Sochi 2014 - XXII Olympic Winter Games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I assume the figure skating I'm watching right now on NBC is on delay?

Anyways, the Canadian figure skaters I just watched were breathtaking.

Win Butler with an appearance in the Russian figure skating duo.

Oh wait, is Plushenko the blonde guy in red?

Plushenko is the blonde.
ALeqM5hw-FglVdpQBs2EyvGoEOtH0eqlqQ

Win is this guy:
628x471.jpg

I assume the figure skating I'm watching right now on NBC is on delay?

Anyways, the Canadian figure skaters I just watched were breathtaking.

None of the stuff NBC will be telecasting in primetime is live.

And I agree, I was impressed with the Canadian pair. Especially the fact that they skated to music fucking composed by the guy skating! That shit is impressive. And I would have to assume it's never been done before.

None of the stuff NBC will be telecasting in primetime is live.

And I agree, I was impressed with the Canadian pair. Especially the fact that they skated to music fucking composed by the guy skating! That shit is impressive. And I would have to assume it's never been done before.

I thought they said he composed. That's amazing. I love it.

I only caught the last three pairs, but after the Canadian and Russian team skated, I was super embarrassed about the U. S. team using Smooth for their music.

Ughhh not sure if you guys remember Steve Bradbury - he's the bloke who won a speed skating gold in Salt Lake City because everyone else fell over

Steven Bradbury - An Incredible Gold Medal Victory | Olympic Rewind - YouTube

But he is co-hosting our coverage and he's illiterate and can't string two fucking words together.
I saw that a while ago. It's definitely one of the most hilarious things in sports I've ever seen. Didn't he get through the semi-final in the same way?

Yeah, I definitely remember that abomination.

Also, go away figure skating, it obviously requires all kinds of skill and practice, but so does circus and that's not in the Olympics. The fact that one competitor composed the music they skated to is impressive though. I like clear cut winning races. Though I do make exceptions for judged events like snowboarding / moguls because they're jaw-dropping and the limits of the sports are still being defined every year.

Let's get to speedskating, skeleton, alpine, ski jumping, more snowboarding, etc.

Maybe it's because I don't care that much about figure skating, but there is just way too much of it on. The new "team" competition is absolutely ludicrous and I am certain that it exists for no other reason than to give networks something to play in primetime. Blech.

Didn't manage to catch the opening ceremonies live so I'll watch tonight.

Not a huge fan of figure skating myself, but given that synchronized swimming is an Olympic sport, might as well let them dance on the ice rink for a medal.

I don't mind that as much as the new TEAM event which makes no sense.

Seriously, it's bad enough, they didn't need to double the amount we have to fast-forward/ignore to get to good events.

I saw that a while ago. It's definitely one of the most hilarious things in sports I've ever seen. Didn't he get through the semi-final in the same way?

He reached the semis when somebody in his quarter final was disqualified; he reached the final when two guys in his semi fell over; and then he won gold when the entire fucking field collapsed in a heap on the final turn.

I've never cheered louder for Australia than I did on that night in 2002.

But oh god I cannot fathom why Channel 10 thought it'd be a good idea to use him as part of their coverage. Channel 10's whole build-up to the Games has been excruciating, especially because Australia now expects medals. Prior to Steven Bradbury this country had never even won a Winter Olympics gold! Part of me hopes Australia gets absolutely nothing this year just for the hilarity of watching Channel 10 try to explain it away. The explanations and self-flagellation over the poor London medal haul was hilarious enough.

I had to ask zoney's wife (the figure skating expert) to explain the new team event to me.

It does seem like just a ratings grab. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom