Sochi 2014 - XXII Olympic Winter Games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like Russian Federation will win both medal races
Gold and overall totals

congrats to Russia for a good Olympics with no real serious problems

and some classic figure skating judging shenanigans and (ahem) bloc voting. it's like the Cold War never ended! :up:

sure, that happens every olympics

but if you flip that Russian Gold and S. Korean Silver, Russia still wins both totals

I saw that, there is a lot of that going on.

I don't know the particulars of how one is allowed to be listed.

Maybe Rodman and some friends can win a medal for N. Korea?

Three of Russia's golds were won by new Russian citizen Victor An (from Korea).

on second thought, there is no there, there

Viktor Ahn (Russian: Виктор Ан; born November 23, 1985), also known as Ahn Hyun-soo (Korean: 안현수) and Victor An, is a Russian short track speed skating athlete of South Korean descent. After competing for South Korea since childhood, in 2011 he became a Russian citizen and now races for the Russian team

How many Cubans have defected to the US? Quite a few eastern block had defected to the West and competed under their new citizenship.

That he became Russian in 2011 is less scandalous than if he did it a few months back and just squeaked in.

Congrats to Finland for Ice Hockey medal win

A day after losing to Canada in the semifinals, team USA dropped the bronze medal game to Finland 5-0.

a bit of a shocker, :huh:

again, the Women's Silver medal is looking better all the time

let's hope Canada is the best team on the ice again tomorrow for the Gold !!

no offense to our Swedish friends, may the best team win.

My phone lied to me? It told me US for bronze like an hour ago.... :huh:

Definitely not. 5-0 loss. Total shambles for the US team. They even had 2 penalty shots and couldn't score.

Awesome way for Teemu Selanne to go retire.

I just can't get over Teemu Selanne. 26 years on the Finnish national team, 6 Olympics, 4 medals. 43 years old. Two more goals today, once again setting a record for the oldest hockey player to ever score in the Olympics. Incredible, incredible achievement.

He began his pro career in Winnipeg. After the game, he said, "I knew Canada was cheering for us today...all I can say is thank you."

This will sound ridiculous but when the US lost to Canada, I knew there'd be no bronze medal….not due to the US, but because the Finns don't lose bronze medal games. :)

Amen to the above re: Selanne…what a great NHL and international career for the guy. Wish him nothing but the best and am glad I got to see him play in person a few times in my life.

I think that the Finns actually have the most medals of any country since the NHLers joined.

For me, it's a bit of a letdown, tomorrow's gold medal game. If it was vs. Russia or USA, it would feel way more exciting.

Congrats to Finland for Ice Hockey medal win

a bit of a shocker, :huh:

again, the Women's Silver medal is looking better all the time

Definitely not a shocker. The Finns lost to the favorite team in the tournament in a pretty close match. The US lost to a pretty mediocre team Canada (given the standards, I mean). Finland is a pretty good team.

whoever ends up getting the men's silver, I hope they are not crying and being poor sports when they receive them. I know Canada won't do this.

whoever ends up getting the men's silver, I hope they are not crying and being poor sports when receive them. I know Canada won't do this.

Jesus, Deep, can you just fuck off already? We get it. You think the women's teams were a bunch of little pansy-asses for being upset that they lost an incredibly close, hard-fought game and in the end only came in second. I'm sure that you would never ever be emotionally involved if you were in a similar situation. That you would just be glad that you came in second, but we're not all you. Some of us have tiny cracks of weakness that we just can't help but let through once in a while.

Jesus, Deep, can you just fuck off already? We get it. You think the women's teams were a bunch of little pansy-asses for being upset that they lost an incredibly close, hard-fought game and in the end only came in second. I'm sure that you would never ever be emotionally involved if you were in a similar situation. That you would just be glad that you came in second, but we're not all you. Some of us have tiny cracks of weakness that we just can't help but let through once in a while.

:applaud:

Glad for the Canadians. Plus, it looks the US's defeat look a little more significant. Always good to know you went out to a winner.

That was probably the most boring, least potent offense of a team Canada I've ever seen. But then again, a win is a win is a win!

Gotta say, I was way more underwhelmed by this Olympics than I thought I'd be. A lot of the events, particularly the time trial, four-run skiing and luge events, were really boring to watch.

Back
Top Bottom