Sochi 2014 - XXII Olympic Winter Games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't read the article yet, but I saw that White was also bitching about the pipe. What's the problem? (though I don't know if I've ever seen so many talented people fall as this.)

It's too warm there, the snow keeps melting and diveting and the officials keep having to gerry-rig solutions to smooth it out.

And there goes White. Two sloppy landings, I'm guessing he lands in 4th. The run was impressive, but it wasn't clean.

TBH Shaun White left a bad taste in my mouth the other day so part of me was pleased to see the results.

I-Pod is awesome, White certainly went bigger and harder than everyone else like he knew he'd have to, at least he gave us a show I don't think any of us can imagine that kind of pressure.

TBH Shaun White left a bad taste in my mouth the other day so part of me was pleased to see the results.

Not to repeat myself too much, but he left a bad taste in my mouth 4 years ago when he cheered over a teammate falling, ensuring him a gold medal.

I was still going for him today, though, cause....USA! USA! USA!

Oh come on, I'm sure he would have congratulated him if he had won, but these are individual contests, what do you expect? He sees I-Pod as a rival that pushes him further and further and yet he was very gracious with him just now.

Oh come on, I'm sure he would have congratulated him if he had won, but these are individual contests, what do you expect? He sees I-Pod as a rival that pushes him further and further and yet he was very gracious with him just now.

It's the same thing I said the other day. It's an individual contest, representing the country as a whole, so I can see the debate on either side. I just said it left a bad taste in my mouth, that's all. I would've been just fine with him winning just now, regardless.

It's easy to either praise or rip to pieces every little thing someone with so much spotlight on them does. None of us really know what kind of person he is all told.

I don't think anyone is judging him as a person.

Aaaaanyway, is the women's ski jump the only thing left for today?

With all the hype, might as well watch it. Didn't realize it was an event that was going to be done in a single day :lol:

This just in, Australian halfpipe finalist Kent Callister's great uncle is the inventor of Vegemite:

https://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/athlete/kent-callister
the-more-you-know-o.gif

Having it out for someone because of soundbites and tv clips isn't a form of judging someone?

:lol:

It'd be fitting if NBC's coverage had actually mentioned that, maybe the highly edited primetime broadcast will.

I wonder if they'll actually show the whole thing since it's only 12 riders, but slopestyle they only showed the same ~5-6 people throughout the three rounds.

I'm so glad I don't have to watch those broadcasts anymore. Sometimes it pays to work in the evenings.

Back
Top Bottom