'm not as into it as I used to be.

My parents were in a curling club for a few years. I got to try it once. It was harder than I thought.

I will stream anything that I really care to see LIVE, otherwise I am fine with coming home after work and watching the packaged primetime show. I'm over it.

I love this new era of streaming whatever sport you want. Curling is my favorite.

Sarah Palin will watch the winter Olympics from her house in Alaska.

Shit, she can just set up a lounging chair in her backyard and watch them live.

Edit: I just realized that was the joke that you're making. I AM SMRT.

Shit, she can just set up a lounging chair in her backyard and watch them live.

Edit: I just realized that was the joke that you're making. I AM SMRT.

maybe.gif

Woah, long time, no post. I logged in today to see if I could find the Torino thread and see if I posted any pictures from my trip but I can't access anything that old. :grumpy:

Can't wait for this mess to begin!

Plushenko makes a good villain.

Any strong U.S. contenders in men's figure skating that can take this punk down?

Here's hoping some New Zealand competitor pulls a Steven Bradbury and wins a gold. It'd be nice to finally have a Winter Olympics gold, and that seems to be the only way we're going to do it at the moment.

Still, at least we can always say we were the first Southern Hemisphere country to win a Winter Olympics medal of any colour, thanks to that silver in 1992.

I've just started streaming Japanese television to work on my language studies, so I am stupidly excited to watch the games through th NHK, just for curiosity's sake.

Back
Top Bottom