Sochi 2014 - XXII Olympic Winter Games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In a way, I like it that I have no allegiances in the winter Olympics as my country doesn't really compete. I get way too stressed during the summer Olympics/World Cup as it is, so it's nice to just watch it as a neutral observer and enjoy the sports.

Easy come, easy go. Bye Japan and the U.S. :(

EDIT: Oh wait! There's another Japanese contestant.

EDIT to the EDIT: Still not enough, though.

EDIT to the EDIT to the EDIT: Apparently it was. Can she hold on?

In a way, I like it that I have no allegiances in the winter Olympics as my country doesn't really compete. I get way too stressed during the summer Olympics/World Cup as it is, so it's nice to just watch it as a neutral observer and enjoy the sports.

What is your country?

Easy come, easy go. Bye Japan and the U.S. :(

EDIT: Oh wait! There's another Japanese contestant.

EDIT to the EDIT: Still not enough, though.

EDIT to the EDIT to the EDIT: Apparently it was. Can she hold on?

And she ends up in 4th. Well, that was fun. Ski Jump looks like one of the most amazing/terrifying things ever.

Brazil. We don't have mountains.
debatable
Izabel-Goulart-Victorias-Secret-lingerie-200809-9.jpg

Bob Costas Downs Some Vodka, Hands Off Olympics Coverage To Matt Lauer

"Reluctantly, I was trying to throw a complete game here, but I think we're going to have to go to the bullpen, and I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but you're Mariano Rivera, at least tonight,'' Costas told Lauer. "Let's hope it's only tonight. I'm walking around, I might as well be playing 'Marco Polo.' I have no idea where I am.''

Thus answering the age old question: Does Costas just talk like that all the time?

Wow, they managed to downgrade from Costas. They couldn't have gotten Apollo Ohno to do it?

Yay, the men's hockey has started! Sweden is looking really good in this game (so far).

Never mind the dull result (a US clean sweep); the skiing slopestyle was one of the most awesome, exciting events I've seen all games. The short track speed skating is my favourite but that was close. Really, really close.

So Kazakhstan just fluked their way into the men's 5,000m speed skating relay final, and we've got Steven Bradbury commentating it here in Australia. I'm mildly disappointed he didn't call it by proclaiming "Kazakhstan have done a me".

Curling is seriously excellent to watch. Mostly because it is ridiculous from start to finish. The way the person releasing the 'rock' slowly skates, not blinking, ever so slightly letting go of the rock, and then the two people with brooms, sometimes not brooming, other times doing it furiously. It's a riot.

Yeah I also generally think that the freestyle skiing events have been awesome to watch.

The US guys did great today, just an amazing job, all 3 of 'em.

So Torah Bright is already pretty hot. Then you add her incredible bubbly, positive, down-to-earth, non-media-talky personality, and you have the hottest woman on the planet.

TorahBrightSnowboardShimmy.gif

'Murica is fucking demolishing 2010's 4th place finish in ice hockey. Great start.

Russia is mostly keeping Slovenia under wraps, but the goaltending is far less than ideal. 2 goals surrendered in 8 shots.

I'm so pissed, I missed the whole thing, save the very last run :-(.

Whoever called it silly, in that article I posted the other day can fuck off. That looked like just about the funnest event that doesn't involve snowboards/skis.

Though there goes another gold for Germany. With Skeleton still coming, I wonder if they're going to continue to dominate this olympics.

I think the luge relay is actually super dumb/silly as an event, but it is fun to watch. Possible to be both.

Canadian men's hockey team was pretty brutal in the first period. Rather typical of their past showings.

Loved the luge relay! Someday, our men will be as good as our women lugers and we will have a chance at a medal.

Bummed I missed slopestyle, will need to catch the replay.

Super excited for skicross and boardcross because more people on the course at once makes everything better.

Watching a bit of the figure skating right now. And was impressed that one of our Americans skated to Prince, followed by a Canadian skating to AC/DC. :rockon:

Now just waiting to see the final two skeleton runs. :hyper:

I've only been watching bits and pieces so far, but now that I've remembered I can get the Canadian channel, I'm watching it just because I can. It's like 18 hours out of the day devoted to coverage.

O CANADA!

I've only been watching bits and pieces so far, but now that I've remembered I can get the Canadian channel, I'm watching it just because I can. It's like 18 hours out of the day devoted to coverage.

O CANADA!

We've got one free-to-air channel here in Australia running 24-hour coverage (and I presume pay TV is going even more nuts, but only about a third of households have that here). I suppose it's partly a function of the awkward timezone. Events begin live around 5:30pm our time, so they broadcast live through the evening and night, and then during the next day replay all the events from overnight.

Are you saying that there's no comparable non-stop US coverage? Given the monumental figures of money that get bounced around re: US TV rights, I'd have assumed the coverage would be unrelenting and everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom