Pro Wrestling Thread- Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The company and creative in particular look to be in safe hands with Triple H! I enjoyed the recent PPV in Cardiff - couldn't make it there but I thought it all went off well.

Well done for keeping this thread alive MrPryck2U! It's funny seeing this place kind of limping along, when thinking about how active so many of us were in the early 2000's to 2010.

The company and creative in particular look to be in safe hands with Triple H! I enjoyed the recent PPV in Cardiff - couldn't make it there but I thought it all went off well.

Well done for keeping this thread alive MrPryck2U! It's funny seeing this place kind of limping along, when thinking about how active so many of us were in the early 2000's to 2010.

:wave::wave::wave:

Thanks! I still lurk here daily but post a little less. If something big happens in wrestling, I try to post about it. Good to see you!

This Bloodline storyline has been incredible. I'm so hooked.

Yes, they've been doing a great job. With HHH in charge of Creative and McMahon no longer involved, the product has improved since last Summer. I like Sami Zayn, but I want Cody to win the title(s) at WM.

Whoa, its a snowy afternoon and I've got nothing better to do than announce that today is The Nature Boy, Ric Flair's 74th birthday. Never thought old Ric would last 74 years. He's nearly died at least 3 times. He is the Ozzy of pro wrestling. :wink: Now I'm not a big Flair fan, but I respect the longevity of his career. He kept himself in great shape regardless of his hedonistic habits.

A few more random thoughts:

McMahon is a piece of shit. Too many scandals to show a pattern. WWE greatly improved when he "retired". It's the best it's been in a long time. Now, he's back and naturally wants to sell WWE because he can, but hopefully he stays away from creative. WWE has been in the McMahon family for decades. It's gonna be weird to see someone else own it.

It's going to be real interesting to see how WWE handles the whole Roman/Cody/Sami WWE title situation. I'd love to see Cody win at WM. I've been a fan of his since he originally came to WWE. Sami has been busting his ass for a long time in WWE too. He's getting his biggest push. A win over Roman will be a huge rub for anyone.

I won't be watching WrestleMania. Last one I watched was WM 30 when Daniel Bryan won the title at the end. I don't have the WWE Network. I only watch WWE for "free" on Hulu. I go to my wrestling sites and they provide all the info I need for WWE's "premium events". The show is a 2 night event. That's a lot of wrestling. You can watch too much wrestling. :wink:

I watched his final match last year, it was so funny seeing how slow he was and how careful and supportive the opponents were. Cool to see Mick Foley and Undertaker in the crowd, too.

I watched his final match last year, it was so funny seeing how slow he was and how careful and supportive the opponents were. Cool to see Mick Foley and Undertaker in the crowd, too.

I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I never even watched his matches in TNA. He was 59 when he retired from WWE in 2008. His last few years there were tough. He took a lot of losses. Mick Foley is an amazing human being. He was there for Ric even though, years earlier, Flair called Mick a glorified stuntman. Obviously, they made amends.

Last edited:
WM 39 was held in LA over the weekend. Since 2020, the event has been held over 2 nights. While I didn't watch the event, I read about it online and it appears that Night 1 was better than Night 2. The big Main Event was Unified WWE Champion Roman Reigns against 2023 Royal Rumble winner, Cody Rhodes. I definitely felt that Cody should have won the match. They hyped the shit out of his father never having won the WWF/E title. WM is where you pass the torch. But, WWE felt that there's more story to be told, so Reigns holds onto the title.

In other news: WWE was sold to the parent company of UFC, Endeavor. McMahon's grubby hands are still going to be involved in WWE because the deal makes him a 49 percent stockholder. Thankfully, HHH is still head of Creative and he has assured the fans that, for now, nothing has changed. We'll see. Either way, big news. McMahon will no longer have total control of WWE. But, rest assured, he is still a serial rapist piece of shit.

I watched Mania 39 and it was a great show. Night 1 was better than night 2. I’m excited for the WWE sale but not excited that Vince McMahon is back in creative control.

I watched Mania 39 and it was a great show. Night 1 was better than night 2. I’m excited for the WWE sale but not excited that Vince McMahon is back in creative control.

Glad you liked the show! I'm excited about the sale also. Just to clarify, McMahon is a part of Creative, but Triple H is the Head of Creative. He is the boss in that department. But, even McMahon being "a part of creative" is absolutely terrible. I couldn't use the word "terrible" enough to describe McMahon. He's been out of touch for decades.

I have almost watched it all, just the Rhodes / Roman fight to go. I think it was pretty obvious they'd write one of two scenarios: either Cody beats Roman and the Usos beat KO and Sami Zayn, or vice versa.

Night 1 had indeed been better so far. The KO/Zayn vs Usos fight was SO good, they seemed down and to come back and win was awesome. Enjoyed watching Trish Stratus and Lita win with Becky Lynch. The fatal four way tag team match had maybe the best move of the weekend with that tower stack and fall. The Mysterios fight had me super hyped. Seth and Logan was hugely entertaining. So far for me though, Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley has been match of the weekend. That was so fucking epic, and it was so cool seeing Charlotte smiling and laughing at the end, having passed on the torch. Night 2, I love Asuka and it sucks they didn't have her win, they'll be losing a huge talent if she goes back to Japan. Edge's win was awesome too.

I have almost watched it all, just the Rhodes / Roman fight to go. I think it was pretty obvious they'd write one of two scenarios: either Cody beats Roman and the Usos beat KO and Sami Zayn, or vice versa.

Night 1 had indeed been better so far. The KO/Zayn vs Usos fight was SO good, they seemed down and to come back and win was awesome. Enjoyed watching Trish Stratus and Lita win with Becky Lynch. The fatal four way tag team match had maybe the best move of the weekend with that tower stack and fall. The Mysterios fight had me super hyped. Seth and Logan was hugely entertaining. So far for me though, Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley has been match of the weekend. That was so fucking epic, and it was so cool seeing Charlotte smiling and laughing at the end, having passed on the torch. Night 2, I love Asuka and it sucks they didn't have her win, they'll be losing a huge talent if she goes back to Japan. Edge's win was awesome too.

I love Asuka and I hate how they're booking her. A lot of people shared that opinion about Charlotte/Ripley. Charlotte drew some criticism for smiling after the match. You're supposed to be pissed if you lost. Kayfabe is still alive! Lol! I wonder how the Ripley/Dom romance is gonna go now that she's the champ.

Finally the product gets good again and they slip McMahon back in there. Now their product is gonna go to shit again. :sad:

Wow, that's ridiculous. I thought the theatre of her smiling and laughing was great. It was clear it was a "well holy shit that was a great match and she got me good" kinda vibe.

You look at the Youtube comments of most WWE videos and it's clear Triple H as creative director has been a huge success (although maybe they just delete the negative comments lol)

Wow, that's ridiculous. I thought the theatre of her smiling and laughing was great. It was clear it was a "well holy shit that was a great match and she got me good" kinda vibe.

You look at the Youtube comments of most WWE videos and it's clear Triple H as creative director has been a huge success (although maybe they just delete the negative comments lol)

I had no problem with her smiling after the match. The business has changed. Pro wrestling should strive to be as close to real as possible and that was a real moment. I love Charlotte as a wrestler way more than her father. She's way more athletic.

I haven't watched pro wrestling in decades but just wanted to comment on Vince's mustache.

RIP Superstar Billy Graham.

He wasn't a favorite of mine, but he did beat Bruno Sammartino for the WWWF Championship and held it for 10 months. The guy faced death for several years and persevered. At least he's no longer suffering.

Another WWF Champion heads up to the squared circle in the sky. RIP Iron Sheik. He was one crazy motherfucker and one tough son of a bitch.

RIP Terry Funk. :sad: One of the craziest motherfuckers to ever lace up a pair of boots. A former NWA Champion and former ECW Champion.

I know I post of lot of RIP's here in the Pro Wrestling Thread, but it's my small way of honoring those that gave their all to the pro wrestling business. Terry Funk gave his all (and then some) to the pro wrestling business.

Wow.

Rest in Peace Bray Wyatt AKA Windham Rotunda. Dead at 36. Reports are saying he had COVID and it damaged his heart. Heart Attack was the cause of death. He was a very talented performer. Very sad. And while he did win the WWE title once and the Universal title twice, they weren't lengthy title reigns. WWE never really utilized him to his fullest capabilities.

Last edited:
What a sad week in pro wrestling, the wrestlers must be absolutely devastated to cop two such significant deaths two days in a row.

I'm so into wrestling now it's ridiculous. We never had pay tv as kids (is it on free to air over there?) and only had a couple of mates who had it, so never grew up watching it. It's so fucking entertaining. I'm weighing up whether to try and see a live show while I'm in the US... nothing lines up but I could potentially look at going to this or this in Texas... or maybe this one in Oklahoma but I'd be needing to fly in and out.

Seeing a lot of people REALLY excited about LA Knight.

WWE Smackdown is on FOX here in the US. That's "free" technically but most people have cable or a streaming platform like Hulu to view it. RAW is on the USA Network which is a cable channel, but once again you could also view it on something like Hulu. All of WWE's shows are available on Peacock which is NBC/Universal's streaming service. The WWE Network is no longer available in the US.

Bray Wyatt was off of TV for several months and his "illness" was never fully disclosed. Supposedly he was close to returning to WWE before his death. Bray Wyatt was a unique performer that the powers that be at WWE never fully grasped. Sure, he won some championships there, but he took a lot of losses which weakened his character. He was the guy that stepped into the Undertaker's shoes as this supernatural persona. Questionable booking led to his WWE release in 2021. He returned in 2022, but the direction of his character still seemed uncertain. Tonight's Smackdown show will more than likely be dedicated to him.

Terry Funk's passing was different. He was suffering for years from various ailments caused by his wrestling career. He lived a full life. His death didn't come as a surprise.

LA Knight is a guy that the fans have taken to, but it doesn't appear as if the office is on the same page as the fans.

Hey Pryck, I've looked it up and there's four shows that I could potentially try and get to while I'm in the US.

Raw, 16th, OKC
Saturday Night's Main Event, 21st, Edinburg
Sunday Stunner, 22nd, Laredo
Raw, 23rd, Dallas

What are the Saturday/Sunday things? Seems like they're non-televised events... are these worth going to? It's probably unlikely given they both appear to be in non-major towns in Texas, but I'll consider it. And just so I'm not disappointed... the WWE commentary isn't played in the venue, right?

if your itinerary is still the same as the one you posted in the Vegas thread, there's no way in hell you're going also be able to go to dallas/OKC on top of all that.

Hey Pryck, I've looked it up and there's four shows that I could potentially try and get to while I'm in the US.

Raw, 16th, OKC
Saturday Night's Main Event, 21st, Edinburg
Sunday Stunner, 22nd, Laredo
Raw, 23rd, Dallas

What are the Saturday/Sunday things? Seems like they're non-televised events... are these worth going to? It's probably unlikely given they both appear to be in non-major towns in Texas, but I'll consider it. And just so I'm not disappointed... the WWE commentary isn't played in the venue, right?

You're right. Those are pretty much House Shows/non-televised events. No commentary. But the cards are usually good. Usually no title changes, though. The Raws in OKC or Dallas would be cool. You'd probably want to shoot for a Raw, this way you could watch it again on TV or something.

if your itinerary is still the same as the one you posted in the Vegas thread, there's no way in hell you're going also be able to go to dallas/OKC on top of all that.

Scale is apparently not a thing in Australia. Dallas is only an inch away from Vegas on the map.

Back
Top Bottom