Pro Wrestling Thread- Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want to see that doc very much, thanks for the reminder.

How did you feel about Ronda's shirt? I think I was ok with it, but it was really weird to see at first.

I want to see that doc very much, thanks for the reminder.

How did you feel about Ronda's shirt? I think I was ok with it, but it was really weird to see at first.

I was ok with it. She has the blessing of Roddy's family and his son even gave her Roddy's black leather jacket to wear to the ring. Ronda is a great athlete. She just needs to improve as a talker.

Right yeah. Man that's really cool. She's gone down a lot in my eyes over the years, but I'm going to love anyone who keeps Roddy's memory alive.

Right yeah. Man that's really cool. She's gone down a lot in my eyes over the years, but I'm going to love anyone who keeps Roddy's memory alive.

Exactly! Young fans might be inspired by Ronda to search Roddy Piper and learn how he was a mad genius.

Ronda's got the physicality needed for WWE, but it's gonna take a while for her to be truly comfortable on the mic. She'll get there. To achieve success in WWE, you gotta be a fan of the product and she is. Just gonna take some time.

Plus, keep this in mind. She was 12-2 in UFC and her very last 2 fights were her only losses. She might have exited badly, but she was successful for the majority of her UFC career.

Christopher Alan Pallies was an American professional wrestler, better known by his ring name, King Kong Bundy dies at the age of 61. :sad:

WrestleMania 35 is this Sunday. It will be held in the bustling metropolis of East Rutherford, New Jersey. Hopefully the weather doesn't suck. The big story of course, is that for the first time ever, a women's match will headline WrestleMania. Raw Women's Champ, Ronda Rousey, will be facing Smackdown Women's Champ, Charlotte Flair, and also challenger, Becky Lynch, in a Winner Takes All Triple Threat Championship Match. These 3 ladies are arguably the biggest stars in WWE today. I think the winner will be Becky Lynch.

A couple of other big matches:

WWE Universal Champ Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins. Rollins wins.

WWE Champ Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston. Bryan wins.

Plus, there's this year's Hall of Fame Class:

DX, Hart Foundation, and Harlem Heat are a few of the inductees.

WM 35 has come and gone. Becky Lynch is the new Raw/Smackdown Women's Champion. Seth Rollins defeated Brock Lesnar to become the new Universal Champion. Kofi Kingston defeated Daniel Bryan to become the new WWE Champion. 7 title changes took place and the weather turned out to be just fine at MetLife Stadium.

RIP Rocky Johnson :sad:

-WWE Hall of Famer

-Along with Tony Atlas, became the first African-Americans to capture the WWF Tag Team Championship

-Father of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Since the virus, I haven't been following pro wrestling as closely as usual. WWE lost a legend recently. Longtime WWF/E ring announcer Howard Finkel passed away at age 69. The Fink was one of the longest tenured WWE employees. Naturally, when I think of "The Fink", I remember how he would announce when a new champion was crowned.

WWE finally gave the smarks their wish. Turn Roman Reigns heel. He is now a Paul Heyman Guy and, after last night's Payback PPV, he is the new WWE Universal Champion. He pinned the former champ Braun Stroman in a Triple Threat match also featuring former champ The Fiend, Bray Wyatt.

RIP Road Warrior Animal

The Road Warriors were arguably one of the greatest tag teams of the 20th Century. They often main evented wrestling PPV's and/or cards when tag teams usually didn't do that. Animal was only 60 years old.

aw man the legion of doom was my favourite tag team as a kid because of the armour. RIP.

btw this might be the saddest thread on the whole forum.

aw man the legion of doom was my favourite tag team as a kid because of the armour. RIP.

btw this might be the saddest thread on the whole forum.

Yes, its practically become the RIP thread with various pro wrestling personalities listed.

The armor was awesome.

RIP Pat Patterson :sad:

The first ever Intercontinental Champion. The creator of the Royal Rumble Match. One of the first wrestlers to be openly gay and universally accepted. A beloved wrestling personality in front of the camera and behind the scenes.

RIP Pat Patterson :sad:

The first ever Intercontinental Champion. The creator of the Royal Rumble Match. One of the first wrestlers to be openly gay and universally accepted. A beloved wrestling personality in front of the camera and behind the scenes.

How did you rate the Rumble just gone?

How did you rate the Rumble just gone?

I didn't watch the show, but I read the results and saw some videos. I love Edge, but he should not have won the Rumble. But, I get it. They need to generate interest in their product, so they go the nostalgia route. Because of the pandemic, the pro wrestling business has been forced to think outside the box. A huge part of the business is the crowd response. It feeds into the story. The Thunderdome concept helps.

Anybody out there watch Dark Side of the Ring on Vice? They're up to Season 3 and they've had some crazy stories. They even just started a spin-off. It's called the Dark Side of Football.

Finally, some great pro wrestling news! CM Punk has returned to pro wrestling! He was one of the dudes that I rooted for in the 2000's/10's. All Elite Wrestling is his new home. He hasn't wrestled since January 2014 when he left WWE. It is awesome to see him back. AEW just got a new viewer.

Vince McMahon has retired from WWE. :|

Gee, I wonder why he's suddenly retiring on a Friday with no big announcement/speech on TV?

Back
Top Bottom