Pro Cycling 2015 - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2017, 10:21 AM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:50 AM
police brutality

DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:43 AM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

time for the annual "davec and nielsgov post a dozen times about cycling" thread!

le tour starts tomorrow. so many exciting questions to be answered. will chris froome make it 5* or will the weight of all the urine thrown at him finally slow him down too much? will we see the first giro-tour double since pantani did it with a heart composed entirely of EPO and pure bolivian flake? will mark cavendish get four more stage wins to pass eddy merckx for the new record, or will peter sagan's other elbow have something to say about that? can richie porte avoid cycling directly into cliff faces for an entire three weeks?

stay tuned to this thread as i post updates throughout the tour that absolutely no one will read!

Old 07-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

froome was about six inches away from his tour ending in stage one today:

Old 07-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:50 PM
Feels really weird that the Tour's started with the World Cup still going on.
nielsgov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:50 PM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

sunday's going to be a great day for sports. the tour on pavé in the morning and the world cup final in the afternoon. i hope the crowds by the roadside are extra hyped with their team in the final (sorry neilsgov lol)
Old 07-12-2018, 07:27 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Let's hope one of the Belgians can take revenge on Sunday.

Sagan dominating the first week as expected. What I find most crazy about him is that he's always positioned well. Almost every rider misses sprints in the Tour because they're either too far back or get caught up in crash. This almost never happens with Sagan.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:37 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

i feel bad for richie porte. but apparently he didn't break anything and may have quit the race a bit prematurely by the sounds of it. considering lawson craddock has been riding for a week on a broken shoulder blade and completed today's stage on the cobbles, it's not a very good look for richie if that report is true.

i got up at 8 am this morning after going out last night so i was only about 40% awake to watch this morning but i'm definitely pumped to watch the replay this evening.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:11 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

it was dislocated. i was off base with my last post, i wouldn't ride on that either. poor guy has no luck in france.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:17 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I hate to say it, but he may not be that good at riding a bike. Has he ever ridden a grand tour as leader and actually finished it?

Was very impressed by Quintana especially yesterday. I really hope he finds his form of 2-3 years ago back.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:46 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

the alps were great. in some recent tours i've felt like the GC riders just try to stick with team sky and doesn't challenge froome all that much and he wins the tour just by outlasting everyone else by small chunks. this year though the contenders are actually attacking and it's entertaining as hell.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:31 AM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

i thought that extending the barriers back a couple more km's from the top of the alpe would take away from the excitement of the ascent but in hindsight i don't think it did, if anything i think it helped the excitement of the race, letting the main group ride in a bunch for the last few km rather than forcing them into single file.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:37 AM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

What a stage yesterday! When the four leaders were "sur placing" with 2km to go...

It's indeed nearly impossible to attack when there are no barriers. I actually think Froome did not even dare to attack beforehand out of fear of getting hit. And with Nibali being forced to abandon... the crowd really was a disgrace. They should put barriers for the whole climb as it's clearly gotten out of hand on the Alpe.

Such a shame that Thomas didn't have the balls to just ride with Dumoulin once Froome was dropped.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:38 AM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:50 AM
Guess we know who the true leader of Sky is now.
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

anyone else watching this year?

i love alaphilippe. he reminds me a lot of thomas voeckler. aside from bardet (wtf is happening with him in this tour? he must be ill or hurt somehow) this is looking like the best chance in a long time for a french rider to win - i predict pinot will be on the top step in paris, with kruiswijk and bernal also on the podium. geraint cracked pretty badly today near the top of the tourmalet, and he had a bad run up to the tour with lack of preparation and a crash in the tour de suisse so i don't see how his form is going to get any better over the next week of climbing.