Penn State Child Molestation Scandal...continuing discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the bulletin popped up on my phone 15 minutes ago and it's on the msnbc website

sandusky denies the charges

Bob Costas' exclusive interview airs on Rock Center tonight at 10pm/9 CT on NBC.

here's a fairly simple question...

"are you sexually attracted to young boys?"

if the answer is no, the next words, within a matter of a second, maybe two, would be something along the lines of "no," "hell no," "fuck no," "absolutely not," "are you fucking crazy, of course not," or something along those lines.

if your answer is this...

Am I sexually attracted to underage boys? Sexually attracted? You know, I enjoy young people. I, I love to be around them. I, I... But no, I'm not sexually attracted to young boys.

... you're probably a pedophile.

Shades of Michael Jackson there with the stuttering, stammering attempt to justify an abnormal interest in young boys.

I want to slice my ears off after hearing bob costas ask the butt slapping question

scaled.php

the people who hate sandusky have doo doo in their souls

I want to slice my ears off after hearing bob costas ask the butt slapping question

yeah, agreed.

wow, even hypothetically if he didn't rape the boys, "horsing around" in the shower is enough to make me want to find him and beat the crap out of him.

There are starting to be reports of Penn State students losing internships from this. There was also a letter from a CEO in our school paper today where he said he would never hire a Penn State graduate because of Penn State's support of pedophilia. Our charities, including THON, are supposedly beginning to lose sponsorships. We raised $9.5 million last year. That number will probably go down for the first time in a long time.

There was also a letter from a CEO in our school paper today where he said he would never hire a Penn State graduate because of Penn State's support of pedophilia.

Well, he's an idiot. The normal response when interviewing somebody and seeing Penn State on the resume will be, "It must have been tough to be a Penn State student during that" and then they'll move on to discussing your qualifications, career goals, etc.

Well, he's an idiot. The normal response when interviewing somebody and seeing Penn State on the resume will be, "It must have been tough to be a Penn State student during that" and then they'll move on to discussing your qualifications, career goals, etc.

exactly. if anything, the ability to rise above a scandal like this and still be proud of your school probably makes you more ready for a role in a professional environment.

PhilsFan said:
There are starting to be reports of Penn State students losing internships from this. There was also a letter from a CEO in our school paper today where he said he would never hire a Penn State graduate because of Penn State's support of pedophilia. Our charities, including THON, are supposedly beginning to lose sponsorships. We raised $9.5 million last year. That number will probably go down for the first time in a long time.

It's completely unjustifiable to punish the student body or the professors over this. They cannot be held tacitly responsible for the malfeasance of the football program and a few administrators. I think that the school is acting wisely in coming down hard on the football program, as that should do something in the vein of disassociating the school from Paterno and co, thereby protecting the viability of the degrees of its students.

I'm sure that CEO is going to see his company's patronage among the many Penn State alumns and student drop just as sharply. Seriously, what an ass-hatty thing to say. Like all its students and alums knew what was going on and participated in some level of cover-up?

I'm curious to see how quickly he releases a back-pedaling statement.

Oh, good point. If he's smart, he didn't.

Then again, I think he's already demonstrated he's not smart.

here's a fairly simple question...

"are you sexually attracted to young boys?"

if the answer is no, the next words, within a matter of a second, maybe two, would be something along the lines of "no," "hell no," "fuck no," "absolutely not," "are you fucking crazy, of course not," or something along those lines.

if your answer is this...

... you're probably a pedophile.

Exactly.

is this just all hear say and rumors?

like when they said Sandusky was pimping out young boys to wealthy donors? anymore on that one?

I mean...seriously? I would think Sandusky could afford a better lawyer than one who would SAY they've contacted a witness...

Back
Top Bottom