Sochi 2014 - XXII Olympic Winter Games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good now we can all go back to forgetting that ice dancing is a thing for another 48 months.

Well, I watched about 20 minutes of Giant Slalom and that was enough for me. Between the play-by-play commentator who kept over-pronouncing every foreign word he could get his hands on, the cameraman constantly wiping off his lens and the female color commentator who kept awkwardly delivering her information as if in the throes of passion was more than plenty.

Finally seeing Snowboard Cross. This is pretty cool.

There are palm trees in Sochi and it's a seaside resort, the signs were there IOC! To be fair though, the even had warm weather issues in Whistler for the Vancouver games, one never knows.

Oh my God, we may be having a repeat of Australia's speed skating luck here on the men's cross.

Well that was shit.

What's that, our 90th bronze? I guess that's better than a 90th 4th place. We're on track for that.

say what you will about figure skating.

1. they are astonishing athletes
2. the ladies bring it all. the drama, the tears, the sequins, the makeup, the inappropriate music from Schindler's List. and i eat it up.

eat. it. up.

I will say this, not once have I been near a tv with the Olympics on, and they've been showing figure skating. So ive got nothing against it right now. There was half pipe skiing. I didn't even know that existed.

Damn, the Russian sensation YULIA LIPNITSKAYA fell. This sport is so fucking brutal. Still in 5th place heading into the FREE SKATE, though.

And our girl Gracie is in 4th. Let's go.

I'll have to watch NBC tonight to catch the US skaters. Damn it, Canada!

Bummed that Mao Asada missed that triple axel. That would have been so bad-ass.

yeah for us women's bobsledders

silver & bronze

and Laura ( or Lauren?) Williams...wow yeah for being a Winter AND Summer Olympics Medal Winner

she's a ? Sprinter, i think
they showed a photo of her from the SO and yeah, i think remember seeing that event (on tv)

man....I was soooo disappointed when nyc didn't win for summer (London won) .... :sad:
I've seen 3 (over ? 25+ years) Olympic Relay Torches come through the city :hyper: :love: !

Anyone else in Australia suffering through the godawful skicross commentary? This has to be some of the worst commentary I've heard during the Games, and that's saying something. One of the commentators managed to call three replays of the same incident as if they were replays of three separate incidents, and the two races featuring Australians were called with complete disregard to anyone else in the race... even though the Aussies were dead last for almost the entire duration of both races. Who's leading? Who cares! :happy:

I don't know what it is about Olympic Curling, I never watch it any other time of the year (and it is available to watch in Canada) and I have only a slight idea what is going on most of the time but I still can't stop watching it.

Back
Top Bottom