Sochi 2014 - XXII Olympic Winter Games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This Canada-Switzerland curling match is very good. Switzerland leading 4-2, Canada has the hammer in the 8th end. Upset potential.

I know nothing about Curling and NBC doesn't have one of their nifty little cheat sheet videos up for it :sad:. Despite all that, I get the impression that the U.S. is getting its ass kicked by Norway right now.

And another clean sweep for the Dutch at speed skating! Gold, silver and bronze at the 500 meter sprint for men. This is big over here. Especially as this is the first time ever a Dutchie won gold at the 500 meter sprint (We're usually better at the longer distances, 500 meter is too short :) ). The medal table looks nice for now, with the Netherlands at the top. :)
Medal Table - Sochi 2014 - BBC Sport

Forget ice skating, I just want the shoes they're wearing for Curling. I think I'd do much better in those.

They are sexy as hell. I was sitting here thinking about how much I wanted those pants, actually. They remind me so much of something, but I can't think of what. Maybe just a court jester, or something. But, regardless, I desperately want both their pants and shoes.

I see if you search for Norway curling team all you get is article after article about their pants. This is a nice diversion tactic on their part. I approve.

cn_image_7.size.norway-curling-vancouver-olympics-february-2010-getty.jpg

They look like characters from Alice in Wonderland.

You always have the best uniforms/costumes. The orange rocks.

It may be juvenile, but it's hard not to be amused by the fact one of the Russians in the luge is called Semen Pavlichenko. No joke.

It would be funnier if that was how they were pronouncing it. But not for the same reason you think.

And another clean sweep for the Dutch at speed skating! Gold, silver and bronze at the 500 meter sprint for men. This is big over here. Especially as this is the first time ever a Dutchie won gold at the 500 meter sprint (We're usually better at the longer distances, 500 meter is too short :) ). The medal table looks nice for now, with the Netherlands at the top. :)
Medal Table - Sochi 2014 - BBC Sport

This is insane, dominating the sprints too. Congrats. I wish the US team was deeper than Shani Davis this time around.

Also re:speed skating, a very disappointing 1,500m for JR Celski, his best event, hopefully he can place somewhere else though. I love the kid's story, he was a few days too young to qualify for Torino, qualifies for all the races he completed at the trials for 2010 only to fall in the 500m trials and nearly cut his femoral artery on the ice and came close to dying, 5 months later he grabs two medals at 19 in Vancouver right up the road from his home in the Pacific Northwest.

Until our moguls men took it away. :)

Very happy for Alex Bilodeau, such a lovely person overall.

I was really happy for him, history-making performance and it couldn't have been by a nicer athlete.

Also yes, Julia Mancuso is hilarious, beautiful and completely chill, congrats to her as well.

Never mind, just saw it. Who knew luge-rs could be so cool. (please refrain from any cold/ice related rebuttals)

Back
Top Bottom