Pro Cycling 2015 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:15 PM
Pro Cycling 2015

Let's talk about cycling. Here's the major dates for this year:

Paris-Nice: 8-15 Mar
Milan-San Remo: 22 Mar
Tour of Flanders: 5 Apr
Paris-Roubaix: 12 Apr
La Fleche Wallonne: 22 Apr
Liege-Bastogne-Liege: 26 Apr
Giro d'Italia: 9-31 May
Criterium du Dauphine: 7-14 Jun
Tour de Suisse: 13-21 Jun
Tour de France: 4-26 Jul
Vuelta a Espana: 22 Aug-13 Sep
World Championships: 20 Sep

Old 02-21-2015, 09:35 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Old 02-27-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Looks like one of the longtime familiar teams won't be in the tour this year: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-...ldtour-licence

I wonder what this will mean for Nibali's attempt at a TDF repeat? Will the riders be able to transfer to another team or are they stuck on a disqualified team because of their contracts? The article is unfortunately quite short on the details of the implications of this.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:35 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Paris-Nice started today and lasts all week. Some big names racing in it.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/paris-nice-2015
Old 03-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

I have a feeling I might be hearing a lot of crickets in this thread, at least till July.

Tirreno-Adriatico starts tomorrow as well.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:13 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Next weekend

I don't have cable anymore though so I'm not sure how to watch it, anybody know of a streaming service that shows it every day? I can get access to BBC Sports, French TV (although I'd prefer English commentary), using my VPN, or NBC Sports if I have to but I would rather not pay for an NBC subscription for the sake of one 3-week event.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:15 PM
So it's started!

Quite a surprising win for Dennis. I also thought it was funny how our commentators were saying Quintana had done a bad TT for about two hours when he's actually done better than expected in comparison to the other favorites. I'm rooting for him. I'd be okay with contador as well. Winning the Tour and the Giro would be incredible. Other than those two, it's anyone but Froome for me. Can't stand the guy.

The crowd was amazing as well of course. The noise during Dumoulins ride was deafening. They're starting near me on Monday but I'm not sure I'll be able to go yet.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 03:15 PM
The announcers were talking about how Valverde had been named co-leader of Movistar and that Quintana was unhappy about that, but just yesterday Cycle Sport had reported that Valverde was riding in support. I wonder if they were just being dramatic, or if something had changed. It would be nuts for them to throw their support behind Valverde. He's got a chance at being in the top 10, but he's not going home in yellow.

Contador is my guy this time. It would be amazing to see him win the double. I'd like to see Nibali win too, to silence people who say that he wouldn't have won last year if Froome and Contador hadn't crashed out. He's won all three grand tours, and unlike Contador hasn't been found guilty of doping. I wonder how he's managed to escape the rumours given Astana's record.

I hope Sagan has a better tour this year than last.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:25 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quintana's achilles heel has always been TTs, same as Rodriguez. He did well today, though. He's never going to gain time in TTs.

I found a dubiously legal way to watch the race

I just hope this year all the contenders fight to the end. I want to see who the best is this year, not just who can survive.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:27 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

The next few days are going to be pretty crazy though so it wouldn't surprise me to see someone crashing out again.

And I'm pretty sure Quintana is Movistar's only leader. It's the only logical thing to do.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:57 AM   #11
Refugee

Local Time: 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Quintana's achilles heel has always been TTs, same as Rodriguez. He did well today, though. He's never going to gain time in TTs.

I found a dubiously legal way to watch the race

I just hope this year all the contenders fight to the end. I want to see who the best is this year, not just who can survive.
We probably use the same method

Even when Sportsnet broadcasts it I'd still opt to watch it online because the idiots that run that channel have no idea when to run commercial breaks. The number of times I've seen them cut away when someone's attacking, or the announcer is in mid-sentence...

Good finish today. Nice to see Sagan catch up and nab second place. I hope this isn't another year where he gets a bunch of top five finishes but no victories. It's funny how they were talking about him being the next Merckx a few years ago. Poor bastard. Once you're anointed "The Next Great" you have no choice but to fail.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

What a great stage today. It's a shame that Etixx didn't get anything in return for all their hard work. Renshaw made a big error at the end which cost Cavedish. And because Cavendish let Cancellara nab third place, Martin doesn't even get the yellow jersey.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:21 PM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

It was a wonderful party in my city the past couple of days. Loved the spectators cheering for every single cyclist during yesterday's time trial. Though, of course, they did cheer louder for some.
It was also a wonderful moment this afternoon to see them cycle under the Dom Tower (and a bit later on one of the canals). Plus, they went very close to my place! The peleton passed by in 10 seconds or so, but still. It was great.

Today's stage was also great to watch. With the weather (a bit of wind & rain) preventing a mass sprint at the end. Instead, there has already been quite a shake-up in the ranking. It will be interesting how this will play out in the end.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:29 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Day 3 and Team Sky is already wearing yellow. Now (barring catastrophe for Froome) we get two and a half weeks of watching the cycling equivalent of the neutral-zone trap. How exciting.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:37 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Yeah I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I wouldn't read too much into it yet. I've still got hope that Quintana can dominate in the mountains. It's not looking good for Contador though. He really seems tired and unsurprisingly so.